The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Willie desjardins is the lead coach candidate in my mind 150 shots in game 1 ,2, and 7 of the ahl conference finals. He now goes to the calder cup finals his 2nd year coaching the ahl.

Will desjardins coaches brett ritchie who has 20 something points in his first ever ahl playoff series at the age of 22.

We will be acquring willie. Nick. And brett ala burrows and vingeault were from manitoba years ago.

Book it. All of thats happening. And the answer to protect the sedin brothers is aqcuire the ritchie brothers.

Signed sealed and delievered.

button should retire as an analyst and take up stand-up comedy. this guy has me roaring rignt now. lmao Hosang and virtanen in the second round hahahahah

That's cause he doesn't do these rankings for a mock draft genius. He does these in prediction of their potentials and hoe high they'll peak. Look at McKenzie's rankings for mock draft.

I think these moves could boost our rebuild.

To van:

Vatenen, 10th overall, 2014 1st (ana)

To ana:

Kesler, 3rd round pick 2015

To van:

5th overall pick

To NYI:

10th overall pick, Tanev, Schroeder

5th overall- Nylander

6th overall- drasitl

Over payment for the 5th IMO. But that's pretty much what I'd like to do (other than retain the 10th) and then add Fleury at the 10 spot.

I think these moves could boost our rebuild.

To van:

Vatenen, 10th overall, 2014 1st (ana)

To ana:

Kesler, 3rd round pick 2015

To van:

5th overall pick

To NYI:

10th overall pick, Tanev, Schroeder

5th overall- Nylander

6th overall- drasitl

Kesler is not getting moved at draft time get with the program haha

The only dmen that should be leaving is Garrison and perhaps Tanev if he's demanding too much

Kesler is not getting moved at draft time get with the program haha

The only dmen that should be leaving is Garrison and perhaps Tanev if he's demanding too much

Where is your source saying kesler will not be traded by the draft? Also garry nore any other core d will move their ntc leaving the only option of trading tanev.

If we get vateneni see no point for fluery. Also it is a steep price but keep in mind it is just the rights to tanev and schroeder so they hold less value.

They're RFA's, so long as they're qualified they may as well be under contract. Plenty of value.

Fleury/Vatanen are VERY different players.

Cosensus on possible players that we should pick around 6th now seems like this to me from the past several pages:

MDC, Nylander, Draistal

One of those three will be around for pick 6 but the only can't lose pick in my mind is MDC.

He will be a great special teams/third liner at worst and has first line potential.

Nylander could fail completely or be a first line player.

Draistal will be a solid third liner at worst with still a small chance of total bust due to skating, etc.

Ritchie has fallen off the radar for some reason

One of those three will be around for pick 6 but the only can't lose pick in my mind is MDC.

He will be a great special teams/third liner at worst and has first line potential.

Nylander could fail completely or be a first line player.

Draistal will be a solid third liner at worst with still a small chance of total bust due to skating, etc.

Ritchie has fallen off the radar for some reason

Because they found out the size ritchie has is mostly fat. Don't wanna have to deal with that as a team.

Fair enough. But wouldn't you like to get nylander? Potential 1st line center. Especially with losing kes?

With the 5 and 6 picks I'd get two of whoever's left standing between Draisaitl / MDC / Nylander / Virtanen (probably in something close to that order). Then take Fluery with the 10th.

With the 5 and 6 picks I'd get two of whoever's left standing between Draisaitl / MDC / Nylander / Virtanen (probably in something close to that order). Then take Fluery with the 10th.

That would be good. I just don't see nyi trading their pick completely just moving down since they have no pick next year.

That would be good. I just don't see nyi trading their pick completely just moving down since they have no pick next year.

They get two good, young players that can play now and are cheap (plus maybe say our 3rd). They want to improve now, not in 2+ years.

Archived