The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Brad Boyes to Vancouver

Anyone interested in seeing Brad Boyes (FLA) to Vancouver? (Assuming most others from FLA like Kulikov, Goc, and Bugjstad are all off limits). Kulikov would be another option, but he's defence, more expensive and an RFA.

His $1 million contract is appealing and easy to deal with. Could be a minor deal to add depth to our centres and some scoring abilities. UFA next season.

Canucks maybe give up a draft pick (3rd or 2nd rounder).

This guy put up a 72 pt season with St. Louis in 08/09

On a line with Hansen, and Santo or Hansen and Higgins.

Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

*BUMP*

Brad Boyes, Brad Boyes, whatchu gonna do? Whatchu gonna do when they come for you?

I think he could be a solution to two of this team's issues: PP production and shootout effectiveness. Brad's been good in the shootout, and he's shown that he can snipe. In the first clip, Brad plays with two play-making talents in Barkov and Flash, and he provides finishing ability for his European line-mates as they work it around. The Twins could use someone like that when they're a man up, since he knows how to get open, and they can't possibly rely on Garrison to be their only weapon with the extra man.

Danny - Hank - (Screen)

Boyes - Garrison

He also knows what he's doing in the shootout, and that's an area where we're definitely weak.

We can use him for more scoring depth anywhere in the lineup, or have him play in an emergency Top 6 role if needed, since he's had that role before.

The best thing is, he's versatile and his contract's inexpensive! Since he's a UFA on a Panthers team (YES, ANOTHER Panthers player) that'll probably sell again I think we should deal for him, and I'd think something like one of Dalpe/ Welsh + pick should get him.

Archived