The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Women's Hockey Gold Game

SabreFan1

If the U.S. girls couldn't win this one then I really don't think the men are going to win theirs. I don't know what it is but it seems like the Miracle on Ice used up all the American luck for Olympic Hockey and it'll be like twenty more years before they can finally catch a golden break.

Americans can't handle the pressure, seen it before....Canada all over them late, just couldn't handle it.

And the American goalie lacking some hockey knowledge, why was she so far out on the 4 on 3 pp? Canada just kept passing it making her move but always had room because she was so far out

Lol, I hate the US as much as the next guy, but that first penalty against them was pretty weak.

Didn't matter...the linesman also blocked us out and things happened for either side. Hayley should have had a penalty shot...so don't just make reference to one incident. Don't diminish this in any way...was a great comeback win.

um, yeah, ok.

"The Clarkson Cup is an ice hockey trophy, which since 2009 has been awarded to the winner of the Canadian Women's Hockey Championship. Like the Stanley Cup, it was created by and named after a former Governor General of Canada: Adrienne Clarkson.

Though initially awarded in 2006 to the Canadian national women's hockey team, it was intended to be awarded to the top women's club in Canada. From 2006 to 2008, it was not awarded, owing to a number of rights issues between Clarkson, Hockey Canada, and the artists responsible for making the trophy.[1] Beginning in 2009, the Clarkson Cup has been awarded, as intended, to the top women's club team."

Archived