The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun Speculation] Canucks Ready for Re-tool

Blueberries

no chance. kesler wouldn't get drouin straight up.

Uhhmmm why not?

Drouin, the 3rd overall pick in a draft who has never suited up for a single NHL game and was on the same team and line as one of the most highly touted prospects since Crosby and could just as easily bust as boom (in fact is more likely to bust really when held up to the standards people expect from him in the NHL now)

Is worth more than a Selke winning, 40 goal scoring premiere shut down D man 1st line winger or 2nd line Center?

So this is where the CDC is at huh.

I am guessing That Gillis wouldn't trade Horvat for Toews straight up then either....

Uhhmmm why not?

Drouin, the 3rd overall pick in a draft who has never suited up for a single NHL game and was on the same team and line as one of the most highly touted prospects since Crosby and could just as easily bust as boom (in fact is more likely to bust really when held up to the standards people expect from him in the NHL now)

Is worth more than a Selke winning, 40 goal scoring premiere shut down D man 1st line winger or 2nd line Center?

I am guessing That Gillis wouldn't trade Horvat for Toews straight up then either....

Former 40 goal scorer.... Its a safe bet he will never duplicate that season and those totals again. Kesler would not fetch Drouin.

Uhhmmm why not?

i didn't say tampa SHOULDNT trade drouin for kesler, i said they WOULDNT.

and i agree with you to an extent about drouin. that said, he does possess the potential to be a franchise player, which kesler will never be.

and your description of kesler is a bit much. kesler will never again score 40 in his career. he can't play wing on a second line, let alone a first line. his shutdown abilities are worse now than they were 3 years ago and its only downhill from here considering he's a 30 year old with a ton of wear and tear and he's grossly injury prone.

additionally, comparing both horvat to drouin and kesler to toews is absurdly moronic, as toews and drouin far, far exceed the players you compared them too.

Edler to Detroit will not be happening until the offseason (if it were to happen). Detroit is way too cap restricted to trade for Edler's cap hit without skewing the preferred return (young roster player/prosect and a 1st) by sending back another terrible contract (like Tootoo or Samuelson) which we would not want if we indeed intend on staying competitive. We would probably also have to retain some of Edlers cap, which I would not be interested in doing unless the compensation for doing so would be worthwhile.

Uhhmmm why not?

So I guess Gillis can trade Stan Smyl cause he's a 88 point player for MacKinnon?

i didn't say tampa SHOULDNT trade drouin for kesler, i said they WOULDNT.

and i agree with you to an extent about drouin. that said, he does possess the potential to be a franchise player, which kesler will never be.

and your description of kesler is a bit much. kesler will never again score 40 in his career. he can't play wing on a second line, let alone a first line. his shutdown abilities are worse now than they were 3 years ago and its only downhill from here considering he's a 30 year old with a ton of wear and tear and he's grossly injury prone.

additionally, comparing both horvat to drouin and kesler to toews is absurdly moronic, as toews and drouin far, far exceed the players you compared them too.

You know exactly why I made that comparison.

Bottom line is Kesler or a player like Kesler produces in this league. Drouin or ANY other prospect that has never suited up...they don't produce, haven't produced and run a 50/50 chance of not ever being productive in the league

People are so fast to elevate prospects because of junior careers yet immediately say player X is not worth prospect Y

Makes literally no sense

Kind of foolish don't you think?

I know you're smart enough to get the point I am making.

I get the point but Kesler would not get Drouin. Would you trade Horvat for Rich Peverley? That's basically the same quality difference (Kesler/Peverley and Drouin/Horvat).

You know exactly why I made that comparison.

Bottom line is Kesler or a player like Kesler produces in this league. Drouin or ANY other prospect that has never suited up...they don't produce, haven't produced and run a 50/50 chance of not ever being productive in the league

People are so fast to elevate prospects because of junior careers yet immediately say player X is not worth prospect Y

Makes literally no sense

right, so whatever team drafts mcdavid next year should be willing to trade him for dany heatley prior to the start of the season since heatley has demonstrated an ability to produce in the past.

right, so whatever team drafts mcdavid next year should be willing to trade him for dany heatley prior to the start of the season since heatley has demonstrated an ability to produce in the past.

Heatley is a has been while Kesler is still on top of his game and 1st line center of USA.

Terrible comparison.

Heatley is a has been while Kesler is still on top of his game and 1st line center of USA.

Terrible comparison.

so kesler is going to put up 40 goals, 70 points, and win the selke this year? because that's the top of his game.

though that isn't the point. the point is that warhippy implied that any prospect (his words) is worth less than a roster player that's proven he can produce.

I get the point but Kesler would not get Drouin. Would you trade Horvat for Rich Peverley? That's basically the same quality difference (Kesler/Peverley and Drouin/Horvat).

Kesler proved he is still capable of being a 1st line winger. Peverly has never been more than a 3rd line player....

As I just said, Kesler proved he is still capable of being a 1st line winger, solid 2nd line center or the leagues best 3rd line center. I am not a Kesler fan but seriously....that calibre of player even with injury history, the kind that can dictate the pace of a game is not worth a single prospect straight across?

Come on man...

Archived