The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Superbowl XLVIII

Chauncey

Super Bowl XLVIII  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We were supposed to watch the game at Doolins at Nelson and Granville. Got there at 2 and it was packed. Went down the street to Roxy Burger and had a great time. Good seats for the big screen and a completely Seattle favoring crowd except for 2 poor misguided fools in the crowd, one being my brother. Great game. Loved every second of it.

Now the Peyton choking thing will get even more out of hand.

Let me just say this for the record honestly:

After today's performance by Peyton, it's cemented that his legacy will go down as a top QB of all-time who just couldn't get it done when it mattered most in the postseason.

Don't get me wrong, Peyton is an all time great and has numerous records, but he's a QB who's had a ton of regular season success but in comparison to his playoff appearances, hasn't done anything. He's never really played spectacular in the playoffs and he'll definitely be given the label as a postseason choker cause long story short, he's not clutch in the playoffs.

Say whatever you want, he's 10-12 all time in the playoffs and plays horrible. Known to not play his worst football then and doesn't carry the team when most needed. Sorry Peyton, but this one felt sooooo good and for all the great you are, you aren't this.

Lets not forget he still has won a championship. I know after today he will have have even more question marks. I just think for how good he is in the regular season it's just surprising he hasn't won more than once.

Right or wrong, Peyton will forever be remembered a choker. Ring or not. Coming from a Denver fan.

Thank you for the honesty. Even the biggest Peyton fans I watched the game with said it from a neutral point. If you don't agree with what user above said, you're delusional.

Thank you for the honesty. Even the biggest Peyton fans I watched the game with said it from a neutral point. If you don't agree with what user above said, you're delusional.

we re in a heated moment .. its normal to talk this way .. the guy has won . his legacy will be of a great qb from a very talented family .. seattles legacy will be that of a team with one of the greatest ds of all time ..

I dont know man ... chokers dont usually win championships ... i know they got blow out but come on ..

Can't make a point using that 1 Lombardi win as the main arguement otherwise we can do that too and even then he didn't play spectacular or anything...the reality is, looking at his overall playoff performances and seeing how much he's done in his career, more times than not he's played medicore/hasn't carried the team in the playoffs and thus = a choker. 1-2 in the SB is just another point to argue with.

Let me just say this for the record honestly:

After today's performance by Peyton, it's cemented that his legacy will go down as a top QB of all-time who just couldn't get it done when it mattered most in the postseason.

Don't get me wrong, Peyton is an all time great and has numerous records, but he's a QB who's had a ton of regular season success but in comparison to his playoff appearances, hasn't done anything. He's never really played spectacular in the playoffs and he'll definitely be given the label as a postseason choker cause long story short, he's not clutch in the playoffs.

Say whatever you want, he's 10-12 all time in the playoffs and plays horrible. Known to not play his worst football then and doesn't carry the team when most needed. Sorry Peyton, but this one felt sooooo good and for all the great you are, you aren't this.

No I think today proved that you need more than a good QB to win a championship.

today proved that you need more than a good QB to win a championship.

Agreed. Said it before the game, I especially know from experience as a Pats fan that defense truly does win championships and even the best offenses can't get it done. Called the game from that one standpoint and cashed in quite a bit too ;)

No I think today proved that you need more than a good QB to win a championship.

A good, never mind one of the best QBs of all time should put up more than 8 points in the Super Bowl.

You need a damn good defense to win with only 8 points scored. Also they have more than a good QB. They have a stacked offence. Look at those targets.

all i know is i can't sleep .. I still can't believe they won .. I wanted it so badly and was so nervous it wouldn't happen .. and its weird cause it hurts in a way .... I have cheered for the hawks my whole life and while I yelled and smiled , it still wasn't the same for me ...if the canucks ever win the cup Ill cry .. i will cry .. really ..

Figures people on Caniucks board are throwing out choker title at Manning. Legit wasn't his fault this game, his O-line got torched and he didn't have time. The denver defense finally put up a performance that everyone thought they would when it mattered. They stopped Lynch, but they didn't do anything about open recievers. And that Harvin return, and the touchdown after that was absolutely brutal.

Manning didn't have a chance. I don't think you could put Brady or Rodgers behind that O-line and expect them to put up over 50 points. The weapons didn't show up big enough, Manning amusingly broke a completion record in a SB, but when you can't even get open deep, and your O-line doesn't give you time to make plays, on top of your D just being hideous? Yeah, game over.

Figures people on Caniucks board are throwing out choker title at Manning. Legit wasn't his fault this game, his O-line got torched and he didn't have time. The denver defense finally put up a performance that everyone thought they would when it mattered. They stopped Lynch, but they didn't do anything about open recievers. And that Harvin return, and the touchdown after that was absolutely brutal.

Manning didn't have a chance. I don't think you could put Brady or Rodgers behind that O-line and expect them to put up over 50 points. The weapons didn't show up big enough, Manning amusingly broke a completion record in a SB, but when you can't even get open deep, and your O-line doesn't give you time to make plays, on top of your D just being hideous? Yeah, game over.

yes dude .. its a bit crazy ... your talking about a future hall of famed who will be on the 1st ballot .. he's no bradshaw who went 4 for 4 but he's got one and been to 3 .. not too shabby ..

Lots of fumbles, brutal D, O-line couldn't block, and special teams failure. Plenty of blame to go around.

Seahawks offence was severely under-rated going into this game as well. It got brushed aside that in the games leading up to the super bowl, Seattle faced some of the best D's in the league. And I don't think Denver faced a top D all season. I know it was probably a boring super bowl for Broncos fans and those otherwise emotionally uninvested...but it's one of my fav super bowls and not one I will soon forget.

Archived