The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you have to state the fact you're trolling, you're not actually trolling. You just sound like you've been caught being stupid and you're blaming it on an attempt to troll.

Ya, cause comparing players to game of thrones characters and commenting on Ritchie's biceps isn't trolling. Come on man, try a little harder, it was a veiled attempt at best.

I didnt get that out of that article..he said Virtanen at 43...which means he thinks he is 43???

He was on TV talking about it. He thinks Virt is a Raffi Torres type player, doesn't think will translate into a good top 6 player. Sees him in bottom 6. Hence 43. Says certain teams see him as top 6 which is why he will go first round

He was on TV talking about it. He thinks Virt is a Raffi Torres type player, doesn't think will translate into a good top 6 player. Sees him in bottom 6. Hence 43. Says certain teams see him as top 6 which is why he will go first round

yeah,, right..come draft day. Virt will go a lot quicker than 43...He is 1st round..so whatever.

yeah,, right..come draft day. Virt will go a lot quicker than 43...He is 1st round..so whatever.

I am not a big button guy, actually can't stand him. But I think there is validity to what he says, I see Virt as a guy that at best 2nd line winger more than likely good 3rd liner.

Only time will tell

Button actually thinks we're taking Virtanen according to the latest mock draft of his Mike. 'Craig's List' isn't his mock draft, it's his actual prospect ranking. He actually THINKS Virtanen is a second round talent, but he KNOWS a lot of teams like him very high.

Wasn't Button the one who oversaw the complete demise of the Flames when he was GM there. Who would listen to anything that guy has to say

I am not a big button guy, actually can't stand him. But I think there is validity to what he says, I see Virt as a guy that at best 2nd line winger more than likely good 3rd liner.

Only time will tell

If you actually think Virtanen will go in the 40s...my gawd...I wouldnt be surprised if the Nux took him at 6...although. he isnt my fav...I want Ritchie..Ehlers/Draistl and Virt

Only time will tell

Raffe Torres.

However, if we develop him properly he could end up a poor mans Dustin Brown as a winger.

I have Ehlers above Dal Colle, Ehlers has more offensive skill and doesn't play with Drouin, Dal Colle plays on a line with 2 draftees in Cassels and Laughton. Dal Colle is a great player but Ehlers is individually a better hockey player.

At even strength, MDC only played with Cassels and Laughton for a brief period of time, a month and half. MDC spent most of his time with Smith and Sterk, or Latour and Cassels. In fact, he had more success and chemistry with Sterk and Cassels than he did with Laughton.

I think anyone who actively watched MDC would say he made those around him much better instead of leaching off of them.

IMO, MDC is a better hockey player than Ehlers.

If you actually think Virtanen will go in the 40s...my gawd...I wouldnt be surprised if the Nux took him at 6...although. he isnt my fav...I want Ritchie..Ehlers/Draistl and Virt

There must be a large reason why Button doesn't like Virtanen's game.

I have yet to hear him articulate why though.

Edit: just saw Dr Chill's post a few above.

Raffe Torres.

However, if we develop him properly he could end up a poor mans Dustin Brown as a winger.

If or 6th pick, whoever that is, turns out to be like Torres or Brown that's a big win. I think everyone here drastically overvalues: Nylander, Ritchie, Virtanen, and Ehlers. We will be lucky if we draft an above average second liner.

If or 6th pick, whoever that is, turns out to be like Torres or Brown that's a big win. I think everyone here drastically overvalues: Nylander, Ritchie, Virtanen, and Ehlers. We will be lucky if we draft an above average second liner.

God I hope not. A full fledged Brown ok but not a poor mans.

No I think he will go in top 20. He will make an impact early as a fast exciting player but I think he will top out on potential quick.... Who knows though.

Raffe Torres.

Maybe. See a lot more high end potential in other players. I would be ok with Virt at 10, at 6 not really.

Essentially. Getting a player, preferably one who plays over 500 games, is the biggest issue.

When drafting high, like we are this year, there is the expectation that you must get a top end player but it often doesn't work out that way.

It's not always in the hands of the drafting team, due to injuries and various other obstacles, but the teams who consistently get at least a high quality role player are the ones who can spare assets later in trades or can allow certain players to walk in UFA rather than overpaying them.

It's hard to build with high risk prospects.

I think the 4 players you mentioned are sure fire...it just depends on which way you want to go...I want 3 of them...ehlers.Ritchie and Virt

Archived