The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Women's Hockey Gold Game

SabreFan1

whats up with all this usa bashing ??? what the hell ... its embarrassing ... have some grace when you win ..

As i'm not really involved: in my opninion it's hilarious

(ok i'm not a big fan of the US and several Americans i have met in my life, so i might be biased)

And bad refereeing: have you seen some other events during the Olympics? During skiathlon the guy from Norway clearly interferred with the russian (he changed lane although it is forbidden), they protested, nothing happened. It's always the same

Sorry deb, I missed the forum rule that states that I have to agree with you about everything. I think the officiating wasn't very good, but whatever, just move on I guess.

Don't pull that crap...nothing about the rules or agreeing with everything and that was a weak response/deflection.

You don't have to agree...but nothing in the forum rules state I have to either. :)

Not at all.

Just changing your tune and I called you out. :)

Why would anybody want to be Canadian? **insert funny and slightly offensive for effect joke here**. USA USA USA!!!

Seems like you took this game a bit more seriously than you're now trying to claim. It's all good, we didn't win or lose, the ladies on the ice did. And we should be good sports either way, for it was one helluva game, it's one helluva rivalry and we can ALL be proud in that! :) Shake?

*shake* Last note, I've been trash talking since yesterday not just today. Wait until the men's game... lol

Lol SabresFan, you are a cool guy from the looks of it but don't so such a sore loser lol. You started the smack talk in the thread so we got every right to give it back no offense...take it like a man ;)

I'm not mad at all. Ask anybody here who knows me.

obviously it is, hockey was created here...Hate the fans that always need to point this out. The one and only sport Canada is good at, you brag like no tomorrow. Yet a sport like soccer that the entire world plays, Canada sucks at and no one cares or talks about that lol

And why would anyone celebrate losing at a sport? Common sense. Just shutup cause you clearly are trying to make the atmosphere gloomy and last time I checked, Canada women's soccer team is the best...just look at the rigging the US did to win there lol.

Guest Gumballthechewy

You've missed a lot of context.

We love Sabresfan.

Sabresfan asked (literally) for some good old fashioned trash talking in the men's thread.

It's all in good, rivalry fun.

Oh, my bad.

Well then Saberfan1, your women's hockey team smells bad and your men's team is ugly!

How'd I do? :P

That's my point. Missed calls, 'even-up' calls, those are the hallmarks of bad officiating. If a ref misses a call, they shouldn't be trying to 'make it up' by calling infractions that aren't deserving. But Canada won, so who gives a crap about the integrity of the sport. You know I am right. If this was a USA gold under the same conditions, people would be having fits.

Agreed. Canada won, then the refs did a good job. If USA won, everybody would have been up in arms, complaining about the refs.

*shake* Last note, I've been trash talking since yesterday not just today. Wait until the men's game... lol

Personally, I've enjoyed your good natured trash talking. I don't find it any different than what my buddies and I do on the golf course. It's all in good fun and none of it appeared to get nasty or personal.

And it will be even more fun once the American men are relegated to the bronze medal game tomorrow.

obviously it is, hockey was created here...Hate the fans that always need to point this out. The one and only sport Canada is good at, you brag like no tomorrow. Yet a sport like soccer that the entire world plays, Canada sucks at and no one cares or talks about that lol

So don't all teams/countries celebrate, do a lil trash talking when they win? We're no different than anybody else, now don't crash our party.

It's a great day for Canadian women all round....woke up early to see JJ claim her gold in true champion style by going undefeated. Now this comeback win. If we can't be happy and celebrate, there's really no point in even bothering?

Archived