The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value of] Shea Weber

I think that the decision to match the offer sheet by Nashville was a complete business decision. It was a damn good one in my opinion. Nashville showed that they will not be pushed around by richer teams. Don't think that other teams and more importantly players around the league didn't take notice of this. Also, they set the value of Weber as something more than 4 1st round draft picks. Now that he is signed and you look at the team from a hockey stand point (opposed to a business one), in my opinion it makes a lot of sense to trade him and collect your gains. Weber is one of the players with the most impact in the NHL today. Is it even possible for his value to go higher? I think winning a cup is the only thing that could make it possible and Nashville does not have a realistic chance at doing that at this point. So collect the gain and build towards creating a more evenly distributed line up to be successful. Every game he plays there is a risk of serious injury that could reduce the gain that they can potentially receive.

I think that Winnipeg really needs to have a shake up. What about something like:

To WPG: Shea Weber, Matt Hendricks

To Nash: Zach Bogosian, Evander Kane, Josh Morrissey, Lukas Sutter, (2) 1st round picks

It's extremely hard to put a value on Weber. As with all proposals (but even more so with one including Weber) people will always have drastically different opinions on value

[EDIT]: After considering this one, I would definitely not accept if I was Nashville. A trade would need to include one big time impact player with a bunch of prospects. Evander Kane is not the impact player I would want if I was Nashville

One more try. St Louis needs someone to get to that next level.

To St Louis:

Shea Weber, Colin Wilson,

To Nashville:

T.J Oshie, Jayden Schwartz, Kevin Shattenkirk, Ty Rattie, Samuel Kurker, (2) 1st Round Picks

St. Louis is already stacked on defense if they got Weber their defense would be unstoppable

Weber Pietrangelo

Boumeester Shattenkirk

Jackman Polak

Taking into account his massive contract.

2 1sts a 2nd 3rd top prospect top 6 forward and a B grade defensive prospect

So,

2014 First

2015 First

2014 Second

2014 Third

Bo Horvat

Ryan Kesler

Frank Corrado

I don't disagree that this would be what it takes to get Weber, but as someone said, the Preds could probably get more high end potential elsewhere. Kesler would be the only top 6 forward that has value but I don't see him as the centre piece of a teams rebuild. Not to mention this would cripple the Canuck's now (can't afford to lose another top 6 forward...they only have 4 of them), and in the future all to bolster a defence that isn't the Canucks main problem. So, yeah, not going to expect Weber in a Canuck uniform any time soon.

So,

2014 First

2015 First

2014 Second

2014 Third

Bo Horvat

Ryan Kesler

Frank Corrado

I don't disagree that this would be what it takes to get Weber, but as someone said, the Preds could probably get more high end potential elsewhere. Kesler would be the only top 6 forward that has value but I don't see him as the centre piece of a teams rebuild. Not to mention this would cripple the Canuck's now (can't afford to lose another top 6 forward...they only have 4 of them), and in the future all to bolster a defence that isn't the Canucks main problem. So, yeah, not going to expect Weber in a Canuck uniform any time soon.

That's a wee bit too much.

I'd start with Booth (throw in), Guance (don't want to trade him but you need to give to get), Jensen, 2014 1st and Edler.

That probably wouldn't be enough, but it would be a start.

Archived