The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sochi Olympics 2014! Official "Olympic Discussion" thread.

PlayStation

Which event are you most looking forward to! (Other than Hockey.)  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow, that USA vs Russia was a great game.

After watching the shootout, I wonder if Babcock will go with Price in net the rest of the way only because of Lui's iffy shootout (real or perceived) record over the years.

Personally I think he's been much better at it the last couple of years so will be interesting to see what happens.

Wow, that USA vs Russia was a great game.

After watching the shootout, I wonder if Babcock will go with Price in net the rest of the way only because of Lui's iffy shootout (real or perceived) record over the years.

Personally I think he's been much better at it the last couple of years so will be interesting to see what happens.

Lui is fine in shootout in terms of percentage. cause nux cant score, his win-loss record is not good.

wow Oshie is a shootout king....I don't like the anyone can shoot after 3 rounds, it's ridiculous. It becomes even more of a skills and 1 on 1 game entirely.

in NHL rules at least it forces you to use your entire team.

Good game though US got a big break on the disallowed goal

It's one aspect of the International rules that I've never liked.

Just imagine, if the NHL used these rules, we never would have seen the Marek Malik shootout goal....

So Quick takes his own net off, so it's no goal? That goal should have counted.

Also, I prefer many of the international rules over the NHL ones, but the way the shootout is done is terrible. Letting one player shoot over and over again really takes away from the fact that it's supposed to be a team game.

Watching Switzerland vs Czech Republic. Absolutely baffling actions by the Czech coach.

Down a goal with a minute and a half left and possession in the Swiss zone, Ondrej Pavalec tried in vain for over half a minute to get the attention of the coaching staff and finally came off on his own, so they could get the extra attacker out.

Just a head shaker on the part of the Czech coach.

@TSNRyanRishaug: IIHF discipline committee is not looking at Brown knee on knee hit, saying the refs got the call right in game.

What is with this guy?

Late in the 3rd period up a goal against the Russians and he pulls another patented Dustin Brown cheap shot leg whip at center ice. Absolutely selfish of him at that time of the game.

And of course the Russians scored on the PP to tie the game

This guy is strange!

There has to be something missing upstairs to have this much disrespect for his opponents.

It is just the same leg whips over and over.

I just do not understand how he keeps getting away with it.

Eventually this guy is gonna hurt somebody real bad!

Archived