The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If true about Bennett, some people will see that as a lack of dedication, I work with young athletes and the golfers can do more than 3 pull-ups in proper form.

He could drop.... Maybe to 6.... Set him up with Sedin boys for the summer, training.

It wasn't that he couldn't do any. He did 3 but each one didn't qualify due to bad form. So while still pretty weak at least he can do a few, just not with good form

It shows immaturity to me. His team was eliminated from the playoffs two full months ago. That is two full months to train he obviously didn't have very good guidance. The combine tests were well know to anyone who bothered investigating them.

NHL also posted this on their twitter account if any of guys didn't notice.

Bo6ut-yIAAA_AN5.jpg

NHL Combine selfie :lol:

Left to right:

Virtanen, ____ , Dal Colle, Bennett, Ekblad

Who's 2nd from left?

Nicholas Ritchie

I really doubt that is true. He plays in a mens league, i'm sure he can do a pull-up.

I dont know why I said Bennett plays in a mens league. I thought we were talking about Kapanen for some reason...

Nope, it is true. He confirms it and TSN has footage of it.

But what does that ultimately mean? Pretty much nothing.

Yea, found the video of him saying he cant do it. http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=622708&catid=4

Nick Ritchie interview

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=622716&catid=4

:S

I think it drops Bennett's stock if he can't manage a pull up... ya, it's not completely relevant to the game, but this is a guy who despite his skill is prided on his pushback. How hard can you push back if you can't pull up?

We should still take him if he falls, but I think this destroys any possibility of him going 1st. It's a shame.

Thank you for the Vids! It's funny how some of these young players remind me of some of the players on the Canucks when they get interviewed in terms of demeanour, and the way they speak lol. Ritchie is Kassian, Nylander is like Daniel and Henrik(He even scratches his neck and face when answering a question), and MDC is like Lou lol(ex Canuck).

:S

I think it drops Bennett's stock if he can't manage a pull up... ya, it's not completely relevant to the game, but this is a guy who despite his skill is prided on his pushback. How hard can you push back if you can't pull up?

We should still take him if he falls, but I think this destroys any possibility of him going 1st. It's a shame.

It is possible but might not deter teams from him. This might be a bigger plus actually, because that means there is plenty of growth to occur. It he is able to be so dominant in the OHL against pretty good competition while not being super well trained, imagine what he could be like when he is fully developed and trained?

There is room to grow and scouts/teams are looking not only for NHL ready players but players that can grow in many ways. Not saying that not being able to do any pull ups is a good thing, but it certainly isn't terrible either.

Once Bennett puts on some major strength and muscle to his body he will be a stud of a player.

He mentions that he has a pretty good Idea of where he is going. What I gather from this response is that one of the top 6 teams drafting may have mentioned that they are going to pick him if he's available. I'm pretty sure Florida, Buff, and Edm will pass which leaves Cal, NY, and us. I have a strong feeling it's us, or NY that will select him.

Archived