The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Stl (Sedins) (Proposal)

With the Sedins contract extension going slowly apparently a few teams have been calling for there services and if I were Gillis I would listen. Don't get me wrong I want the Canucks to keep them but at the same time if they want 7.5 plus at this stage in their careers I would trade them . Heres my proposal...... [b]To Vancouver : Shattenkirk, Backes ,Tarasenko 2nd To Stl: H.Sedin,D.Sedin,1st,2nd ( 1st and 2nd if the Sedins don't resign) other wise no picks if they resign[/b]

:picard: this does nothing for either team. Why would either team want to trade their captain...?

[quote name='Outsiders' timestamp='1382222190' post='11731185']
With the Sedins contract extension going slowly apparently a few teams have been calling for there services and if I were Gillis I would listen. Don't get me wrong I want the Canucks to keep them but at the same time if they want 7.5 plus at this stage in their careers I would trade them . Heres my proposal...... [b]To Vancouver : Shattenkirk, Backes ,Tarasenko 2nd To Stl: H.Sedin,D.Sedin,1st,2nd ( 1st and 2nd if the Sedins don't resign) other wise no picks if they resign[/b]
[/quote]

So you give the Blues what they need and take away near redundant pieces in Backes Shatten deuces and their basic main scorer in Tarasenko AND give them coveted picks.

All the Blues need is two guys who can pitch in 160-200 points between them and their cup favourites period. The only thing missing from the Blues is two first line scoring threats as they've basically got a team full of huge bodied mean 2nd and 3rd liners incredible defense and solid goaltending.

Vancouver hangs up and laughs at that....

[quote name='Warhippy' timestamp='1382228224' post='11731323']
So you give the Blues what they need and take away near redundant pieces in Backes Shatten deuces and their basic main scorer in Tarasenko AND give them coveted picks.

All the Blues need is two guys who can pitch in 160-200 points between them and their cup favourites period. The only thing missing from the Blues is two first line scoring threats as they've basically got a team full of huge bodied mean 2nd and 3rd liners incredible defense and solid goaltending.

Vancouver hangs up and laughs at that....
[/quote]
Sedins are also UFAs after this season, any team trading for them takes the risk that they walk in the following season. I doubt the Blues take the deal in the OP let alone add. I would love them to as a Hawks fan but this doesn't make sense, both teams would prefer to keep their respective cores.

Archived