The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First off, I never stated that Tuck is "better than the 3 right now". I stated that in time he WILL be better than the 3.

As for you analogy of NTDP....Im sure we both know the list of successful players to come out of that team. I see USHL as to what the BCHL is, although I tend to hold the later in a higher regard.

You make a point that we have Jensen, Kassian and Grenier on the right side. Also Hansen is still there. For the left side we also have Shinkaruk, Fox along with Daniel signed for 4 years along with Higgins signed for another few years. Also lets not forget Burrows and with Booth suddenly being of use playing with Kassian, I dont see Booth getting bought out. Henrik, Kesler(if he isnt traded) along with Mathias to go with Gaunce and Horvat make up our centers

we are finally starting to get depth in our prospect pool and this is great. They wont need to be rushed.

3-4 years and Tuck should be just in time for his rookie year. By then hopefully all developed and ready to go.

I believe any player we draft wont be ready for atleast 3 years.....

Rofl. It's Tuch, and I'll let you Google his first name since you clearly don't know squat about him or that league. And yes it's essentially junior B when you compare it to the CHL.

How exactly did listing players in our organization help your point? It seems you just said some sweeping generalizations that no one disagrees with to reinforce your point about.. nothing?

If this discussion has been redirected to potential of Tuch in comparison to our current RW depth then you fail again, as Kassian was ppg in the OHL, Jensen ppg in the OHL and Grenier a scoring forward in the Q - all of which are superior leagues to the USHL and it's one stacked team.

Rofl. It's Tuch, and I'll let you Google his first name since you clearly don't know squat about him or that league. And yes it's essentially junior B when you compare it to the CHL.

How exactly did listing players in our organization help your point? It seems you just said some sweeping generalizations that no one disagrees with to reinforce your point about.. nothing?

If this discussion has been redirected to potential of Tuch in comparison to our current RW depth then you fail again, as Kassian was ppg in the OHL, Jensen ppg in the OHL and Grenier a scoring forward in the Q - all of which are superior leagues to the USHL and it's one stacked team.

wow...did someone crap in your coffee today? I accidently spell a guys name wrong and BAMMM, you're all over it....cough cough douche cough.

and to suggest that the USHL doesnt produce great hockey players is pure ignorance. Where do you think 80% of US Olympic team cut their teeth? Im sure you would welcome any one of THEM on the Canucks.

Look....I made a suggestion as to who to draft. Im sure whoever we DO draft is likely going to wait a few years anyway

not too interested in USHL either, fewer number of games, big gap between level of ability

I would like to draft fleury, looking down the pipe line, we do not have many D prospects that project to be NHLers - corrado and maybe Hutton and neither are likely to be top 2 d man - I would do:

Kesler, 2nd, Labate

Sami Vatanen, etem, OTT's 1st

draft Fleury, and I have been convinced that Mccann is a better pick that nylander and ehlers but who knows

that gives us a future prospect pool of

Corrado, Fluery, Vatanen, Tanev, Stanton

Fox, gaunce, kassian, jensen, horvat, shinkarurk, Mccann, etem

thats 8 forward players that should project to all be top 9 with many of those guys projecting to be top 6 - that group of forwards has a lot of diverse skill sets - Jensen, shinker, fox are the snipers, gaunce, horvat, Mccann, are the 200 foot players who can do it all

Grenier...lol

Considering is Tuck goes the NCAA route...we wont see him for another 4 years anyway. I think in time he will be much better than all you just named

This is amazing! Argues that "Tuck" is going to be better than all the other players without knowing how to spell his name. Not even a russian name...4 letters

First video i watch of Ehlers and it's a beauty pass form Drouin.

No thanks.

Perlini, Nylander, Virtanen, or Ritchie

Ah yes, all decisions should be made on 1 short clip.

He plays with drouin sometimes, but often is on a different line to balance the attack

Adrian Kempe is being tipped to go late second round. If we can flip, say, Schroeder's rights for a pick to snag him, that'd be sweet.

If we trade Kes, moving Schroeder might not be an option.

Sedin, Horvat, Richardson, Santorelli, Matthias,

Gillis will probably want a young offensive center back in the Kesler or Edler trade.

Someone like Emerson Etem.

We already are stacked in the center position and Schroeder has proven nothing with all the injuries we've had. His time in Van is done!

If Santorelli is re-signed, Schroeder is completely expendable.

Hank

Santorelli

Mathias

Richardson

Horvat

Gaunce

Lain

Santorelli is not a full time second line center. I think people are being blinded by his success this season.

If we trade Kesler, the deal will have to include a young impact center.

Santorelli is not a full time second line center. I think people are being blinded by his success this season.

Unless philly steps up I don't see us getting a young centre that is any more ready to make an impact than Horvat. Even if you get Etem out of Anaheim, he still hasn't proven anything.

I'd rather see us try and get a puck moving defenseman like Pouliot. He may not be ready to make a huge impact either but probably carries more future star power than any centre we get in a Kesler deal.

I just think we gotta go for star power at another position and try and figure out another way to get an impact top six centre.

yes, but who WILL that player be? Of Keslers short list of teams he is willing to report to, WHO is the target center Gillis wants back and WILL the respected GM of that team Meet the demand?

Hopefully the list gets expanded by the draft or in the summer, but at this point Im content3d with Gillis getting the best player available regardless of position and whatever else comes in the package(if there IS a package)

yes, but who WILL that player be? Of Keslers short list of teams he is willing to report to, WHO is the target center Gillis wants back and WILL the respected GM of that team Meet the demand?

Hopefully the list gets expanded by the draft or in the summer, but at this point Im content3d with Gillis getting the best player available regardless of position and whatever else comes in the package(if there IS a package)

Exactly, philly likely won't move Schenn and definitely won't even talk about couturier. Laughton? Might as well just play Horvat.

Detroit would have to insane to move nyquist after how he's played this year.

Anaheim is interesting. They have Etem, he's unproven but a top ten pick in the draft gives the deal something to think about.

Pitt has Sutter, unless you got Stamkos and Tavares on his wings, he's not the answer. I would be into taking him if Pouliot is the main piece and they won't give up Bennett as well.

Kesler

Shinkaruk

Bonino

6th overall from Ottawa

27+ overall from Anaheim

Then flip the 6th overall and some prospects for 3rd overall or 4th Drafting Dal Collie or Bennet Or Reinhart Or Draisaitl

or keep the 6th and draft Perlini and Mcann

Kesler

Shinkaruk

Bonino

6th overall from Ottawa

27+ overall from Anaheim

Then flip the 6th overall and some prospects for 3rd overall or 4th Drafting Dal Collie or Bennet Or Reinhart Or Draisaitl

no way does Murray deal Bonino...from blogs and pressers, Murray pretty much hung the phone up when Bonino's name came up.

Etem+2-1sts would be sufficient enough for me

Virtanen with Ott's 6th

Tuch with our 11th

either Demko or Lemieux with Ana's pick

Kesler

Shinkaruk

Bonino

6th overall from Ottawa

27+ overall from Anaheim

Kinda think it's an overpayment. Bonino is a beauty but I question that the Kesler value is? Bonino and the 27th overall? If that's the case then shinkaruk for the 6th or 7th pick. I'm not so sure that player is guaranteed better than shinkaruk. I say that because shinkaruk looked pretty damn solid at preseason and almost made the team right after his draft.

So was perlini or any of the guys ranked 6-10 a better junior than shinkaruk? 90 something points the year before his draft and 80 something in his draft year for hunter. Size was the question but it didn't look like it was going to be a problem at his first ever training camp. So my conclusion is what's the point of trading a guy we've gotten a look at just to take gamble on another kid.

I guess overpayment was the wrong word, should have said not worth it. Unless you got an agreed deal lined up to get into the top five, I wouldn't do it.

no way does Murray deal Bonino...from blogs and pressers, Murray pretty much hung the phone up when Bonino's name came up.

Virtanen with Ott's 6th

Tuch with our 11th

Taking Virtanen with the 6th is way too high IMO.

He could be had with our 10th overall.

Take Draisaitl, Ritchie, or Ehlers with the 6th if they're available.

We should definitely be all over Lemieux though, that kids gonna be good.

Exactly, philly likely won't move Schenn and definitely won't even talk about couturier. Laughton? Might as well just play Horvat.

Detroit would have to insane to move nyquist after how he's played this year.

Anaheim is interesting. They have Etem, he's unproven but a top ten pick in the draft gives the deal something to think about.

Pitt has Sutter, unless you got Stamkos and Tavares on his wings, he's not the answer. I would be into taking him if Pouliot is the main piece and they won't give up Bennett as well.

Chicago stepping up at the draft and offering Teräväinen might be the closest to a potential star centre that we can get. Add in Shaw plus a pick and we could be in business.

Virtanen with Ott's 6th

Tuch with our 11th

Etem is from Cali is just makes no sense to get him

I think if they drop the 27th they would bite. I know Canucks fans would say we got absolutely robbed though.

More I think about it though if Etem wanted to play here with Shinkaruk and a bunch of other young guys Etem + the 1sts wouldn't be terrible.

Let's just hope Anaheim gets destroyed in the first round.

Archived