The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Everything Bitcoin Thread

sold all my DGB for a tidy profit a few weeks ago. but all my other sh-tcoins ive held onto are really, really struggling. may end up holding them for a long time, or until i catch them in a pump&dump and sell them for a profit then. i dunno. really want to get out of the sh-tcoin game and just put all my money into btc and eth

Idk much about this other than I hear people make a lot of money off of this. I checked into it a bit and realized a year ago a bit coin was worth around $600 but is now worth over $2100.. TO me that looks like if I threw $10k into bit coin a year ago I'd have $35k now.

Am I understanding it right? And with it so high now should I wait until it hopefully drops to that $600 range again before I invest anything into it?

And finally how do I purchase bitcoin?  I watched a couple YouTube videos but I didnt quite understand what they were talking about.

EOS cryptocurrency is one I'd really like info on. It's only $2.02 CAD per coin but I have no idea how to purchase it. If I put $100 on that and it jumped up to $2000 in 7-10 years that'd be awsome.. if not it's only $100

Edited by Hortankin

10 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Idk much about this other than I hear people make a lot of money off of this. I checked into it a bit and realized a year ago a bit coin was worth around $600 but is now worth over $2100.. TO me that looks like if I threw $10k into bit coin a year ago I'd have $35k now.

Am I understanding it right? And with it so high now should I wait until it hopefully drops to that $600 range again before I invest anything into it?

And finally how do I purchase bitcoin?  I watched a couple YouTube videos but I didnt quite understand what they were talking about.

EOS cryptocurrency is one I'd really like info on. It's only $2.02 CAD per coin but I have no idea how to purchase it. If I put $100 on that and it jumped up to $2000 in 7-10 years that'd be awsome.. if not it's only $100

28 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

buy bitcoin

transfer that bitcoin to a marketplace that has EOS (www.bittrex.com should have it)

trade bitcoin for EOS

if this sounds like a foreign language to you, you have to google it, youtube it, or pay me to do it for you

1 hour ago, GLASSJAW said:

buy bitcoin

transfer that bitcoin to a marketplace that has EOS (www.bittrex.com should have it)

trade bitcoin for EOS

if this sounds like a foreign language to you, you have to google it, youtube it, or pay me to do it for you

Do you know a website you can buy bit coins with PayPal? I really don't like using credit cards on the Internet lol

1 hour ago, Hortankin said:

Do you know a website you can buy bit coins with PayPal? I really don't like using credit cards on the Internet lol

not that i'm aware of, no. quickbt.com allows small purchases (under 150) and you can use interac. the website is secure. but i don't know how to avoid using a CC or bank info 

12 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

not that i'm aware of, no. quickbt.com allows small purchases (under 150) and you can use interac. the website is secure. but i don't know how to avoid using a CC or bank info 

I might try it out.. do you think I should wait and hop it drops a bit before buying it? Seems to be at its highest point now so if my thinking is right I should hold off, but I don't really know much haha.. I'm looking to buy a bunch of it in hopes I can turn it into a huge profit.. Probably not as easy as I think it is lol

Trying to get out of the middle class and the idea of multiplying my money sounds great but its scary how much you can lose if you don't do it right

What are some other cryptocurrency under $5 a coin I should be looking at? I'm looking for that next bitcoin and I'm willing to sink a good chunk into a few I'm hopes of banking 1000% in 5-10 years. The more I read into this the more I want to invest.

I don't want to put it into bitcoin right now because I think it's going to fall quite a bit but don't you have to buy bit coin to buy into the other cryptocurrency?

Edited by Hortankin

a lotta tokens/coins in the green today from the last couple of days of red, but I think things will drop again, maybe "just" another 5-10%

then i think it'll start being smooth sailing around august once bitcoin sorts its dumb sh-t out

4 hours ago, Hortankin said:

What are some other cryptocurrency under $5 a coin I should be looking at? I'm looking for that next bitcoin and I'm willing to sink a good chunk into a few I'm hopes of banking 1000% in 5-10 years. The more I read into this the more I want to invest.

I don't want to put it into bitcoin right now because I think it's going to fall quite a bit but don't you have to buy bit coin to buy into the other cryptocurrency?

"what coin is under $5 but will net me 1000% returns?"

if anybody knew this, the coin wouldn't be under $5

you have to literally research every single coin/token out there and judge for yourself. again, the vast majority of them will fail. even the ones that make sense will likely fail. you can still get some nice little returns in the process, but there are no crystal balls to help you figure this stuff out. 

the internet is full of shilling, full of FUD, full of liars, full of cynics, blind optimists,  etc. everyone has a reason to pump one coin or downplay another. you have to go directly to sources and try to learn as much as you can on your own, or just look for reliable sources on various forums/youtube whatever.

On 7/15/2017 at 1:22 AM, GLASSJAW said:

Would you happen to know if purchasing with a CC be considered as a purchase or as a cash advance?

Just now, GLASSJAW said:

can't see how it would be considered anything other than a purchase

Because I believe if I were to purchase gift cards with my CC, some may be considered as cash advances.

I'm just asking because I need to min-spend for a new card for points... but I don't really want to spend any extra money, lol.  

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

Because I believe if I were to purchase gift cards with my CC, some may be considered as cash advances.

I'm just asking because I need to min-spend for a new card for points... but I don't really want to spend any extra money, lol.  

nevermind, I don't know what I'm talking about. just googled it and:

https://www.quora.com/Is-buying-bitcoin-with-a-credit-card-considered-a-cash-advance-on-Coinbase

this is not something I've ever considered before, so I shouldn't really talk about it