The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Women's Hockey Gold Game

SabreFan1

Gotta bust your chops on this one but I found it ironic that you said that while having a footnote photo on your posting of Ryan Kesler. Kesler as you know is part of team USA and is wearing the silver that you are making fun of. So you're ripping on your own player. Might want to rethink that one.

So what? Silver looks just as good on Kesler as it does Kane, Kessel, Quick etc lol. I don't care who it is, it always looks good on the US :lol:

Sports aside, you just dont put a nations flag on the floor and walk all over it that is so disrespectful on so many levels. Again I wasn't there so I can't be 100% sure but if that was the case then that's a heaping helping of karma served ice cold.

agreed

I don't think so, I don't like the idea of championships won with special plays, like shootouts or shortened periods or 4-on-4, anything like that, just 20 minutes of 5-on-5 until someone scores.

I like my hockey old school.

True enough, but, why bother play 4 on 4 during the regular season?

After all, 4 on 4 does come up during regular play as well (off setting penalties).

Might as well incorporate that in the playoffs - games will be a lot more exciting.

Right now, if no one scores in the first 5 minutes or so, watching a NHL playoff OT is like watching paint dry...both teams sit back...wait for the other team to make a mistake....

Shoot out, I agree, this is a team sport.

Gotta bust your chops on this one but I found it ironic that you said that while having a footnote photo on your posting of Ryan Kesler. Kesler as you know is part of team USA and is wearing the silver that you are making fun of. So you're ripping on your own player. Might want to rethink that one.

You clearly were not here for the Vancouver Olympics. Kesler was enemy number 1 in this town and is again.

Till he sports his Canuck colors again.

Sports aside, you just dont put a nations flag on the floor and walk all over it that is so disrespectful on so many levels. Again I wasn't there so I can't be 100% sure but if that was the case then that's a heaping helping of karma served ice cold.

It didn't happen.

I thought that whole flag on the floor thing from 2010 had later been revealed to be a false rumour?

Taking the sig off for tomorrow. Don't worry about that.

Kesler might be a Canuck, but right now it's about Canada.

Someone please explain why athletes always pose for photos with the olympic medal in their mouth like they are taking a bite out of it. Is metal supposed to taste good?

Biting gold was what they did during the gold rush to ensure it was real.

Anytime you pose with gold, it's common to do that to show what you are posing with.

Anytime you pose with gold, it's common to do that to show what you are posing with.

Interesting - never knew that. Although I would bet it's not real gold they are getting - maybe 10k gold plated at best. :)

Just to add to that a bit, it's a tradition because gold is such a soft metal that, according to some misinformation, you tell that it's genuine gold by biting it to see if your teeth sink in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't this actually works and it's pretty much just symbolic to bite it.

Archived