The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun Speculation] Canucks Ready for Re-tool

Blueberries

Not sure what some of you are taking from a 5 second blurb on TSN. It seemed more speculative than anything else to me. Doesn't mean we are not open to trades, but I wouldn't expect anything major. This is a weird year with most teams up against the cap.

I wonder how many here that are hoping for a firesale and tanking for picks will still be watching us lose enough for those picks over the years.

How are the Sedins the only untouchables?!

I would add Luongo and Kesler to that list. Those 2 are players that this team needs to keep along with the Sedins. Your won't get a huge return on Luongo, so it's better to just keep him than trade him.

As for Edler I would prefer to keep him and trade Garrison instead. All you need is the right partner to play along side Edler, which is a calm PMD (ex. Ehrhoff, Salo, Ohlund).

I also wouldn't be against trading a prospect like Gaunce or Jensen, only if it meant we are getting a fairly young NHL regular on our team. A guy like Okposo or Voracek in a package deal, that could include one of Ganuce or Jensen going the other way.

Top 4 D? He can't score, has terrible speed, loves going for leisurely skates in his own zone, and gets turnstiled more than New York subway passengers. You wanna pay 5 mil for a defenseman who's either too stupid or too lazy to play defense?

You did just see that goal right?

You did just see that goal right?

And how many goals have been his fault since he last scored? If you score twice and leave your man open for 5 easy goals against, you're hurting the team, especially if you're a defenseman. Edler's a lot like Sopel was for us. Could chip in offensively once in a while, had raw talent, but stupider than Mr. Bean after some bong hits.

Top 4 D? He can't score, has terrible speed, loves going for leisurely skates in his own zone, and gets turnstiled more than New York subway passengers. You wanna pay 5 mil for a defenseman who's either too stupid or too lazy to play defense?

So hes not going anywhere because hes o so useless...get a grip he plays 20+min per game and is one of our mour more physical players and blocks shots

Should build around BC and Vancouver guys.

E.Kane-top line goal scorer. Probably going to be a 30-40 goal scorer

M.Reilly-Top pairing puck moving defenseman.

S.Reinhart, M.Johansen, RNH etc...-top line centerman. 80+ points players

G.Reinhart-Top pairing defensive defenseman

If we had a team of BC players it would be sick. Lots of great talent coming out of BC, they would probably work harder because they are hometown guys.

Kesler-d prospect and first

Edler -d prospect and first

Bieksa-d prospect and first

Add Tanev and Corrado and the future d corp is pretty much done.add four gritty fast top six to shinkaruk and Horvat and in one swoop the rebuild gets a kick start.

Kesler would command A list prospect, 1st round pick and a Roster player.

Should build around BC and Vancouver guys.

E.Kane-top line goal scorer. Probably going to be a 30-40 goal scorer

M.Reilly-Top pairing puck moving defenseman.

S.Reinhart, M.Johansen, RNH etc...-top line centerman. 80+ points players

G.Reinhart-Top pairing defensive defenseman

If we had a team of BC players it would be sick. Lots of great talent coming out of BC, they would probably work harder because they are hometown guys.

Ryan Johansen you mean.

My opinion:

Kesler: 2 B grade prospects, youngish roster player (23-25), 1st or 2nd

Edler: Young impact player, 1st

Bieksa: Defense or forward prospect, 1st

I don't like moving Kesler...This year him and the twins were good I would move him up permanently and get some 2nd line help with Edler/Burrows

I'd get a top-fledge center(Spezza or Stastny would be ideal), move Kesler to the wing and have those guys as our primary offence for the next few years. Trade the Sedins in the offseason to round out D, picks and most importantly secondary scoring. Let the team play some mediocre hockey for a few years and than watch them take off Horvat and Kassian leading the way.

Archived