The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues - 1/10/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

Canucks up 3-2 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd. St. Louis takes a penalty and Lack heads to the bench on the delayed call. Henrik passes from behind the net. Garrison misses the pass and the puck ends up in the empty net. Canucks lose in the shootout.

Oh man, that feeling where you can just predict what will happen in the future, and then all of a sudden it becomes reality.

Looking at the glass half full, the complicated NHL standings and an update on Andrew Alberts.

John Tortorella ahead of the Vancouver Canucks game vs the St. Louis Blues Friday at Rogers Arena.

I love it, Torts said pretty much the exact same thing I did in the last GDT.

"At the end of the day we got a point with this league's stupid scoring system. It should be out of the game but I'll take it."

This is going to be a huge game for us. The Blues are by FAR the best team in the league right now and have been for some time. They're coming off a few huge blow out wins, I haven't seen a team play this dominantly in a while. That being said, the Canucks nearly whooped the Penguins. I feel like the coaches would have addressed this poor final minute defence by now.

Canucks hold on to win 3-2. Santorelli with a couple, Bieksa with one.

I will not call for a premeditated injury but McRattan got away with that cheap shot hit to the head into the glass from behind and he must pay and the world would be a better place if he were taken out ala Steve Moore. Of course I would not condone it but it would be sweet sweet justice.

It is utterly disgusting that he got away with no punishment. Absolutely no way that would happen if the hit was on any other team's player, or if McRattan was a Canuck.

Gillis really needs to make a stink about this. And the idiots who call doing so "whining" need to stop being the brainless sheep that the league wants them to be.

Yeah didn't Backes try to fight one of the twins last time we played? I'd like to see the grit spread out through the forwards.

Sedin-Sedin-Santorelli

Higgins-Kesler-Kassian

Sestito-Richardson-Hansen

Archibald-Dalpe-Weise

Anyone know if Weise is playing?

I don't get why Booth is scratched, he's trying. The twins are barely producing more then he is and he's getting 3rd line minutes with barely any pp time...

Archived