The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 5)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking a lot about having a separate entry draft to the main fantasy draft.

Is it really fair for one team to get 2 of the top 31 players AND Connor McDavid.

I feel 2015 draftees should be included in the main fantasy draft.

I've been thinking a lot about having a separate entry draft to the main fantasy draft.

Is it really fair for one team to get 2 of the top 31 players AND Connor McDavid.

agreed

I disagree.

I feel like the only reason people want the draft to include prospects is for a shot at McDavid, which is silly(By all means, correct me if I'm wrong if you aren't just after McDavid/Eichel)

I think we should have the McEichel draft at this end of our first season.

Keeping our season a year behind the draft would drastically improve the accuracy of player ratings for future players,one of the bigger issues this league has faced in the past is getting too far ahead of the real world IMO. This stops that. It also makes draft picks more valuable as we would have a better idea of what we are actually going to be able to draft, and it would probably make for some damn interesting draft decisions down the line when compared to real life.

It has to be 2 drafts to be fair. They are not NHL property yet.

So many of these players will just end up having potentially their last draft year pissed away and sit in UFA Obscurity until a or two year down the line when some of them "Finish" growing into NHLers and gain some actual value within the league. This will inevitably cause some headaches for *VC*/SOB/Whomever is doing signings at the time and I forsee a few "This guy is a prospect of this team in real life so why didn't he sign with me?" moments, among other things.

There is already enough young talent in the league, if you really have that much of a hard-on for an Unproven McDavid, then build a weaker/younger team, or a rebuilding team with the first draft and miss the playoffs for the first season.

I think NOT including them this year would help to encourage different drafting strategies, because I can tell you, after hours of EHM fantasy drafts, There are no truly "bad" teams, teams at different stages of development around the league is all you get,even in real life, the worst teams on paper ARI, EDM, BUF all have some AWESOME pieces to work with, or could have from within their own systems too.(Financial SNAFU's from the AI Aside)

On top of all of that, It would probably make our drafts a HELL of a lot more interesting each season and actually get people enthused/interested in them instead of just brushing them off, it would also help improve the value of the draft, and draft picks.

I do like the idea of putting them in the next entry draft, I would just wonder how starting behind would affect VC's idea of matching the NHL schedule. Aside from that, keeping them out of the main draft is a good idea to be able to maintain fairness and reduce confusion like you said

There is always a GM who will get 2 of the 31 top players in the league (that is just the way a snake draft works as you know) but I am not sure why that particular team would also get McDavid. If for some reason the team that picks 30th and 31st also ends up with 1st overall in the prospects draft I will be quite surprised.

I also don't mind running the 15 draft after the 1st season as it would help with ratings but in doing this GM's won't really have to do any sort of research as they probably won't stray away from the real life picks (this only is an issue if we adjust ratings at the end of each season based on NHL performance)

I also like the idea of putting the 15 eligible draftees in the main draft

I do like the idea of putting them in the next entry draft, I would just wonder how starting behind would affect VC's idea of matching the NHL schedule. Aside from that, keeping them out of the main draft is a good idea to be able to maintain fairness and reduce confusion like you said

I am not sure how you think it will affect the schedule

When the 15/16 NHL schedule is released I will create it in the program

After thinking about ways of rating players after each season I think I will use their STHS performance

Drafts

Also to be able to ice a pro and farm team we will need the draft to be at least 40 rounds (bare minimum). If this is to long we can maybe draft about 15 players for our farm but this would mean a few "unknown players" on each team and it will probably skew the stats a bit

We can also draft just a pro team and not play a farm league. Farm rosters in the client will be used to house extra players you have but they will not play unless called up

I should also mention we WILL NOT be using potential anymore

Hmmmm..... As of now I don't think I have made a decision on anything that pertains to the league other than we are starting over from scratch

I was most likely doing a lottery for the main draft as well as another lottery for the prospects draft this would keep GM's from trying to get the 30th and 31st pick in the main draft

League Announcement

Alright guys I have been working on the ratings for the past month and making a ton of progress

A new thread will come in time but I have been updating the 1st post of this thread with GM's and the teams they will be

If I have missed a post please let me know ASAP if you would like to stay with your current team

Existing GM's teams will be on hold until May. 3rd after this date any existing GM or possibly new GM may choose one of these teams to GM

I would like to get the ball rolling pretty quick here so I can get a concrete draft order completed

After some deliberation as well as input from the GM's I WILL be including **2015 draft eligible prospects** in the main fantasy draft

**These players will be created and rated if and when they are drafted not before

Archived