The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Finland, preliminary round game 3

goalie13

Price is incredibly overrated and always has been. He chased the better goalie in Halak out of Montreal, and then goes on to bitch about the Canadiens fans everytime he has a bad game.

He hasn't done a lick of anything in the NHL level, let alone prove himself to be an Olympic starting goalie.

Luongo may have a few choke jobs in the playoffs, but I don't recall seeing Price have too many GREAT playoff runs, certainly not like Luongo has had or even Halak.

Luongo won the gold in 2010, got the shutty against Austria, and they roll with a kid who is known to crack under pressure, play sloppy a lot of the time, and is feeding off a week Eastern conference and Atlantic division.

So that justifies your desire to see him get hurt?

What a great human being you must be.

So that justifies your desire to see him get hurt?

What a great human being you must be.

Obviously not serious about wanting to see him get hurt, but I'd be lying if I said I want to see him do well.

I'd also much rather Luongo stays home and rests up during the Olympic break than have him waste his time by putting forth all his hard work just to sit on his ass on the bench.

Obviously not serious about wanting to see him get hurt, but I'd be lying if I said I want to see him do well.

I'd also much rather Luongo stays home and rests up during the Olympic break than have him waste his time by putting forth all his hard work just to sit on his ass on the bench.

That's what really pisses me off about this..

Lu was really working real hard all year to solidify himself as the starter (which should've already been his for the taking because of 2010) and out of nowhere Price is the one who gets the starts and he hasn't won anything or really been proven.

I assumed it would be the way it was in 2010, they went with the more experienced goaltender (Brodeur) who was then overtaken by Luongo. Thought it was definitely Luongo's to lose in 2014 as well.

Some other glaring mistakes with the line-up as well...

Like NUCKS4CUP said, if this was what it was going to come down to, pointless for Lu to be there, showing a lack of respect for him that was given to Brodeur in 2010.

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 26m

Babcock: "Don’t get me wrong, it’s personal when you tell a guy (he’s not in). It’s personal. But it’s not about that, it’s about Canada."

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 20m

Babcock on what he thought about the USA-Russia game: "Tournament on. ... They don't give out these medals, you've gotta earn it."

Hope he chokes with price in net. What an idiot.

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 26m

Babcock: "Don’t get me wrong, it’s personal when you tell a guy (he’s not in). It’s personal. But it’s not about that, it’s about Canada."

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 20m

Babcock on what he thought about the USA-Russia game: "Tournament on. ... They don't give out these medals, you've gotta earn it."

So in other words: "We're not playing Luongo because he's Luongo."

Lu was really working real hard all year to solidify himself as the starter (which should've already been his for the taking because of 2010) and out of nowhere Price is the one who gets the starts and he hasn't won anything or really been proven.

I assumed it would be the way it was in 2010, they went with the more experienced goaltender (Brodeur) who was then overtaken by Luongo. Thought it was definitely Luongo's to lose in 2014 as well.

Like NUCKS4CUP said, if this was what it was going to come down to, pointless for Lu to be there, showing a lack of respect for him that was given to Brodeur in 2010.

Yeah I'm pretty razzed about this. I went from praising Babcock and slobbering all over him saying he's one of the best coachest of all-time arguably, to absolutely hating the guy in less than 24 hours.

I dont see it that way at all, and I'm a lui fan. Any goalie will want to be in the team, and he did his job. And if needed, he will be ready. There's only 1 net, but it's a team game. Check your ego at the door, Gretzky once said.

still a prelimin game, and you dont want to sit price out too much either. they can still go with Lui. The good thing is as for now, both goalie look fine. It's the forward and PP that will need more tweaking.

I dont see it that way at all, and I'm a lui fan. Any goalie will want to be in the team, and he did his job. And if needed, he will be ready. There's only 1 net, but it's a team game. Check your ego at the door, Gretzky once said.

still a prelimin game, and you dont want to sit price out too much either. they can still go with Lui. The good thing is as for now, both goalie look fine. It's the forward and PP that will need more tweaking.

See, all that would be fine and dandy and I'd understand that - IF Luongo wasn't tied for most all-time wins for Canadian Olympic goalies and an all-time GAA of about 1.50~ in the Olympics with a gold medal.

See, all that would be fine and dandy and I'd understand that - IF Luongo wasn't tied for most all-time wins for Canadian Olympic goalies and an all-time GAA of about 1.50~ in the Olympics with a gold medal.

but it is prelimin. I mean US starts Miller today, Rus starts Varlomov. but I think US willl go with Quick.

Granted, this is a test game for CAN, but they could still lose today. Nothing is guaranteed.

Subban, Norris trophy, St Louis, Art Ross trophy. both scratched. No worries, team is plenty deep.

Archived