The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How have the first round of playoffs changed peoples perspectives on who to draft??

Dal Colle is rising in my books

Bennett falling

Reinhart pushing for number 1

Ekblad was steady

Drasaitl holding around that 5-6 spot

Virtanen falling hard.

Perlini falling

Ritchie holding

Ehlers rising.

McCann rising

Ho-Sang falling

Nylander holding top 10 spot.

Cornel rising

Lemieux rising

Honka disappearing

Barbashev rising a bit.

Kapanen Rising?

I agree with all

Of yours except I think barbashev has risen quite. A bit in most scouts books as he finished the season very strong, and is playing well

In the playoffs too.

And agree honka has dropped into second round territory

I'm not a big Kapanen fan, and I think a lot of NHL scouts will agree with me, but it will be interesting to see where he gets picked.

The rest I agree with, it's interesting how this could really shape the rankings now

I agree with all

Of yours except I think barbashev has risen quite. A bit in most scouts books as he finished the season very strong, and is playing well

In the playoffs too.

And agree honka has dropped into second round territory

I'm not a big Kapanen fan, and I think a lot of NHL scouts will agree with me, but it will be interesting to see where he gets picked.

The rest I agree with, it's interesting how this could really shape the rankings now

OMG we have a second rounder this year dont we

dont look now, but with a little help, NSH and WIN could pass us!!!! That would bring us in to the 6-7 pick position!!!

Don't look hard because Ottawa and Carolina could as well. Barring a miracle of we lose the rest and the Flames win the rest 5th is actually in shot

Don't look hard because Ottawa and Carolina could as well. Barring a miracle of we lose the rest and the Flames win the rest 5th is actually in shot

God that would a blessing to fall to 5th. Get Draisaitl Bennett or Dal Colle and I'll spend my entire summer in the prospect forum haha.

God that would a blessing to fall to 5th. Get Draisaitl Bennett or Dal Colle and I'll spend my entire summer in the prospect forum haha.

Check the standings, all we need is a 5 game slide and a bunch of reg wins and 3 point games from 3 or 4 teams and it's a lock

We already do and would aha either way :rolleyes:

Yeah but I'd rather find out how much Mr Draisaitl is benching in July than Mr McCann.

You are right though, as crappy as this season has gone, it's pretty exciting going into this off season with a top ten pick plus a signing like fox. Potential Kesler deal for future stars ect.

My dream is Kesler gets flipped for pouliot 1st and whatever else. Instant excitement right there. Kid with the ability to be the next Duncan Keith. Late first we take Lemieux. Assuming we don't fall to 5th, with our first we get Ritchie.

2 hard to play against forwards built to compete in our division and the puck moving dman we've always wanted.

If gillis gets that done, I'll purchase google glasses and wear em under my welding helmet all summer to argue with stubborn CDCers haha

Check the standings, all we need is a 5 game slide and a bunch of reg wins and 3 point games from 3 or 4 teams and it's a lock

Maybe there is a reason torts refuses to take Lack out.

Pray for Eddie but fail for Draisaitl!!

Uf we pick 6th and can gt ottawas pick for kesler. A reinhart trade is extremly possible.

Tbh i rather get dal collie as him and cassels are line mates. And dal collie could be had for the 6and8th overall straight up.

The lottery and draft will ve more interesting for the canucks than in 2 decades. Thats why ppl are ao furiously excited.

Too many possibilites involving getting a 2nd top10 pick for kesler and drafting 6th ourselves being upgraded for reinhart.

To a lot of rebuilding teams its way more value. Imagine us drafting sean monahan and bo horvat in the same year if we traded kesler instead. Just an example.

Uf we pick 6th and can gt ottawas pick for kesler. A reinhart trade is extremly possible.

Tbh i rather get dal collie as him and cassels are line mates. And dal collie could be had for the 6and8th overall straight up.

The lottery and draft will ve more interesting for the canucks than in 2 decades. Thats why ppl are ao furiously excited.

dal colle

If we got ottawa's pick too I would not trade them both for dal Colle. Way rather just pick 2 players. There's no guarantee MDC is a future first line superstar. Got a better chance at that keeping 2 picks shortly after him. I'd trade both for ekblad but that's about it.

Dal collie goes nuts when he ever gets an assits on a goal. The guy just likes winning.

Youngest top 5 player and 10 points in 4 games.

The kid would look disgusting with horvat on 2nd line

dal colle

Yeah but I'd rather find out how much Mr Draisaitl is benching in July than Mr McCann.

You are right though, as crappy as this season has gone, it's pretty exciting going into this off season with a top ten pick plus a signing like fox. Potential Kesler deal for future stars ect.

My dream is Kesler gets flipped for pouliot 1st and whatever else. Instant excitement right there. Kid with the ability to be the next Duncan Keith. Late first we take Lemieux. Assuming we don't fall to 5th, with our first we get Ritchie.

2 hard to play against forwards built to compete in our division and the puck moving dman we've always wanted.

If gillis gets that done, I'll purchase google glasses and wear em under my welding helmet all summer to argue with stubborn CDCers haha

AHAH slightly dangerous but I like it!

If we end up picking 10-12 and draft MR McCann though I would not be too disappointed he could be quite a steal. Although Mr Draisaitl or a Mr Dal Colle would bring me immense amounts of excitement every day of summer aha!

I really hope we trade Kesler to Pits for Pouliot there first and + And with their pick depending on where they finish I would would really want one of the three ruskies or Roland McKeown!

Three Ruskies: Barbashev/Scherbak/Goldobin

I think Barbashev and Scherbak have very little KHL factor risk, I think goldobin could have some, for if his play without the puck and def game doesnt improve he could get frustrated than bolt

I really like Barbashev and Scherbak though, would love to leave draft day with:

Pouliot - From Kesler trade

Leon or Michael - Drafted 6th - with a miracle

Scherbak - Drafted 25th - Pits pick from kesler trade

Lemieux or Cornel - Drafted 36th

Would be a great day..you wouldnt even go to work allll summer!

Archived