The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

And they call Henrik soft.

danjr

the sedins could have ended this debate by putting the team on their backs during the 2011 SCF and leading it to its first ever Stanley Cup championship. opportunities like that only come once in a lifetime and their failure to rise to the challenge has forever cemented their legacy as soft players.

2678588_o.gif

the sedins could have ended this debate by putting the team on their backs during the 2011 SCF and leading it to its first ever Stanley Cup championship. opportunities like that only come once in a lifetime and their failure to rise to the challenge has forever cemented their legacy as soft players.

2678588_o.gif

2678588_o.gif

Do you think anyone in their right mind would take that if it wasnt for to draw a penalty?

You are right though,, it looks like Dank is taking abuse without any balls to retaliate,,I know I wouldnt be standing there taking that for 2 seconds,,but they are team players.

I think the refs were waiting for Sedin to fight back to even it out but they were shocked to see him just stand there & take 1 after another. I mean it's Stanley Cup Finals & for most the whistle has been put away. The refs are there to ref not to be a MOMMY and save the 6'1'' that's getting jabbed by the 5'9''... Show some canadian heart boys, Even Gretzky & Denis Savard would've fought back........

Just to play devil's advocate here, believe me, I ain't no troll, but should there be a mention in the record books that he only played one shift in the last game of last season? Didn't he play like 36 secs?

Doesn't take away all of his accomplishments, but knowing they were swept 4 games later, he should have played the whole game.

2678588_o.gif

According to who? You? Doesn't count to the rest of us...

I think the refs were waiting for Sedin to fight back to even it out but they were shocked to see him just stand there & take 1 after another. I mean it's Stanley Cup Finals & for most the whistle has been put away. The refs are there to ref not to be a MOMMY and save the 6'1'' that's getting jabbed by the 5'9''... Show some canadian heart boys, Even Gretzky & Denis Savard would've fought back........

See here's the thing, it's not a cake and eat it too. Did you even watch? I believe there were nearly 20 penalties assessed that game, so this wasn't the case at all. Should have been, which is what I prefer. Let 'em go. But they hadn't been doing that, so a penalty should have been called there for that post whistle GARBAGE. Why wasn't it?

See here's the thing, it's not a cake and eat it too. Did you even watch? I believe there were nearly 20 penalties assessed that game, so this wasn't the case at all. Should have been, which is what I prefer. Let 'em go. But they hadn't been doing that, so a penalty should have been called there for that post whistle GARBAGE. Why wasn't it?

Not everytime both guys want to fight in the NHL. Most of the times it one guy wanting to go & the other doesn't but in this league when challenged 99% of the time challenges are excepted almost ASAP.... When does Sedin say OK i've taken enough for him to get the original penalty now this 1 punch to Marchands face will just be a little equality....Also it will get me some respect & let people know Sedin in Swedish isn't Punching Bag.....

This is such a garbage point. Obviously he hadn't taken enough for the original call, because he didn't even get the original call. Daniel should have done something, but he was only following the style AV had. AV and the Canucks style that entire year was do whatever you can to draw penalties and beat them on the powerplay. Obviously that didnt work out for us in the finals.

Come playoffs it's a new league and a different ball game & U need muscle. B)

OK. Actually U are right to come think of this: :canucks:

The Sedins are tough players to handle & are great scorers but what they do lack is a little scrappy toughness. :canucks:

BUT why HASN'T Management gone out & got the proper protection for these 2 guys to be successful??? :shock:

Alls we need is a C. Neil, Orr & S.Ott, Bolland, Ladd. Torres, Clarkson, Morrow etc. ::D

INSTEAD OF Weise Sestito, Richardson, Santorelli, Schroeder, Jensen Booth... :sadno:

It's really our bottom 6 that needs re-building.

More BITE/GRIT/STIFFNESS = CUP :emot-parrot::canucks::emot-parrot:

Archived