The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [Cosi Grossi Testicoli] Game Over - Please Sign Up!

Aladeen

2) Doppelgänger - Aligned With Townspeople:

Doppelganger - Role proposed by Dral

• Has a one time use of each of the powers of the regular TP special (1 Doctor Save, 1 Vig Kill, 1 Sheriff Investigation)
  • May use their abilities at any time they see fit but ONLY gets one of each special power.

Just for confirmation, does this mean the Doppelganger can use more than one power in a single round?

Just for confirmation, does this mean the Doppelganger can use more than one power in a single round?

I think they shouldn't be able to, no. At least that's what I thought.

I was actually working under the presumption that they are able to use any or all abilities in any given round.

I kinda think the Lackey should be enough to offset the Doppelganger as the Doppelgangers abilities are 1 time only while the Lackey can use their ability every round.

KP + Lackey vs Sheriff, Doc, Vig, Doppel ?

edit:

1st turn investigation for KP and Doppel can only use 1 ability per round.

Mafia doc seems a bit OP imo.

What if we did Doppelganger vs. Lackey+Mafia Nurse (save every two rounds)?

Hmmmm, makes sense, I think I do like that better. Gonna head home and think about it on the way. I will make my decision in a little bit.

That still seems a bit OP for the mafia. I think that would be more fair if the Doppelganger could use their ability more then once for each for each special, but right now only having 1 kill, 1 save and 1 investigation vs having 1 block every round seems more fair

edit: 1 invs, 1 vk, 1 save vs 1 block every round and 1 save every 2 rounds seems OP

Lots of discussion still as to where we want this to go. I'd say if we don't have any concrete decision on the matter, we should go with "Watcher Vs. Lackey" as our alternative.

agreed.

Hmmmm, makes sense, I think I do like that better. Gonna head home and think about it on the way. I will make my decision in a little bit.

Don't know if this has been addressed but would you be able to stockpile saves?

Ie. Don't use Mafia Nurse Save first 4 rounds (2nd round, 4th round -> eligible to use save but don't) so would it be stockpiled?

I kinda think the Lackey should be enough to offset the Doppelganger as the Doppelgangers abilities are 1 time only while the Lackey can use their ability every round.

KP + Lackey vs Sheriff, Doc, Vig, Doppel ?

edit:

1st turn investigation for KP and Doppel can only use 1 ability per round.

The downside to the lackey is that they don't start off in contact with the mafia and have to block their own teammates to get in contact with them most of the time.

So if the Mafia doc was to save someone would it be revealed that it was the Mafia doc vs TP doc.

Right now if PPCLI is targeted by the Vig but is saved by the TP doc it would say that PPCLI was saved by the Doctor.

So if PPCLI was targeted by the SK but saved by the Mafia doc would it say that PPCLI was saved by the Doctor or the Mafia Doctor?

Ok then, since Aladeen is coming home, and roles will be handed out in the coming hours. Lets get a clear idea of what we want.

1) Doppleganger (Has the power of Sheriff, Vigilante, and Doctor. However, it can only use each role ONCE, and cannot use more than one role in a round) VS. Kingpin (Investigation is now in the 1ST Round) and Mafia Doctor (Same rules as normal Doctor)

2) Doppleganger (Has the power of Sheriff, Vigilante, and Doctor. However, it can only use each role ONCE, and cannot use more than one role in a round) VS. Lackey (In contact with Mafia right away) and Mafia Nurse (Can only save every two rounds)

3) Doppleganger (Has the power of Sheriff, Vigilante, and Doctor. However, it can only use each role ONCE, and cannot use more than one role in a round) VS. Lackey (NOT In contact with Mafia right away) and Mafia Doctor (Same rules as normal Doctor)

4) Doppleganger (Has the power of Sheriff, Vigilante, and Doctor. However, it can only use each role ONCE, and cannot use more than one role in a round) VS. Kingpin (Investigation is now in the 1ST Round) and Mafia Nurse (Saves every two rounds)

EDIT: Just feeling that Doppleganger will be TOO OP if it can use all 3 Roles in 1 RD.

So if the Mafia doc was to save someone would it be revealed that it was the Mafia doc vs TP doc.

Right now if PPCLI is targeted by the Vig but is saved by the TP doc it would say that PPCLI was saved by the Doctor.

So if PPCLI was targeted by the SK but saved by the Mafia doc would it say that PPCLI was saved by the Doctor or the Mafia Doctor?

I'd say, for the fun of the game and making things A LOT more interesting, it doesn't reveal which Doctor saved who.

Ok then, since Aladeen is coming home, and roles will be handed out in the coming hours. Lets get a clear idea of what we want.

1) Doppleganger (Has the power of Sheriff, Vigilante, and Doctor. However, it can only use each role ONCE, and cannot use more than one role in a round) VS. Kingpin (Investigation is now in the 1ST Round) and Mafia Doctor (Same rules as normal Doctor)

2) Doppleganger (Has the power of Sheriff, Vigilante, and Doctor. However, it can only use each role ONCE, and cannot use more than one role in a round) VS. Lackey (In contact with Mafia right away) and Mafia Nurse (Can only save every two rounds)

3) Doppleganger (Has the power of Sheriff, Vigilante, and Doctor. However, it can only use each role ONCE, and cannot use more than one role in a round) VS. Lackey (NOT In contact with Mafia right away) and Mafia Doctor (Same rules as normal Doctor)

4) Doppleganger (Has the power of Sheriff, Vigilante, and Doctor. However, it can only use each role ONCE, and cannot use more than one role in a round) VS. Kingpin (Investigation is now in the 1ST Round) and Mafia Nurse (Saves every two rounds)

EDIT: Just feeling that Doppleganger will be TOO OP if it can use all 3 Roles in 1 RD.

5) Doppelganger vs Lackey in contact with the Mafia

I like option 3 it balances out the best

Archived