The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 5)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Update

I am currently doing a thorough re rate of 853 players, I have completed the CK attribute and I am almost finished the DI attribute

Why only 853 players? because this is how many players have played an NHL game this year. If more players play a game I will add them to STHS

I have also deleted all players in the STHS program who have not played a NHL game this year

All ratings will he based on an average of the last 2 seasons the player has played

If a player is drafted who is not in the STHS program I will create and rate him accordingly to the above guidelines

Like I said when a player is drafted who is not currently in the STHS program I will create and rate accordingly

The reason I deleted all these players out of my simulator was to clean things up a bit and get all the guys out who haven't played in years and either retired or moved overseas

What about guys like Pronger and Ohlund?

What about guys like Pronger and Ohlund?

Like I said above the only players currently created have played in the NHL THIS SEASON and that is 853 (it may be more after tonight's games) and I do check this every night

If a GM picks Pronger, Ohlund or any other player for that matter who have not played in the NHL THIS SEASON I will create and rate them accordingly

To say it again if you choose to pick a player who hasn't played in the NHL THIS SEASON I will create and rate them accordingly

This includes players Overseas, AHL, Canadian Leagues, etc....

I know this is quite late of a reply on this subject, but I think speeding ahead and simming either 2 days or 3 days in one night is a good idea. With all the other leagues on CDC having following the NHL season as well, I think that some variety will be nice. This league, as long as I was here, was always starting a new season after the previous; I think that this should hold true through to the new STHS settings. That way, during summertime, we can have at least 1 league to look at, and also not having a day where your team doesn't play. For other leagues, we always have updates since we have different players from different teams, but in STHS, I suggest we follow our own schedule and sim more than once a day. Just an opinion since I liked how VC simmed scheduled the league previously.

I want to try something different this time we will follow the 2015/16 NHL Schedule next season, if this doesn't work out we can switch things up next year

Having the time off in the summer will give me that much needed time for ratings, draft and whatever else may come up

I am also thinking of adjusting ratings at the end of each season based on their RL NHL/AHL or any other league statistics so all STHS is used for is the simming of games and behind the scenes stuff I need

CK (Checking) and DI (Discipline) have been completed

There are still about 200 players left to delete who are listed in the unassigned players tab this will be done in the next couple of days

Here is the link where you can check out the ratings remember only CK and DI have been re adjusted

http://www.cdcsimleague.com/File/2015%20Pre-Season/CDCSI1-Unassigned.html

What do you guys think of the ratings so far?

Checking - According to the manual and the creator of STHS the higher the checking attribute the more said player will hit

Discipline - According to the manual and the creator of STHS the higher the discipline rating the less penalties he will take

Experience - According to the manual and the creator of STHS Experience helps with team morale as well as his own

I have completed the above 3 attributes and this is how I came to those numbers

Checking: I took the amount of hits over the last 2 seasons and averaged them out on a scale I created (first run) then I took the players time on ice per game and added or decreased the rating according to another scale I made.

Discipline: I took the amount of PIMS over the last 2 seasons and averaged them out on a scale I created just like above. Then I took note of any player who received a Major, Misconduct, Game Misconduct and or Match penalty and decreased their attribute again on a scale I created

Experience: I took the amount of Regular Season games a player has played over his career and came up with a rating from a scale I created. I then took the amount of Playoff games played over a career and added to the attribute according to the scale I made

Faceoff: I am half done this attribute and the way I am determining a rating is I am taking the the amount of faceoffs won by a player over the last 2 seasons and again matching to a scale I created. Then I will go and readjust the rating depending on Faceoff % over the last 2 seasons

Here is the link for the updated ratings so far

http://www.cdcsimleague.com/File/2015%20Pre-Season/CDCSI1-Unassigned.html

Let me know what you think and if you notice any glaring issues

**Facoff attribute is not complete yet**

Archived