Canucks Community

[PGT] "Down with the Sickness"

Silfverberg Snipes

this team has

1. quit

2. is clearly lacking chemistry, confidence and leadership

3. which means you need to make a change to the core

4. seems to be waiting for a trade

how and why that fat pig gillis cant see it is beyond me, ignore the age, igore the fact we are slow, THE CHEMISTRY is wrong, the mix is WRONG and that is on MG

we have no transitional game, no dmen with real mobility and good passing skills other than Tanev and Hammer if he's on. Stanton is a stud but a stay at home.

we lack speed up front, daniel and henrik are slow, burr seems to have lost a step, maybe its just the late start for him, higgins is not quick, booth's first 4 steps are quicksand then he gets moving, only kassian and schroeds look to be explosive skaters. kesler even looks slower

we have no creativity outside of henrik, and shroeds and kass are just too young to carry the load offensively

we have 6 defensman who play the EXACT SAME GAME..two way, how is that a 'mix'

our top 6 is a top 3 that plays like a bottom 3

our best player for 2 months has been a 22 yr old kid who's been busting his ass to improve and has and yet doesnt get first pp time nor first line time

last game the line of booth, schroeder kassian had alot of chemistry, we can't score, so we split them up

daniel, burr and kesler should be sitting in the press box, let them learn.

how people can't argue without throwing some name calling or misspelling players name is beyond me

anyways if you think Gillis isn't trying to improve this team or just doesn't care you need to give your head a very good shaking maybe bang it against a brick wall a couple times

it's funny how nobody gives Gillis credit for the all the good he has done not just previous seasons but this season

Santorelli,Stanton.Richardson all costed this team nothing and are contributing beyond expectations

Sedins contract were good at the time now he is probably 2nd guessing but you all need to realize with the cap going up next season you run the risk of either them having very good years then asking for even more or sign them now and avoid that mess at the end of the season

Higgins at 2.5 15g 16a is an amazing deal for basically a 3rd liner playing sometimes on the 2nd but again Gillis doesn't get any credit for this

Hiring Torts whether you think so or not the team needed this type of coach ever since the cup loss

oh and yes he gives out NTC to players who had career years he saw them as the core going forward the fact most have regressed the last 2 years isn't something he could of predicted and none of you could either no matter how much you like to think so

Sadly no :(

The players are the problem. They just show no jump whatsoever. No desire. It's not like the effort was there and the results weren't. The was no effort at all. We had maybe 5 good shots on net. Everything else was from the perimeter. Crawford was just chillin back there. He wasn't even going to the bench at TV timeouts. There isn't even an effort to generate opportunities. The wind is firmly out of the sails of this team. Too many players with haunting memories of Boston and Game 7 imo. A bunch of fresh faces with no baggage might do this team some good.

Yeah. I'm just waiting until Henrik Daniel Burrows are together and healthy. If that doesn't work out then I agree with everyone here, make some trades. tough to see guys go, especially after they've been here for a long long time, but I guess we gotta move on. -_-:(

Just got back from the game...excellent effort from my point being there first hand. Here are some things I noticed while there:

- First period was dominant, other 2 dropped off a bit but not horrible, still stiff.

- giving up the lead wasn't as horrible as it seems on tv. Really were playing a good game and a few bad bounces, the luck of the game, and the score tilted just like that. It is disappointing kind of seeing them lose the lead but not really cause they played hard out there.

- Kassian was hands down the best player out there tonight for the blue and green and possibly even from both teams. He was flying, electric, and was a difference maker. Honestly speaking whenever he touched the puck, fans got excited cause we knew he could make something out of nothing. His passing is just amazingly brilliant, can really skate like the wind, and takes smart shots. Play without the puck has improved tremendously and he has a good sense of awareness now out there....not saying this cause I like Kassian, this truly is a neutral assessment and a fair one; really was the best player for the Canucks. After him were Kesler and Schroeder. Kesler. Kesler played like a beast, threw his body around, gave it his all and can't ask for much more and Schroeder is a slick little player. One of those guys people won't give a chance cause his frame but he really has/is 2nd line material but won't cause people again think he's not big enough and can be kept cause of that as a bottom 6 guy who really is a 2nd line playmaker. Has great offensive ability and is a smart player...also skates very solid. Also I noticed from Kass is his back checking has improved a lot and he really is rounding off his game.

- ultimately, a loss but a good all around game. Can't be dissatisfied.

Just got back from the game...excellent effort from my point being there first hand. Here are some things I noticed while there:

- First period was dominant, other 2 dropped off a bit but not horrible, still stiff.

- giving up the lead wasn't as horrible as it seems on tv. Really were playing a good game and a few bad bounces, the luck of the game, and the score tilted just like that. It is disappointing kind of seeing them lose the lead but not really cause they played hard out there.

- Kassian was hands down the best player out there tonight for the blue and green and possibly even from both teams. He was flying, electric, and was a difference maker. Honestly speaking whenever he touched the puck, fans got excited cause we knew he could make something out of nothing. His passing is just amazingly brilliant, can really skate like the wind, and takes smart shots. Play without the puck has improved tremendously and he has a good sense of awareness now out there....not saying this cause I like Kassian, this truly is a neutral assessment and a fair one; really was the best player for the Canucks. After him were Kesler and Schroeder. Kesler. Kesler played like a beast, threw his body around, gave it his all and can't ask for much more and Schroeder is a slick little player. One of those guys people won't give a chance cause his frame but he really has/is 2nd line material but won't cause people again think he's not big enough and can be kept cause of that as a bottom 6 guy who really is a 2nd line playmaker. Has great offensive ability and is a smart player...also skates very solid. Also I noticed from Kass is his back checking has improved a lot and he really is rounding off his game.

I wish everyone would look at it that way

You lost me right there. Chicago owned the play and outshout us by a 2-1 margin. Without Luongo, we would have been down by at least a couple. Not to mention they hit a couple posts.

No but I saw her holding it up. Was surprised she got it through security!

Sadly no :(

The players are the problem. They just show no jump whatsoever. No desire. It's not like the effort was there and the results weren't. The was no effort at all. We had maybe 5 good shots on net. Everything else was from the perimeter. Crawford was just chillin back there. He wasn't even going to the bench at TV timeouts. There isn't even an effort to generate opportunities. The wind is firmly out of the sails of this team. Too many players with haunting memories of Boston and Game 7 imo. A bunch of fresh faces with no baggage might do this team some good.

I agree completely. This time needs a sports psychologist. Or a new one, if they already have one.

This team doesn't lack effort, it lacks skill. If you think the reason the Canucks are losing is effort, you're delusional. We aren't a good team and we won't be if the Sedins=2nd liners and Burrows=AHLer from now on. We'll go through the ebbs and flows of the season and be a bubble team because that's what happens to bubble teams. It's happened to Minny, Phoenix, even LA. Effort is the lazy fan's excuse. Execution is what we're lacking right now. Mediocre teams go through losing streaks because they lack the skill to consistently execute.

The loss of Santorelli and Henrik are huge for a team that lacks skill. I don't see Kesler, Burrows, Daniel, Higgins, etc. trying any less than they usually do. Kesler is on his expected point pace while Burrows can't seem to buy a goal, among his numerous chances. Daniel has sucked for 100+ games now. Higgins is doing well. Kassian is doing better. The 4th line is doing what its expected to. Booth is doing exactly what a lot of us predicted, he's done. Richardson was a healthy scratch before he was a Canuck. I don't see where the lack of effort is except maybe Hansen. Outside of the top line and Hansen, they're doing what was expected of them.

The anchors of the team right now are the Sedins and Burrows as few of you would like to admit. I don't know how many times I've seen the proposed answer to our PP woes being a trade for a defenseman. No, the Sedins are the problem. They are the ones draining the PP of any effectiveness. They are no longer executing and it isn't some lame brained excuse of lack of effort. The PP coach is issue #2, as he has everyone sitting pat looking for stupid one-timers from the point that can be stopped all day. A good PP isn't a retarded game plan of shoot and screen, there's so much more to it than that. Where's the dman pinches, where's the give and goes, the cross seam passes? No, it's dman1 to dman2, shoots, blocked, cleared, rinse and repeat.

Richardson is a 4th line center playing 18 minutes a game currently. Want to know why we aren't winning? There's a big clue as well.

Sit Daniel, Sit Kesler, Sit Burrows, Sit Edler, Sit Garrison, sit any passenger from now on...

and call up players from utica and whatever happens happens but send a facking message to those idiots

you ARE PAID MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS TO BE GAME CHANGERS AND LEADERS

if they complain, well say you earn your ice, otherwise waive your friggen ntc and we'll move your azz

FINE WATCH THE GAME BECAUSE YOU ARE USELESS ON THE ICE.

Call up who? The Utica Comets are the worst team in their league.

Other than the Kids that can't be called up and Corrardo who won't help the Offense the Canucks have no prospects to call up. Jensen is playing horrible in Utica. He is starting to look like a bust.

You know you are a Cnucks fan when.................

Seriously, we are the Chicago Cubs of hockey

Sad isn't it.

Canuck fans have no right to mock Coilers or Lames fans because while they've been living in the past, they at least have cups.

My mom was the biggest Canuck fan I knew and she passed away last year without ever seeing her team lift the cup.

I keep thinking that there's no way the Canucks will not win a cup in my lifetime, but then I think of the Cubs...and lose all hope.

Archived