The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yanni Gourde

• 1 year later...

He was invited to the Comets camp, cut, then playing for Kalamazoo. I guess he was never technically a prospect, although he was a free agent while in our system (loaned to Worcester).

Just thought I would necro this thread as Yanni Gourde was called up to Tampa, where he played 2 games and registered an assist. 

YANNI GOURDE  Canada 40.png  

Open print friendly window (pop-up) views: 55174

BIRTHYEAR 1991-12-15 BIRTHPLACE St-Narcisse, QC, CAN
AGE 24 NATION Canada
POSITION C/LW SHOOTS L
HEIGHT 173 cm / 5'8" WEIGHT 68 kg / 150 lbs
CONTRACT 15/16
SOCIAL twitter 
phiq.png

- See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37303#sthash.GMgGVAHe.dpuf

CAREER STATISTICS Use/Embed statistics RSS feed

SEASON TEAM LEAGUE GP G A TP PIM +/-      POST GP G A TP PIM +/- 
 2007-08 stats_arrow.gif Lévis Commandeurs stats_arrow.gif QMAAA 2 0 0 0 0   |              
 2008-09 stats_arrow.gif Jonquière Élites stats_arrow.gif QMAAA 41 23 30 53 50   | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 4 1 5 6 6  
  stats_arrow.gif Victoriaville Tigres stats_arrow.gif QMJHL 4 0 1 1 0 -2 |              
 2009-10 stats_arrow.gif Victoriaville Tigres stats_arrow.gif QMJHL 59 11 17 28 36 19 | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 16 2 3 5 20  
 2010-11 stats_arrow.gif Victoriaville Tigres stats_arrow.gif QMJHL 68 26 42 68 48 28 | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 9 4 6 10 12  
 2011-12 stats_arrow.gif Victoriaville Tigres stats_arrow.gif QMJHL 68 37 87 124 70 29 | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 4 1 2 3 6 -2 
  stats_arrow.gif Worcester Sharks stats_arrow.gif AHL 4 1 2 3 0 -1 |              
 2012-13 stats_arrow.gif Worcester Sharks stats_arrow.gif AHL 54 8 6 14 41 -11 |              
  stats_arrow.gif San Francisco Bulls stats_arrow.gif ECHL 8 4 6 10 9 1 |              
 2013-14 stats_arrow.gif Kalamazoo Wings stats_arrow.gif ECHL 30 15 19 34 19 9 |              
  stats_arrow.gif Worcester Sharks loan.png stats_arrow.gif AHL 25 4 20 24 26 2 |              
  stats_arrow.gif Syracuse Crunch stats_arrow.gif AHL 18 2 6 8 16 -4 |              
 2014-15 stats_arrow.gif Syracuse Crunch stats_arrow.gif AHL 76 29 28 57 61 13 | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 3 1 1 2 10
 2015-16 stats_arrow.gif Tampa Bay Lightning stats_arrow.gif NHL 2 0 1 1 2 1 |              
  stats_arrow.gif Syracuse Crunch stats_arrow.gif AHL 27 5 8 13 19 2 |              

2015-16 AHL/ECHL/USHL stats powered by HockeyTech - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37303#sthash.GMgGVAHe.dpuf

He reminds me of Curtis Valk. I just hope that the Canucks actually sign Valk to an entry level deal next summer. Gourde did his first taste of NHL action this season. I always felt like the Canucks should've signed Gourde.... same with Dallas Stars's Antoine Roussel. Two diamond in the roughs that the Canucks had in their systems but passed on.

Good on Gourde for getting an NHL deal with the Lightning, though.

3 minutes ago, Quantum said:

He reminds me of Curtis Valk. I just hope that the Canucks actually sign Valk to an entry level deal next summer. Gourde did his first taste of NHL action this season. I always felt like the Canucks should've signed Gourde.... same with Dallas Stars's Antoine Roussel. Two diamond in the roughs that the Canucks had in their systems but passed on.

Good on Gourde for getting an NHL deal with the Lightning, though.

wonder if that was before Benning was here? 

Might have been different, if Benning were here. Maybe Roussel and Gourde might have been Canucks? 

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Might have been different, if Benning were here. Maybe Roussel and Gourde might have been Canucks? 

Hopefully now that Vancouver owns a AHL team that instances such as losing a Roussel will never happen again.

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

roussel slipping through the cracks bothers me to this day.  i can't stand him, i bet he'd be my favorite player if we signed him :P

34 minutes ago, wshdrvvn said:

roussel slipping through the cracks bothers me to this day.  i can't stand him, i bet he'd be my favorite player if we signed him :P

Would easily replace Burrows.

Just now, wshdrvvn said:

maybe '06 burrows

Or probably now. As much as I like Burrows, age is biting him the arse and he's regressed obviously so. Roussel would bring more physicality, and produce decent third line numbers. Burrows right now  isn't really doing good. He started the year off on the right foot but trailed off as the team started to trickle downwards. He's looking better these past few games, but the Burrows we saw in 2009/2010/2011/2012 is now long gone. 

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Or probably now. As much as I like Burrows, age is biting him the arse and he's regressed obviously so. Roussel would bring more physicality, and produce decent third line numbers. Burrows right now  isn't really doing good. He started the year off on the right foot but trailed off as the team started to trickle downwards. He's looking better these past few games, but the Burrows we saw in 2009/2010/2011/2012 is now long gone. 

Don't quote me to turn this into a Burrows complaint discussion.  I tried to turn it by making a style comparison to the pre-Sedin line Burrows.  Which is a fantastic comparison if I say so myself.

Just now, wshdrvvn said:

Don't quote me to turn this into a Burrows complaint discussion.  I tried to turn it by making a style comparison to the pre-Sedin line Burrows.  Which is a fantastic comparison if I say so myself.

Well this thread might get locked anyway. 

I'm not complaining about anything. 

Complaining and constructive criticism are two different things.

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Well this thread might get locked anyway. 

I'm not complaining about anything. 

Complaining and constructive criticism are two different things.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the constructive criticism part.

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

I have to, unfortunately, agree with you. 

Burr has been such a warrior for this franchise. Sad to see him not do as well as he has been the last few years. 

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Hopefully now that Vancouver owns a AHL team that instances such as losing a Roussel will never happen again.

Hopefully not. But there are always going to be "slips"

Won't be the last time players like Roussell and Gourde slip away from a particular franchise. 

20 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Hopefully not. But there are always going to be "slips"

Won't be the last time players like Roussell and Gourde slip away from a particular franchise. 

I don't see what all the fuss is about with either of them. I would rather have Friesen any day. Having said that I liked what I saw of Valk and hope it's not too late for him.

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I don't see what all the fuss is about with either of them. I would rather have Friesen any day. Having said that I liked what I saw of Valk and hope it's not too late for him.

Well. Friesen hasn't contributed on the NHL level yet. Gourde and Roussel currently are, and is. 

I'm intrigued with Friesen, I'll have to admit. He'll be a good bottom six player.

Archived