The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yanni Gourde

47 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Travis Green cut Gourde from the Comets first ever training camp.  Big mistake.  Yanni Gourde and Curtis Valk always reminded me of each other and we let both of them slip away.  

Agreed - Curtis Valk is the top offensive player for the Panther's farm team this year. He only got called up for one game.

Would have loved to see Valk get a contract and a call-up instead signing Drew Shore or giving Megna almost a full season. 

6 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Agreed - Curtis Valk is the top offensive player for the Panther's farm team this year. He only got called up for one game.

Would have loved to see Valk get a contract and a call-up instead signing Drew Shore or giving Megna almost a full season. 

Agreed. It would be nice if we promoted within a bit more instead of signing so many fillers. Honestly, it would create a better atmosphere and give more opportunity to guys trying to prove something.... Instead of signing players that float from team to team. 

21 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

It’s kinda interesting how our scouts seem to identify these undersized, skilled forwards from the undrafted free agent pool but they seem to have such a hard time catching on and advancing in our organization.

You might end up adding Aaron Luchuk to that list. He passed through our development camp this summer and is now tearing up the OHL and just signed an ELC with the Sens.

• 1 month later...
On 2018-01-03 at 6:31 PM, apollo said:

Damn... I'd say real good feel story but he was in our system, now he's not and he's doing well.

So I guess it's a real good feel story for him... but not for us on CDC.

Scores his 18th against the Canucks - 36 points in 52 games. I guess we found Burrows, but too bad Roussel and Gourde weren’t signed 

On 2018-02-05 at 4:36 PM, rekker said:

Happy for him. But need to be cautious of players doing well on great teams. Overrated. Like players on certain great lines. Remember Trent Klatt, Anson Carter with the twins?

Trent Klatt actually had his best offensive seasons before and after Vancouver (including a 24 goal season with Philly). 

Carter had one bad season before joining the Canucks and had back to back 60 point seasons prior to that one bad year where he bounced around to three teams.

But to your point. Naslund was nearly ready to bolt back to Sweden, I am sure Baertschi would have ended up back in Europe as well. Even if we signed Gourde he may not have found the opportunity to thrive - our team sucks offensively. Given his small stature and lack of pedigree he might not have lasted because it is tough to put up points on the Canucks.

8 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Trent Klatt actually had his best offensive seasons before and after Vancouver (including a 24 goal season with Philly). 

Carter had one bad season before joining the Canucks and had back to back 60 point seasons prior to that one bad year where he bounced around to three teams.

But to your point. Naslund was nearly ready to bolt back to Sweden, I am sure Baertschi would have ended up back in Europe as well. Even if we signed Gourde he may not have found the opportunity to thrive - our team sucks offensively. Given his small stature and lack of pedigree he might not have lasted because it is tough to put up points on the Canucks.

Carter's year with the twins was one of his best and he owed it to the twins. He sucked the years prior and after the twins. Your more accurate about Klatt though than me.

I looked up his stats. Weird. One of his best years was his last year with LA. Full 82 games and healthy to boot. Weird time to retire. Any reason why he hung them up then?

19 minutes ago, rekker said:

Carter's year with the twins was one of his best and he owed it to the twins. He sucked the years prior and after the twins. Your more accurate about Klatt though than me.

I looked up his stats. Weird. One of his best years was his last year with LA. Full 82 games and healthy to boot. Weird time to retire. Any reason why he hung them up then?

He got fat from the lockout Hahahaha 

Archived