The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CGY - 1/18/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

I dident know it was February already...Last I checked it was January...Where has the time gone

Last I checked they both got assists on the 10th vs the Blues

No their not immune to criticism but without them also playing more defensive hockey this season as well cant expect them to put 90+ points up...If you even bothered to look you would know that Kesler is MIA on points also so why only target them? If the twins really were as invisible as you say we would be at Edmonton's level in the standings not on the bubble playoff team

Of course it's January. Not February? Yes. I don't know what you're talking about here. Henrik hasn't scored since the Boston game literally over a month ago.

Nobody expected them to be 90+ point guys anymore and neither did I. I think a point per game or very close to that should have been achievable. Playing a more defensive role shouldn't result in a near 25% drop off in production. Especially when we only have one PP unit which they're always on. Everyone is MIA when it comes to scoring but they are supposed to be our go to guys and they aren't anymore. I'm sure the twins would be better with a better supporting cast/ a consistent and true line mate but neither of these things are going to happen any time soon.. they are invisible far too often.

Thanks, you saved me from having to make that post. The Sedins' offensive production is basically in freefall.

Agreed. If Hank is tired and/or injured,FFS take time off and heal. As honourable as it may seem for him to play through this, it is actually selfish to not take time if needed.

Just listening to HNIC (Montreal/Toronto game) - Grapes says Vancouver will 'be alright' (re: slump) and expects Vancouver to be in the finals?!

*howls* Well, I and every Canuck fan would LOVE that - but doubt it this year.

As for this game? Praying for a win tonight - 4-2 Canuck win; if not, expect a 3-1 loss.

Of course it's January. Not February? Yes. I don't know what you're talking about here. Henrik hasn't scored since the Boston game literally over a month ago.

Nobody expected them to be 90+ point guys anymore and neither did I. I think a point per game or very close to that should have been achievable. Playing a more defensive role shouldn't result in a near 25% drop off in production. Especially when we only have one PP unit which they're always on. Everyone is MIA when it comes to scoring but they are supposed to be our go to guys and they aren't anymore. I'm sure the twins would be better with a better supporting cast/ a consistent and true line mate but neither of these things are going to happen any time soon.. they are invisible far too often.

Hank also hasn't been taking face offs, meaning he's likely got something going on that isn't just "slump" related.

And Daniel hasn't been the same since Keith assaulted him. Sad but true.

Which is why I'm willing to give them a bit of a pass atm. I know with their salaries and being our go to guys, it isn't really an option to do so, but "it is what it is".

Other guys have to step up, at least for now. Then we can assess over time...hopefully they'll fully recover from whatever IS ailing them and get back to form. Right now, I wish they'd take some time to heal if need be.

Time for the team to right their path gain some confidence they must keep their feet moving must direct every thing at the net get some good old time dirty goals.

They can create their own puck luck by being determine fore check like madmen and hit everything that moves.

When I say hit I mean knock players off the puck that is a key to winning that they must be willing to do.

4-1

Canucks

One thing is for sure, McGrattan will be doing his best to brain another Canuck tonight. He received nothing for his last attack, so he'll want to see what he can get away with.

That's my fear - too.

And - McGrattan knows what ails them all...which makes it worse.

How long can Brian Burke shield him from the DPS? I dunno....maybe as long as his son Patrick is there?

Archived