The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Missing puzzle piece is in the box.

5Fivehole0

As a member of the CDC forums I know, as well as most of you, that fans of been calling for GMMG to pick up a top 6 play maker or sniper to fill in the 2nd line hole that is Keslers wing. Booth was slotted to fill that role with people, including myself, believing that he was going to start lighting it up this year. Now with Booth benched and then mysteriously injured we once again have that void to fill in the top 6. Mike Gillis could make a trade or signing for a top 6 player with Hansen on LTIR and Booth on the sidelines, but I say nay to that trade... In fact I believe the only missing piece in our line up is a 3rd line center. "5Fivehole0 you are crazy like a goal tender", you may say, but to you nay sayers I present you, Mike Santorelli.

Santorelli has been making some key passes and key plays that have led to numerous scoring chances and as you saw tonight, goals. So long as he keeps playing with this kind of tenacity and hockey IQ there is no reason why this .69PPG player can't stay in our top 6. Not only is he scoring points but he is winning face-offs, so if Kesler were to get waived out, Santorelli could step in and still win a key face-off.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Santorelli

Kassian ______ Hansen

Sestito Richardson Weise

If the Canucks can shed Booth for a 3rd C worth around 2M they could sign someone to fill a spot for Sestito, a solid 4th liner for around a 1M and still have room to play.

Tortorella has been bringing out the best in this veteran team who is aging, but is not old. If Mike Gillis can score him a 3rd C we now have a complete club who can hit, score, fight, and skate.

We have been talking about that missing piece in the top 6 since training camp, but Mike Gillis picked it up off the floor and put it in the box already this past summer.

Higgins is not a second liner so there are two holes in five-hole.

If Higgins can continue this play, he sure as hell IS a second liner. All we need is one centre/winger for that second line and we are GOLD. Just to use Vanek, (as an example):

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Vanek

Kassian-Santorelli-Hansen

Archibald-Richardson-Weise

Ofcourse we would have to give up key prospects and or a defence man, but wow, that lineup is deadly. We also need to find a way to rid of Booth's contract.

Kesler takes the faceoffs on his strong side, and Henrik takes them on his strong side, but Kesler swaps over to the wing when he takes the draws

Maybe u should watch closer. He is playing wing.

Oh and Torts said tonight after the game he see Kesler as a winger.

Catch up

I still feel they can fetch a 3rd C for Booth and a pick

See, why not try and trade for a 2nd line C with a $4-$5 mil cap hit, who could move up or down the lineup as/if needed? Moving Booth's salary, along with the salary we already have available would allow for this. Even better would be a skilled 2nd line C who can also play the wing.

In my opinion, this would be the best move because the team needs to bring in someone who can score. Then all of a sudden the trickle-down effect will nicely fill holes in the bottom-6 and the team looks very solid and has depth. Torts could also use all kinds of combinations effectively in different situations and drive the opposing coaches bonkers.

Booth, Schroeder, & 2014 1st for Simmonds(preferably), or possibly Voracek? Due to the reffing we NEED a bigger, rugged & durable team, to go far. Hank, Santorelli, Richardson, Welsh, & sometimes Kesler will probably get us to the spring(at centre). Guys like Gaunce, Horvat & Shinkaruk may get cameos in PO's.

Archived