The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time to put Kassian with the Sedins?

Bananas

Yes, this, plus not closing your eyes and just shooting everytime you get the puck. Kessler is not a good fit for the Sedins. They like to play the puck posesssion game whereas Kesler just like shoot everytime he gets the puck on his stick.He's really a hard guy to play with.

Your description is exactly why they need someone like Kesler. The twins like playing the possession game at the expense of shots. Put another player on their line like them and all you have is keep-away. If was Torts, I'd put a stop watch on them and tell then they have 8 seconds from touching the puck to generating a shot on net (when in the O zone). At the start of the season, Torts preached "shots" and how that generates secondary chances. IT worked for awhile but lately, the Sedins are back into their old cycle til you cough it up routine. Not coincidence their production has dropped at the same time.

What happended to splitting up the Sedins when they were struggling a bit (more than for just the shift or two)??

What happended to splitting up the Sedins when they were struggling a bit (more than for just the shift or two)??

Well, that's always an option, too, but I'm pretty happy with the Higgins-Santorelli pair, so I wouldn't want to see that get split up in order to split the Sedins.

I'd rather see Kesler put on Santorelli's other wing.

I'm well aware Hansen is injured. Even not playing he is better than Kassian. What offensive prowess is Kassian showing that welsh and Archibald aren't? The amazing ability to stand and get hit by pucks?

And no, I don't care what you "feel" about Richardson and Santorelli.

Your entire post is filled with bs and conjecture to basically point to Kassian being the only viable option, which he is not.

The fact that you want yet again to put that half assed lazy kid on the first line is the only incredibly stupid thing I see in here. That and starting a post with LOL. Bloody juvenile World of Warcraft type post.

You're just a Kassian-hating troll. You have every right to feel that he's not ready to play with the Sedins, but to say garbage like an injured Hansen that's not on the ice is better than Kassian is a complete joke.

I'm well aware Hansen is injured. Even not playing he is better than Kassian. What offensive prowess is Kassian showing that welsh and Archibald aren't? The amazing ability to stand and get hit by pucks?

And no, I don't care what you "feel" about Richardson and Santorelli.

Your entire post is filled with bs and conjecture to basically point to Kassian being the only viable option, which he is not.

The fact that you want yet again to put that half assed lazy kid on the first line is the only incredibly stupid thing I see in here. That and starting a post with LOL. Bloody juvenile World of Warcraft type post.

Sorry Bananas, but that made me lol. He's right though, Kassian hasn't earned 1st line duties lately. I wouldn't say he's bad, but he certainly hasn't consistently put up pts or played well for several games in a row yet either. I'd imaigne that's a bare minimum to get 1st line duties under Torts. I could be wrong though, he might shake it up for the sake of it. But has he earned it? I don't think so.

IMO Kassian is more effective on the 3rd line being a physical 2 way forward. 10-15 mins a game playing effectively is what the team needs. And you'll notice Kassian plays alot of short shifts. I have a feeling playing top minutes would expose him defensively which is why the Sedis/Kesler log so minutes because they are dependable in both ends of the rink.

No. If you had eyes and a brain you would see that Kassian had neither the IQ or the tenacity to be effective with the Sedin's. His work ethic on ice is pathetic. He only moves his legs when he feels he can cash in on an odd man rush. Down low he uses his body to protect the puck effectively but slows the game down to a standstill. The whole game of the Sedin's is quick efficient cycling in order to spread the defense. Not a good match unless Kassian makes some drastic changes to the way he approaches the game.

What kind of crack are you smoking? Burrows on the third line while coasting Kassian is on the first line? Let me put it this way, here is a list of players who have earned a spot on the first line ahead of Kassian:

Kesler, Higgins, Hansen, burrows, Santorelli, Richardson, Sestito, Archibald, welsh.

Once they all get a shot and if they fail THEN Kassian could possibly get a turn. Then again Kesler looks good with the Sedins and Burr has always been good with them, so there is no need to force feed the twins a winger who works every fourth or fifth game.

What kind of crack are you smoking? Burrows on the third line while coasting Kassian is on the first line? Let me put it this way, here is a list of players who have earned a spot on the first line ahead of Kassian:

Kesler, Higgins, Hansen, burrows, Santorelli, Richardson, Sestito, Archibald, welsh.

Once they all get a shot and if they fail THEN Kassian could possibly get a turn. Then again Kesler looks good with the Sedins and Burr has always been good with them, so there is no need to force feed the twins a winger who works every fourth or fifth game.

Sestito? Loooooolz

IMO Kassian is more effective on the 3rd line being a physical 2 way forward. 10-15 mins a game playing effectively is what the team needs. And you'll notice Kassian plays alot of short shifts. I have a feeling playing top minutes would expose him defensively which is why the Sedis/Kesler log so minutes because they are dependable in both ends of the rink.

That would explain Hank's -3 last night! Obviously his defensive game is dependable.

Sedins tend to get going when they get a new linemate and have to adjust their game to suit him. Burr's looked good; he's just getting unlucky. Santorelli has had success playing with Richardson; maybe somehting like this might work:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

Archibald-Santorelli-Richardson

Tostitos-Dalpe-Welsh

Frekin hell Kesler is not a center

Frekin hell Kesler is not a center

Ummm I beg to differ. 1st line center team USA. Only played wing with Sundin and a 20 game stretch this year. Kesler plays wing right now because Santorelli is playing out of his mind and we don't have anyone who can back down a defenseman and score. He'll be back down the middle soon...mark my words.

Archived