The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun] Canucks want a Center

6.5M for a player like O'Reilly isn't the worst thing ever. Might be able to sign long term with a lesser cap hit

I am still unsure how the new CBA has things worked out but to my understanding it is a $6.5 million QO, again unsure of we could get him cheaper over a longer term

6.5M for a player like O'Reilly isn't the worst thing ever. Might be able to sign long term with a lesser cap hit

Really? There is no way he signs for less after his last contract negotiation where he said ****off ima jus wait till I get what I want...Hes far from a difference maker

The Avs have a lot of cap space, Booth for McGinn straight up. I think McGinn still has a lot of potential upside still untapped.

He's a versatile forward that could play on any line, he scored 20 goals in 2012 with a 159 hits... and lets not forget he's only still 24 years old!! Get on that Gillis!

Colorado laughs and hangs up the phone. Add a top 4 D and you're closer. Not that McGinn is worth that on his own but that's what it will take to get him if you also want the Avs to take Booth's contract of your hands.

I am still unsure how the new CBA has things worked out but to my understanding it is a $6.5 million QO, again unsure of we could get him cheaper over a longer term

They can always negotiate a long term contract before having to qualify him. If that doesn't happen team elected arbitration is always an option. In arbitration all he's guaranteed is a minimum of 85% of this years salary which I believe ends up in the $5.6 million range.

Really? There is no way he signs for less after his last contract negotiation where he said ****off ima jus wait till I get what I want...Hes far from a difference maker

He won't take less than he's making now no doubt, but the raise could probably be less if he's given an 8 year deal over a 2 year deal

He won't take less than he's making now no doubt, but the raise could probably be less if he's given an 8 year deal over a 2 year deal

With the way this game is going 1 guy costing 6.5mil wont help our problems during the reg season or playoffs...Hes just not a fix for years to come need to look at cheaper options and 2 of them

With the way this game is going 1 guy costing 6.5mil wont help our problems during the reg season or playoffs...Hes just not a fix for years to come need to look at cheaper options and 2 of them

The best team in the league has 2 players earning over 8M so your logic is flawed. The problem with this team is that we enjoy shopping at the bargain bin. Time to grow a pair. Go big or go home.

The best team in the league has 2 players earning over 8M so your logic is flawed. The problem with this team is that we enjoy shopping at the bargain bin. Time to grow a pair. Go big or go home.

You dident really compare O'Reilly to Getzlaf and Perry did you? And you missed the point its that we don't have the cap room to get him AND another guy since 1 guy does not fix anything for us

everyone wants talbot for tanev? LOL

talbot is 29 years old. he's got (so far) 4 goals, and 7 assists, for 11 points.

and we're going to trade tanev (solid dman, and he's young still), for a journeyman? yeah, that's going to put us over the hump for Lord Stanley. Pssh.

I don't want Gillis to make stupid trades. Not sacrifice the future, for immediate help, especially, considering this Canucks team isn't going anywhere should we make the playoffs. Horvat, to be honest, is going to make the team next year.

A deal with the Avs makes sense we need to do something and Edler looks horrible as usual.

Torts looked livid with Edler again tonight and he should be seeing how pathetic he was and would tell MG in a heartbeat if asked who he would like to see traded from our defensemen. It sure wouldn't be Tanev and thank god for that.

MG needs to talk to Edlers agent and get him to waive that no trade clause for a good trade and get him outta here.

Archived