The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Overrated Celebrities

Sugar baby watermelon

To the people say Jennifer Lawrence is overrated, I disagree. She deserves all the praise she is getting and has been getting. Disregard Hunger Games and SLP for a second. Anyone here see Winters Bone and The Poker House? Heck, I haven't seen The Beaver yet, but I heard she was fantastic. She is a fantastic actress, and I hope she's here for a long time!

Can we all agree that majority of the people who talk about her haven't seen anything other than Hunger Games and just love her and talk about her because she's really really funny? I see countless tumblr posts, tweets, articles on buzzfeed all about her interview skills and funny gifs. She may be overrated as a person, but as an actress? No way.

As for my list,

Kanye fooooooooooooor sure

Taylor Swift

Niki Minaj

Zoey Deschanel

Ryan Seacrest

Thats all I can think of right now.

You must be projecting, because nowhere did I suggest celebrities are to blame.

Individuals need to decide how to spend their time and focus. Many will decide to idolize celebrities, keep up with the latest of all entertainment, gossip, "ratings", etc. I think each of us would be better off ignoring it entirely.

As for artistic expression, I firmly believe that everyone is an artist. Most just never find their outlet, or take the time to cultivate it. Some of that may be due to personal responsibilities, but a out of it is just going the easy route.

Fair enough. That was the impression I got, but I stand corrected.

Going back to claiming all celebrities are overrated/overpaid. I don't think you were correct in the slightest when saying so.

Maybe everyone has the potential for artistry, but I think too many things have to come together for everyone to recognize and act on it in a way that would be conducive to one's inclination, be it music, art, acting, et al. Hence we need artists that we can identify with. Using myself as an example, I try to stick to music that's meaningful. A lot of my music I identify with and I'm glad for them being big enough that I can find their music half way across the country/planet.

NIcki Minaj is definitely overrated. Especially with all the plastic and silicon she's carrying around in her body.

Justin Bieber is talented, but he's a total douche and his producers and his label have made him that way. An unfortunate case really.

Surprised that no one has mentioned Adam Sandler yet. But then again, he has been quite irrelevant for the past couple of years...

Meh, I kinda agree with people on Kendrick being overrated. Find his voice slightly annoying. I sort of understand why a lot of people enjoy his music, but I don't think he's the next Jay-Z, or Tupac in terms of him being a major figure in society.

still better than

1-Lil%20Wayne_03-14-2013.jpg

LOL

Yeah, Kendrick's overrated because you don't like his voice. :rolleyes:

And Wayne is a very respectable rapper, maybe not his later gibberish stuff, but nobody can say he's unskilled after listening to his stuff pre-Carter 3. He had mad flow since being 15 years old. Like saying Em is overrated because lately he's turned to hip-pop. Anybody who can do a song with Tech is not overrated.

WTF?

I've seen him twice now. I don't know many other artists that will play for 3 hours +, or play as many instruments. The man is extremely talented.

WTF?

I've seen him twice now. I don't know many other artists that will play for 3 hours +, or play as many instruments. The man is extremely talented.

People are confusing over rated with people they don't like I think,

Paul McCartney owes everything he has to John Lennon. Annnd, go.

Cory Monteith: Who? Oh yeah, the dead junkie from that gay singing and dancing show.

Khloe Kardashian: I dunno, the fat one? At least Kim just has a fat ass. I can understand why some people think she's attractive, but why does Khloe get plastered on covers of magazines?

Taylor Swift: "Baaaaah! Baaaaah! Shovel! Shovel! Shovel!" Okay she's alright looking. And she can sing i guess. Okay i'm gonna retract this. Miley Cyrus is far worse. But she's ranked #6 in Forbes' most-powerful celebrity list. That's too damn high!

Selena Gomez: Without Bieber, no career? Or nobody cares? Because i'm not hearing the talent nor the songs, but that's just mho.

Simon Cowell: Being a jerk and milking one idea for this long has grown tiresome. Hey congrats. Now go away.

David Beckham: What has this guy ever done? Is he God's gift to soccer? Or is that just a myth? Waaaay too much hype here.

Channing Tatum: Can't act worth a freakin' hill of beans, sorry.

Ryan Seacrest: Why is the reincarnation of Casey Kasem so popular? He brings nothing to the table at all, but introduces legit talents well? So what?

Will Smith: When's the last time he had a hit? No wonder he wants to go back to milk Independence Day.

Ashton Kutcher: "Dude, where's my talent? Oh yeah... I married it."

Peter Jackson: The director of "Bad Taste" owes everything he has to JRR Tolkien.

Kanye: Yezus Christ, he stinks.

Charlie Sheen: With all the crack stuff and the strange acts and the womanizing, has anyone noticed his library of work is a wee bit thin? Duh! Nothing! (Okay, he's been in some stuff.)

Gotye: Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star reworded into a hit. And that's it.

Ray Romano: Comedian who's just not funny. At all.

Ben stiller - I just don't find him funny
Concur. He's just too annoying and would've went nowhere relying on his early 'serious' roles, so he thrust himself into comedy. Good call, as masses of people bought in. But if you seperate what he actually brings to the table, comedy-wise from the script, the situation or the premise, which is all done for him, you'd figure out right away that he's not funny at all.

Archived