The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Major Hollywood Producer Admits ot Being Israeli Spy

Warhippy

Stories about Hollywood producer Arnon Milchan's alleged double life have been circulating for years.

Now, the Israeli businessman behind hits like Pretty Woman, Fight Club and L.A. Confidential has finally come forth with a stunning admission — for years, he served as an Israeli spy, buying arms on its behalf and boosting its alleged nuclear program.

In a far-reaching interview aired Monday with Israel's Channel 2 TV's flagship investigative program Uvda, Milchan detailed a series of clandestine affairs in which he was involved and particularly how he helped purchase technologies Israel allegedly needed to operate nuclear bombs.

"I did it for my country, and I'm proud of it," said Milchan, who ran a successful fertilizer company in Israel before making it big in Hollywood.

Even there, he says he continued with his clandestine work while maintaining close ties with Israel's leadership.

Worked for secret defence program

According to an unauthorized biography published two years ago, Milchan worked for Israel's now-defunct Bureau of Scientific Relations, known as Lekem, which worked to obtain information for secret defence programs. The bureau was disbanded in 1987 after it was implicated in the spying affair for which Jonathan Pollard, a civilian intelligence analyst for the U.S. Navy, was sentenced to life in prison.

Milchan also says other big Hollywood names were connected to his covert affairs.

"When I came to Hollywood, I detached myself completely from my physical activities to dedicate myself to what I really wanted — filmmaking," he said. "[but] sometimes, it gets mixed up."

The 68-year-old Milchan founded the New Regency film company and has produced more than 120 movies since the 1970s, working closely with directors such as Martin Scorsese, Roman Polanski, Sergio Leone and Oliver Stone. He forged an especially close relationship with Robert De Niro, who along with actors Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck, is featured in Uvda's broadcast.

"I had heard, but I wasn't sure," De Niro said of Milchan's activities. "I did ask him once, and he told me that he was an Israeli and, of course, he would do these things for his country."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/arnon-milchan-pretty-woman-fight-club-producer-was-israeli-spy-1.2440936

----------------------------------

This actually floored me especially after the Mel Gibson finger pointing. cannot believe that wacko was right.

Stories about Hollywood producer Arnon Milchan's alleged double life have been circulating for years.

Now, the Israeli businessman behind hits like Pretty Woman, Fight Club and L.A. Confidential has finally come forth with a stunning admission — for years, he served as an Israeli spy, buying arms on its behalf and boosting its alleged nuclear program.

In a far-reaching interview aired Monday with Israel's Channel 2 TV's flagship investigative program Uvda, Milchan detailed a series of clandestine affairs in which he was involved and particularly how he helped purchase technologies Israel allegedly needed to operate nuclear bombs.

"I did it for my country, and I'm proud of it," said Milchan, who ran a successful fertilizer company in Israel before making it big in Hollywood.

Even there, he says he continued with his clandestine work while maintaining close ties with Israel's leadership.

Worked for secret defence program

According to an unauthorized biography published two years ago, Milchan worked for Israel's now-defunct Bureau of Scientific Relations, known as Lekem, which worked to obtain information for secret defence programs. The bureau was disbanded in 1987 after it was implicated in the spying affair for which Jonathan Pollard, a civilian intelligence analyst for the U.S. Navy, was sentenced to life in prison.

Milchan also says other big Hollywood names were connected to his covert affairs.

"When I came to Hollywood, I detached myself completely from my physical activities to dedicate myself to what I really wanted — filmmaking," he said. "[but] sometimes, it gets mixed up."

The 68-year-old Milchan founded the New Regency film company and has produced more than 120 movies since the 1970s, working closely with directors such as Martin Scorsese, Roman Polanski, Sergio Leone and Oliver Stone. He forged an especially close relationship with Robert De Niro, who along with actors Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck, is featured in Uvda's broadcast.

"I had heard, but I wasn't sure," De Niro said of Milchan's activities. "I did ask him once, and he told me that he was an Israeli and, of course, he would do these things for his country."

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...i-spy-1.2440936

----------------------------------

This actually floored me especially after the Mel Gibson finger pointing. cannot believe that wacko was right.

Mel gibson said this guy was a spy?

America and Isreal will be forever linked. The 'enslaved and executed' European Jews were ignored by the American Jews (ie. America) for the WW2 years because they knew the repercussions would lead to the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine. (On that note, it's VERY important that the holocaust is forever proven to be real. Without a holocaust, there would be no Jewish nation state.)

Not sure if Mel Gibson was right in saying that all wars are because of Jews, as there's always some reason to go to war, but Hollywood's involvement with Isreali nationalism is undeniable.

Now that these old dogs are nearing the end, I expect more and more 'heroes' to come out of the woodwork. Likely, they're disappointed that the final goal will not be reached in their lifetime tough.

Is he a wacko or did he actually know something? I don't agree with much of what he said but years later some of it is coming to light as truth. Kinda scary when you think about it

Jews have always played a hand in the film industry, because the film industry grew around the same time the waves and waves of immigrants came. The industry was looked at as a way of assimilation, because the art form was largely attended by those who had no other connection to American culture. It was a medium for and by outsiders--primarily those who were struggling to assimilate or felt alienated by the 'old world' (i.e. their parents) and the pressures of the new world (New York etc.)

No denying Mel Gibson has/had some talent, but there's also no denying he is a drunken idiot. His rants and abuse against minorities and women should have sealed his fate long ago

Jews have always played a hand in the film industry, because the film industry grew around the same time the waves and waves of immigrants came. The industry was looked at as a way of assimilation, because the art form was largely attended by those who had no other connection to American culture. It was a medium for and by outsiders--primarily those who were struggling to assimilate or felt alienated by the 'old world' (i.e. their parents) and the pressures of the new world (New York etc.)

No denying Mel Gibson has/had some talent, but there's also no denying he is a drunken idiot. His rants and abuse against minorities and women should have sealed his fate long ago

This is not a Mel thread though, but Mel did indeed say somethign about him that has turned out to be true.

This is about a guy who just admitted to helping procure and or steal nuclear technologies and supplies for Israel. A country who continues to not admit it has such a program, that continues to defy the UN when they ask to inspect Dimona.

Cannot believe this. Snowden gets prison time and he will probably get an Oscar.

America and Isreal will be forever linked. The 'enslaved and executed' European Jews were ignored by the American Jews (ie. America) for the WW2 years because they knew the repercussions would lead to the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine. (On that note, it's VERY important that the holocaust is forever proven to be real. Without a holocaust, there would be no Jewish nation state.)

Not sure if Mel Gibson was right in saying that all wars are because of Jews, as there's always some reason to go to war, but Hollywood's involvement with Isreali nationalism is undeniable.

Now that these old dogs are nearing the end, I expect more and more 'heroes' to come out of the woodwork. Likely, they're disappointed that the final goal will not be reached in their lifetime tough.

Not sure about the part of your post in brackets. What do you mean "proven to be real"? Please tell me your not trying to say their is any doubt about the holocaust being real?

What did Mel say that turned out to be true?

Mel called out Arnon in one of his rants and said something along the lines of you can't trust the j**s he's a perfect example because he is hiding X and Y and has done this and that. One of his many rants

Not sure about the part of your post in brackets. What do you mean "proven to be real"? Please tell me your not trying to say their is any doubt about the holocaust being real?

No. Not me. Not ever.

But let's say it wasn't. Or let's say it wasn't as bad as advertised. Wouldn't it be very important to these people to revise history so their own nation exists?

A few things here....

Firstly Arnon Millchan is an Israeli citizen. He has never been anything but an Israeli citizen.

Mel called out Arnon in one of his rants and said something along the lines of you can't trust the j**s he's a perfect example because he is hiding X and Y and has done this and that. One of his many rants

Arnon Milchan was not an American Jew. He was an Israeli. He only held Israeli citizenship. He did not hold American citzenship.

So its a case of an Israeli citizen spying for their own country. He also admitted to spying through the 1960s and 1970s. Milchan did not produce anything until 1977. He didn't produce anything major until 1982:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0586969/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

So it's not a case of a hollywood producer turning spy. It's a case of a spy turning hollywood producer.

Archived