The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

would you rather Patrick kane or milan lucic?

I like Nylander and Ehlers but we're picking Ritchie, Kane is a phenom and you all need to come back to earth when you assume the danglers you're seeing in EU leagues and the Q will be evn close to him..

Kane had 175 points in the OHL in 74 games, case mother ???? closed.

I will second this for a simple reason.

It is much easier to lift yourself off the ground at 175 pounds than it is at 230.

Yeah i agree but nylanders excellent combine was due to his leg strength, balance and hand-eye not pullups

This is true, but at the same time, that's not all Nylander did....

How do you explain his ranking top ten in leg power?

You guys really make your case but it's not happening in the Pacific Division

I like Nylander and Ehlers but we're picking Ritchie, Kane is a phenom and you all need to come back to earth when you assume the danglers you're seeing in EU leagues and the Q will be evn close to him..

why are you so sold we are taking Ritchie? cause he is big? lol Nylander has dominated offensively against men already. All Ritchie done has protected the puck with his fat. We have Kassian already we have no prospect near Nylander caliber yet. Not to mention the fact thatNylander has a great support system and the sedins could bring him up.

You can ignore their posts. Just click on your user name at the top right of the page and select "Manage Ignore Prefs". Not having to see the few posters on here who are constantly running their shtick is really quite nice.

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman

Wow none of the top 10 are good at anything.

joke of an event.

Not at all just shows how those who are less talented must work harder to compensate for that and when those top talented players work hard they are stars.

My one concern about Nylander was whether he was just a naturally skilled guy who inherited his father's skill and wasn't dedicated to the game.

The results at the combine completely quashed that concern. He's a true pro.

Yea, I found all the prospects actually handled themselves very professionally considering they are all kids, I was impressed by their interviews shown on the oilers page.

And Nylander clearly takes his training seriously, he is going to be a strong player, softness will not be an issue for him I believe.

Nylander is a 17yo dangling men in the 2nd/3rd best pro league, by the time he is ready for the nhl i see no reason why his game Wouldn't translate...Do you?

why are you so sold we are taking Ritchie? cause he is big? lol Nylander has dominated offensively against men already. All Ritchie done has protected the puck with his fat. We have Kassian already we have no prospect near Nylander caliber yet. Not to mention the fact thatNylander has a great support system and the sedins could bring him up.

You'd think I'd be wanting Ritchie because along with his size he plays a complete game, and is damn fast for a 230lb on skates.

Yea it's just cuz he's big durrrrr Lucic need now

Nylander is a 17yo dangling men in the 2nd/3rd best pro league, by the time he is ready for the nhl i see no reason why his game Wouldn't translate...Do you?

Did you just vomit that response, I donno how I didn't address that.

He isn't dominating the smaller rink with NHL defenders.

Chicago is not a big team yet they are one win away from the scf and have two stanely cups.... see size is not the only thing needed in the west.

Yea they drafted the antithesis to the big team.

Do you think Nylander is like Kane, if so then we should stop talking.

I don't want Ritchie, we don't need him. We already have that in Kassian.

Only skilled offensive guys in the system are Jensen and Shinkaruk, both of which are late 1sts.

Move up or draft one of the skilled offensive guys, High risk high reward.

Yea they drafted the antithesis to the big team.

Do you think Nylander is like Kane, if so then we should stop talking.

No i dont i think nylander is kane, i think nylander is nylander, he can dangle like the puck is tied to his stick, he can skate like the wind, he can pass tape to tape with perfection, and he can score what more do you want?

lol Ritchie was probably one of the worst in the combine. suck it up he is lazy and not what this team needs. it will be one of the top 5 or Nylander. Better get ready for it. Only way we get Ritchie is with the 10th overall pick from ana

I so hope you're right.

You guys really make your case but it's not happening in the Pacific Division

How do you know that in 3-4 years that the Pacific will still be big and tough hockey? Looking at what the Pacific team drafted lately I think we should be going with speed to match up with them.

Dallas - Nichushkin

LA - Zykov

SJ - Mueller

ANA - Theodore

Doesn't look like they are going the big and tough way in drafting.

I don't want Ritchie, we don't need him. We already have that in Kassian.

Only skilled offensive guys in the system are Jensen and Shinkaruk, both of which are late 1sts.

Move up or draft one of the skilled offensive guys, High risk high reward.

Ritchie plays three times the physical game Kass does, with a better shot.

If anything Kassian is the set up man and Ritchie is the Sniper, both creating tons of space on the ice for Horvat.

No i dont i think nylander is kane, i think nylander is nylander, he can dangle like the puck is tied to his stick, he can skate like the wind, he can pass tape to tape with perfection, and he can score what more do you want?

I guess Iam saying the translation into the NHL isn't as smooth as you've all made it out to be.

If we acknowledged it was a risk of him playing the game he does in the NHL you say he does, and I say he doesn't I've seen his footage and the defenders play worse than Stanton and Weber on terrible days.

I see Nyland and Ehlers as solid 25 goal 60 point scorers on Eastern teams, but we need Ritchie to mold into a Neely and take our team to the promise land with his speed and shot.

How do you know that in 3-4 years that the Pacific will still be big and tough hockey? Looking at what the Pacific team drafted lately I think we should be going with speed to match up with them.

Dallas - Nichushkin

LA - Zykov

SJ - Mueller

ANA - Theodore

Doesn't look like they are going the big and tough way in drafting.

Nichuskin is 205 lbs tips,

And yea SJ La and ANaheim are already big enough.

Archived