The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues - 1/10/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

Kassian played pretty good last Blues game.

Was it last game, or 2 games ago Sestito went with Reeves and Kassian had a rematch (from last year) with Stewart.

I distinctly remember Backes getting annoyed by Danny and wanting to have a fight. He's 220 lbs btw. The Blues def try and impart a physical game, and it starts with their top line. They also have Berglund's line to be drawn in as a physical force to attract match ups (he played with Stewart and Morrow last game i watched them). Then historically secondary guys like McDonald (now retired) and Steen (no longer a secondary guy and a Canuck killer) tore us apart. Their talent players have always been offered the secondary match ups the way Hitch manipulates minutes.

But Torts and Hitch are both masters of match ups.

Should be a great game! :towel:

Anyone have any word on Henrik's so-called ruptured testicle? Or is pretty much one of those 'work through the pain' injuries??

I saw that in the GDT before last game. And he was not taking draws.

But the commentator alluded, and I think VC also mentioned something about a finger issue. Mangled or otherwise. Wonder if its both?

TBH, I can't see us losing this one.

We've lost the last 4 just about every way possible.

1st period, Oshie runs over Eddie in the first period and the zebras finally call a goalie interference which leads to the Canucks first goal. 1-0

2nd period, Tanev coughs up the puck in our end and Steen buries it. 1-1

3rd period, with the Blues out playing us and constantly in our end, 2 minutes left, Henrik springs Daniel on a breakaway and he scores! 2-1

With time ticking down, Blues get into the Canucks end, Canucks ice the puck, Blues call a time out.

On the face off, Canucks control and get it up the boards, Kassian manages to win the puck battle and fires it from center ice into the empty net!

3-1 Canucks!!!!

Go Canucks GO!

Archived