The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Canucks Injury Thread

Blueberries

Really? Why?

Very strong troll with 12k posts!

Well, you see the season is coming to an end. I like to see my team make the playoffs (**** me, right?).

We have several injured players, and I feel that if we were to get some of the guys back healthy and soon, we might have a shot at making the playoffs!

Very strong troll with 12k posts!

Well, you see the season is coming to an end. I like to see my team make the playoffs (**** me, right?).

We have several injured players, and I feel that if we were to get some of the guys back healthy and soon, we might have a shot at making the playoffs!

I think that ship has sailed. Frankly getting healthy now is counterproductive to what's best for the team long term.

I think that ship has sailed. Frankly getting healthy now is counterproductive to what's best for the team long term.

I disagree. I would like this team to show some heart.

This becomes a habit. If we make a habit of throwing in the towel before the season is done (especially when we are still on the fence), believe me, the young guys will see it and learn to do this.

I'd like to keep that "I believe" mentality, it's much healthier than "there's always next year, plus we got a better pick" that Edmonton seems to have adopted over the last 5 years.

I disagree. I would like this team to show some heart.

This becomes a habit. If we make a habit of throwing in the towel before the season is done (especially when we are still on the fence), believe me, the young guys will see it and learn to do this.

I'd like to keep that "I believe" mentality, it's much healthier than "there's always next year, plus we got a better pick" that Edmonton seems to have adopted over the last 5 years.

I'm not in the silly "throw it" camp. By all means I hope they continue to play like last night even if they lose more than they win. But rushing guys back for a season that was never meant to be would seem a foolish and counterproductive route to take.

It prolongs their recovery time, cuts in to their off season training for next year and IMO will accomplish nothing but a lesser pick in the draft.

They can show heart without compromising any of those things.

I'm not in the silly "throw it" camp. By all means I hope they continue to play like last night even if they lose more than they win. But rushing guys back for a season that was never meant to be would seem a foolish and counterproductive route to take.

It prolongs their recovery time, cuts in to their off season training for next year and IMO will accomplish nothing but a lesser pick in the draft.

So getting healthy and having a chance to make the playoffs is bad?.... I rather make the playoffs and hope for the best then have no playoffs

I never said to rush guys back. I just said we need to get healthy, and quick.

I understand Kesler and D. Sedin could be out for a bit longer, but even a guy like Richards coming back helps.

Stanton looks like he came back yesterday, which is also nice.

(Not so much injury related) Kassian is also coming back from his 3 game suspension.

I would love a high draft pick ! But would also love to see a run to make the playoffs! Gets some young guys a taste specially our goalies ! And even if a first round exit it will be interesting to see torts approach/ abilities to adjust in a series !

It's sad to see Kesler go down, but man... is a playoff spot the most useless crap for us right now.

ok ok, I think it will be fine.. if we went went into the playoffs with everyone, Healthy Kesler, Daniel Sedin, including Keslers top linemate, Mike Santorelli, and everyone, but no.. it wont, Daniel is gone for the season, Kesler is out 4'6 weeks, (knee injuries like that is 4-6 weeks) so yes, whats the point of making the playoffs? Just so we can get our ass handed to us? We won't win anyways best thing to do? finish as low as possible and draft as high as possible. Were in a rare spot right now, what rare spot? A rare spot to pick very high this season. So yes. lol

To be honest that's he best news we could have asked with the injury. Kesler will be gone almost (or altogether) for the year meaning he won't have a chance for a real injury.

This will help us get a higher pick in the draft AND keep his value high for a potential trade!

Archived