The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Overrated Celebrities

Sugar baby watermelon

We get it, you totally didn't watch Glee. You totally think it's super "gay" and totally don't own all the soundtrack compilations and there are totally no Lea Michele posters on your bedroom wall. You are the antithesis of femininity. We get it. Totally.
Soooo... The 'dead junkie' crack was okay, but oh noes, calling the show names is really, really awful?

To say that McCartney is overrated is asinine. Lennon/McCartney are the two most prolific songwriters of the 20th Century. I get that he doesn't have the pipes that he used to have, but as time goes by, I'm regretting not ever seeing one of his or the Beatles concerts.

Compared to the hype and the greatness of the Beatles, McCartney is overrated. I love the Beatles, especially the greatness of John.

Re: Beatles...

Much of modern rock / pop music is owe to the Beatles, if you want to trace it way back. But, any practicing musician will tell you that their music is beginner's stuff, easy to learn, easy to replicate. Their work spoke to the masses but didn't and still don't inspire musicianship. Oasis is the prime example.

Their god status inspired kids growing to be rock/pop stars, sure, ok. They inspired kids to strum and sing, but they never inspired them to be great musicians. In fact, if you want to be critical, one can make an unpopular argument that people like the Beatles were the first to separate the music from the money/status. I'm not about to go down that road here though.

Are they overrated? That depends on how you rate musicianship.

Re: Beatles...

Much of modern rock / pop music is owe to the Beatles, if you want to trace it way back. But, any practicing musician will tell you that their music is beginner's stuff, easy to learn, easy to replicate. Their work spoke to the masses but didn't and still don't inspire musicianship. Oasis is the prime example.

Their god status inspired kids growing to be rock/pop stars, sure, ok. They inspired kids to strum and sing, but they never inspired them to be great musicians. In fact, if you want to be critical, one can make an unpopular argument that people like the Beatles were the first to separate the music from the money/status. I'm not about to go down that road here though.

Are they overrated? That depends on how you rate musicianship.

You might have something with primarily their early stuff (it was largely quick, radio friendly pop) but their music got more and more creative, intricate, sophisticated etc as they grew up.

I think you missed the point, which shouldn't really surprise me, I guess.
What point? That you disagree with me about the gay singing and dancing show? So what? I didn't expect everyone to agree about my disrespectful assessment on Cory Montieth, but the blind defending of the gay singing and dancing show instead of the actual person, imho, is misplaced.

Everyone on that show is overrated. No word on if they are also going to be dead junkies though.

You might have something with primarily their early stuff (it was largely quick, radio friendly pop) but their music got more and more creative, intricate, sophisticated etc as they grew up.

I would be lying if I were to say that I know their whole entire catalogue, but I believe I have heard most of them. Care to give me a few samples of what you mean by creative, intricate and sophisticated?

I would be lying if I were to say that I know their whole entire catalogue, but I believe I have heard most of them. Care to give me a few samples of what you mean by creative, intricate and sophisticated?

So you're not familiar with their entire catalog but feel you have the expertise on their music to basically crap all over everything they did?

Do not feed another troll today. Do not feed another troll today. Do not feed another...

I think she had a perfect body all over (dat hourglass), and her face isn't bad at all. Gives us boring brown eyed brunettes a nice representation. And as someone who spends a lot of time playing with makeup, I give her makeup taste 2 thumbs up.

She's got a mint body IMO but she wears far too much makeup and depending on angles her face can look a bit questionable at times...though that could be the plastic surgery.

I

Dude I am serious. Plus, disagreeing is not trolling.

Having said that, I really don't think there would be a Beatles song that would truly impresses me from a musical ability perspective. George Harrison wasn't any where near as good as Jimi Hendrix as a guitar player, nevermind comparing him to more modern guys. Ringo Star was never gonna be a Keith Moon or a John Bonham. I'll be polite and stop here....

What point? That you disagree with me about the gay singing and dancing show? So what? I didn't expect everyone to agree about my disrespectful assessment on Cory Montieth, but the blind defending of the gay singing and dancing show instead of the actual person, imho, is misplaced.

Everyone on that show is overrated. No word on if they are also going to be dead junkies though.

Well, since your opinion of the person seems to stem from his participation on the show that you claim to not be absolutely head over heels for, I think my comment killed two stupid, stupid birds with one stone. Feel free to keep talking, though. I want to see where this is headed.

Well, since your opinion of the person seems to stem from his participation on the show that you claim to not be absolutely head over heels for, I think my comment killed two stupid, stupid birds with one stone. Feel free to keep talking, though. I want to see where this is headed.

Keep talking about what? This post of yours didn't add anything to the already meaningless discussion. My original assessment stands on the overrated actor and show. And the blabbering about it is about as overrated as the dead junkie too.

Archived