The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Missing puzzle piece is in the box.

5Fivehole0

Higgins is not a 2nd liner.

Sure he strings together decent regular seasons.

But in the playoffs... (you know, when you try to win the cup...)

Vancouver - 34gp: 4g/4a/8pts -4 16:27 AVG TOI

:sadno:

He's averaging a career high of 19:21 this season.. Point totals may be bumped a bit more, but doesn't change the fact that Higgins lacks offensive abilities to produce when teams ramp up their defense.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

XXXXX - Kesler - Santorelli

Higgins - XXXXX - Hansen

Booth - Richardson - Kassian

If Philadelphia becomes sellers, acquire Talbot for 3rd line C.

Pay the premium for Fleischmann from Florida...

How will they get cap space to do this? Not my job :frantic:

All I'm saying is, for a deep playoff run, you can't ignore a legit 2nd line LW and 3rd line C.

See, that is what I'm saying, we could actually put Santo in the top 6 and pick up a cheaper, easier to acquire, 3rd line C

Or we could use the currently injured center we have in a role he is more suited for:

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Kassian Schroeder Burrows

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Archibald Richardson Welsh

Booth would hopefully find a home on another team if Gillis can manage a miracle, otherwise:

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Kassian Schroeder Booth

Hansen Santorelli Burrows

Archibald Richardson Higgins

Welsh

Since booth and Kass actually looked decent with Schroeder.

Higgins is on his usual 40 point pace. That's second line material. Piss off, nuck nit. You may be entitled to your opinion but you shouldn't be allowed to spout it if you're not going to add anything whatsoever to the conversation.

I don't think its unfair to say Higgins is not a second line player. He is a great 3rd liner, and underutilized but highly effective 4th liner, and can "sub" as a second line player.

That being said, second liners are typically 2 way players yes, but also who have hands and puck skills that may not be elite but are they type that if in the right spot they can snipe consistently. Typically 55-60 pts minimum. That is not Higgins. Higgins is a grinder with decent hands, not an offensive player who can play both ways.

I agree with nucknits that Higgy is not a real 2nd liner and I think many would concur.

Booth, Schroeder, & 2014 1st for Simmonds(preferably), or possibly Voracek? Due to the reffing we NEED a bigger, rugged & durable team, to go far. Hank, Santorelli, Richardson, Welsh, & sometimes Kesler will probably get us to the spring(at centre). Guys like Gaunce, Horvat & Shinkaruk may get cameos in PO's.

you're on crack....a first alone is enough for Simmonds those picks are highly valued now in a cap world. You want to give the salary dump and 2 first rounders for Simmonds? wow

overrate much

Or we could use the currently injured center we have in a role he is more suited for:

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Kassian Schroeder Burrows

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Archibald Richardson Welsh

Booth would hopefully find a home on another team if Gillis can manage a miracle, otherwise:

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Kassian Schroeder Booth

Hansen Santorelli Burrows

Archibald Richardson Higgins

Welsh

Since booth and Kass actually looked decent with Schroeder.

Schroeder deserves a chance I agree... But I still see Hansen Santo and Burrows line out scoring Booth Schroeder and Kassian by quite a bit. I think you are over valuing Booth and Schroeder and under estimating Santo and Burrows at this point.

Yes I do know that line #'s are just numbers and have nothing to do with minutes but if you are putting in order of what their roles should be, Hansen Santo Burrows would be a 2nd line with shut down capabilities and Booth Schroeder Kassian is only as a good as Booth, and to be honest, that's not looking too good right now.

Folks, if you couldn't trade Ballard in the off-season, what makes (some of you) think you can move the Booth contract in-season with a $64 million salary cap in place? Who in God's name is looking for a $4.5 million player that can't stay healthy and who hasn't played a good stretch of games in three years? Nobody really believes this stuff, surely?

If kesler is now a first line winger, this means we need to build a whole new 2nd line for next year. Wonder if there is any chance horvat and Shinkaruk are ready for full time next year? Most likely not. But Schroeder is the most likely to center than line. If we buy out booth and use that cap on a free agent we could build a decent second line and have a deep 3rd and 4th.

Sedins kes

Kassian Schroeder free agent

Higgins santo burrows

Archibald Richardson Hansen

Maybe Jensen will be ready to step into a top 6 role and Canucks won't have to sign a big name free agent. Still need to see him play more once he's back from injury.

I don't understand why you guys don't consider burrows and santorelli as the main parts of our second line (when healthy). Then just find a third guy to plug in (it should have been booth, but that isn't happening). It could be Kassian or Higgins or even better, a new guy picked up mid season. Maybe if we're lucky booth goes on ltir and we can pick up a legit top 6er to fill in, leaving us a nice Richardson centred third line featuring Hansen and Higgins. And we still have room for Kassian someplace in the lineup. Now were talking depth.

Waiting for Burrows to start putting the puck in the net, and then the discussion will be, who gets send down to the 3rd line?!

Eh, even with Burrows in the line up, we need a fill for Hansen, Booth, and real 3rd C.

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Higgins Santorelli Burrows

_____ Richardson Kassian

Sestito Welsh Archibald

Schroeder deserves a chance I agree... But I still see Hansen Santo and Burrows line out scoring Booth Schroeder and Kassian by quite a bit. I think you are over valuing Booth and Schroeder and under estimating Santo and Burrows at this point.

Yes I do know that line #'s are just numbers and have nothing to do with minutes but if you are putting in order of what their roles should be, Hansen Santo Burrows would be a 2nd line with shut down capabilities and Booth Schroeder Kassian is only as a good as Booth, and to be honest, that's not looking too good right now.

I do like Hansen Santorelli and Burrows, that would give teams fits with their speed. The Kass,Schroeder and Booth line reminds me a bit of Ronning with Sandlak and Momesso. Replace Booth with Jensen and that could be a good third line that could present some matchup problems for other teams.

• 2 months later...

Archived