The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bombings in Volgograd, Russia

:D

Such as?

Depends what group is first to claim the bombers as their own. Perhaps he'll move back into Chechnya in force or maybe there'll be whispers of executions within the motherland.

Who knows....

Depends what group is first to claim the bombers as their own. Perhaps he'll move back into Chechnya in force or maybe there'll be whispers of executions within the motherland.

Who knows....

Not sure he would want a 3rd Chechen war. Likely a crackdown on "potential terror threats to the Motherland".

"I am certain that we will fiercely and consistently continue the fight against terrorists until their complete annihilation,"

"Putin, who first became president when his predecessor Boris Yeltsin stepped down and named him to the post exactly 14 years ago on Tuesday, has been unable to crush Islamist militants in the Muslim provinces of the North Caucasus."

Sounds like they have already decided who's behind these attacks. I'm very concerned about the upcoming Olympics hopefully he means vengeance after the Olympics & vigilance until then.

You don't have to read the magazine to see the cover...

I doubt they even know what Rolling Stone is and why they would even look at western magazines. If you asked them, they would probably think it is some kind of stoning method to kill a person.

Ya this is quite concerning with the Olympics so close. My understanding was this was possibly in protest of the Olympics??

All the athletes going over there? Scary stuff.

Maybe they were just celebrating the New Years early and something went horribly wrong.

"I am certain that we will fiercely and consistently continue the fight against terrorists until their complete annihilation,"

"Putin, who first became president when his predecessor Boris Yeltsin stepped down and named him to the post exactly 14 years ago on Tuesday, has been unable to crush Islamist militants in the Muslim provinces of the North Caucasus."

Sounds like they have already decided who's behind these attacks. I'm very concerned about the upcoming Olympics hopefully he means vengeance after the Olympics & vigilance until then.

I don't think its a good idea to go after the hornets nest. If they pull off an attack on them, you know they will get it back ten times harder during the Olympic events and it could ruin Russia's reputation as a host country.

Archived