The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why the world hates the US of A

TheRussianRocket.

Just got back from America, and they are amazingly wonderful people down there. I think there needs to be a distinction made between the American people and that of their Government.

Yes they have their share of crazies, with a population of 300 million + there are bound to be a few. But generalizations about them here in Canada is mostly out of ignorance.

I typically find Americans (more true in the Southern States) to be friendlier than most places I have been in Canada.

I have toured the southern states quite frequently and if you have ever heard of Southern Hospitality believe me when I say that it exists down there big time.

I have nothing but respect for the Average American, their Government's foreign policy? not so much.

My sentiments exactly. The people are not to blame for the corruption of their gov. They all want the same things we want, peace , freedom and some bloody health care lol. Really we are to blame for not standing up to out corrupt gov by voting in the right party or by demanding accountability through some form of massive peaceful protest.

Because the world is jealous. plain and simple. everywhere else sucks especially where English isn't the 1st language.

Proud & mighty before the fall? Good God man, I'm praying you're heavy into sarcasm. Shallow & egotistical may have worked in the '80s, but the world has tired of the puffed out chest & loud, obnoxious assertiveness. American credibility will be located like Iraqi WMD's..any day now, I'm sure. So now they resort to spying on the whole developed world?!..They 're #1 in terms of outright GALL.

I find it odd how some key in on the drone strikes. Like any other presidents have had access to 21st century weapons? It does take some time to design, approve, manufacture and then implement these things. Where does your computer rate compared to what was available 5 years ago? Did it's capabilities even exist and if so they were cutting edge weren't they?

I find it odd how some key in on the drone strikes. Like any other presidents have had access to 21st century weapons? It does take some time to design, approve, manufacture and then implement these things.

Good comparison from the past Operation Rolling thunder and that was way worse ditto the Bombing of Germany and Japan during ww2

Proud & mighty before the fall? Good God man, I'm praying you're heavy into sarcasm. Shallow & egotistical may have worked in the '80s, but the world has tired of the puffed out chest & loud, obnoxious assertiveness. American credibility will be located like Iraqi WMD's..any day now, I'm sure. So now they resort to spying on the whole developed world?!..They 're #1 in terms of outright GALL.

Not sarcasm.

amazing how the USA government think they can rule the world...

yeah. the "world police", the "freedom fighters", the "peace keepers"...

for them USA rule the world, rule the Europe, everything and every country...

but when Russia moves his military...

amazing how USA government become so quiet and "less agressive" when Russians move their staff. a TU-95M flying near Alaska or Guam can make Republicans and Democrats unite themselves against the "Red Bear"...

funny isn´t it? act like a "big guy" is pretty easy when the other side is weak, but when you face a superpower with the same capacity as you them you don´t do that eh?

Because the world is jealous. plain and simple. everywhere else sucks especially where English isn't the 1st language.

So Germany, Sweden, France, Japan etc. all suck? You must be the most ignorant poster on CDC. If America is so great, why do they keep borrowing money from China? To keep the world jealous :lol:

Archived