The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Finland, preliminary round game 3

goalie13

Don't mess with the "third and fourth" lines. They have been the only ones clicking. Kunitz obviously isn't working and this tourney is too short to keep him in. Duchene instantly clicked with Getzlaf and perry and obviously stays in based on his performance today. I would sit Kunitz out and insert Sharp with Crosby. My lines would look like this:

Sharp-Crosby-St. louis

Marlaeu-Toews-Nash/Carter

Perry-Getzlaf-Duchene

Benn-Bergeron-Tavares

Keith-Weber

Peitrangelo-Bowmeester

Doughty-Vlasic

Luongo

Price

You really can't go wrong with either Hamuis or P.K. as a 7th dman IMO.

Should be a good test for both teams. Not going to predict an outcome but if both teams play to their potential, Canada should win.

Open question to CDC: if Canada happens to end up in a shootout, who would you send out? I'd go with:

Toews

Perry

Crosby

I talked to a co-worker about this today. Isn't it 5 shooters in international play? Well regardless if that's true or not, here are my 5 shooters

Crosby

Toews

Tavares

Bergeron

Getzlaf

Should be a good test for both teams. Not going to predict an outcome but if both teams play to their potential, Canada should win.

Open question to CDC: if Canada happens to end up in a shootout, who would you send out? I'd go with:

Toews

Perry

Crosby

One question: Is the Olympic shootout format best of Three now? Because I know years ago it was best of five. I'm not too sure. But if it's best of 3 I would go Crosby, Tavares, Toews...Can you say clutch!

If you happened to watch any of the recap or anything Hamhuis played more than expected on more pairings than expected, and played better than expected. Subban was also plastered to the bench a couple times.

PK is high risk/high reward but if I were a coach in the Olympics, he would make me nervous. Yes he can be dynamic offensively but on a team with lots of blue line firepower, he is risky. a defensive gaff or stupid penalty at a bad moment and good-bye gold medal.

I think Babcock has enough offensive D men and is looking for that bottom pairing to be solid, responsible guys able to defend well and move the puck. No need for theatrics.

So guys, realistically and as objectively as you can get, what are the chances that Lu gets the start against the Fins? Personally, and I'm no expert, it seems that Price has slightly better rebound control than Lu. But Lu did look pretty solid today and he did get the shutout...

hard to tell, both opponents sucked.

prob lui, he is the incumbent. if he look so so vs real contenders, then put price in for rest of the tourney, But vice versa can be true too.

I dont think either goalie will hurt canada. the biggest challenge is get the forwards lines to all click, and PP. The D looks really good so far, very impressed.

So guys, realistically and as objectively as you can get, what are the chances that Lu gets the start against the Fins? Personally, and I'm no expert, it seems that Price has slightly better rebound control than Lu. But Lu did look pretty solid today and he did get the shutout...

It's tough to say who will get the start, but I think it will be Luongo. Price just hasn't shown us that he deserves to be the starter over Lu. Right now, I would say that they're pretty even, so I would go with the guy who has more experience.

Lu's rebound control didn't look anything awkward or out of the ordinary against Austria, didn't ever look like an issue. Lu made at least 3-5 big saves in the game including an early point blank shot. IMO Lu looked as calm, steady, quick, and focused as I have ever seen in a few years.

All around looked in great position all game and looked big in the net

Archived