The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Heritage Classic] Ottawa @ Vancouver | 03/02/14 |

Drouin

Holy crap - I knew tickets for this were selling bad, but I didn't think they were doing THAT bad. I was just walking down Robson and they were giving away HUNDREDS of tickets to anybody and everybody. I walked away with 4

wth.... they could have sold them for $50 each and ppl will buy.. i know alot of ppl are looking for tickets but under $80..

Holy crap - I knew tickets for this were selling bad, but I didn't think they were doing THAT bad. I was just walking down Robson and they were giving away HUNDREDS of tickets to anybody and everybody. I walked away with 4

Say what?!! I want free tickets too!! If the canucks had hundreds to give away, why didn't they give them to the minor hockey kids after the contest screwup?

So we should be rewarding Luongo with this game instead of going with the goalie that's playing better?

I think the chances that this relationship was gonna end well ended long ago. The Canucks could care less about making Lu happy. They wanna win.

Lack gives us the best chance to win right now. End of story.

Even Lou Lamoriello saw to it that Brodeur played in Nassau Colisium. This game is not just a regular season game...it's a side-show spectacle like the fair & ferris wheel coming to town...and the stars NEED to be featured.

For some folks this is the only 'Nucks game they'll see live. it's an event about honouring stars & teams....past & present...& Luongo is of those. Good grief...the Stanley Cup isn't riding on this game. Give us Lu!

wrong, 2 points are more important than any of the side show stuff. Lack is hot, ride the hot hand

I try to do my part. :)

Sad thing is, if these people get their way and drive Luo out they'll be calling for Lack's head next unless the TEAM changes their play. Remember when Luo was hurt near the end of December and had only 1 start in the first half of the month of January? Well, during that time Lack had 9 starts and had 3 or 4 goals against during 5 of them.

In fact, during the month of January, Lack had 8 starts, was pulled once and allowed 22 goals. During the same month, Luo had 7 starts and allowed 18 goals. Both went to OT or a SO twice. Does that sound like Lack is just outplaying Luo? No, to those of us paying attention, it sound like both goalies were doing their best with a struggling team in front of them and know that it's the team's issues that need to be addressed, not either of the goalies.

buddy i have nothing against Lu and i never said hes playing terrible but facts are facts now we are in a tight stretch and since the start of january Lack has been playing better, Lu hasnt been terrible, but he hasnt been stellar and lack in many games has been 1 goal against losses and shutouts ect to Lus current streak of 3+ goals against in his last 6 games.... and you talked about pucks bouncing in off our D and stuff ,alot of that couldve been combated by better rebound control which right now Lack is absorbing damn near everything.. .. lack had to face the hardest stretch of our schedule while Lu sat out hurt....if you want to really look at whos been better since the start of january.... here we go

Eddie lack GP 11 GA 24 GAA 2.1 those games included starts against....in order TBL,ANA,PIT,STL,LAK,ANA,PHX,WPG,DET,STL,MIN

Luongo GP 10 GA 28 GAA 2.8 those games included starts against in order

LA,CGY,EDM,NSH,PHX,EDM,CHI,BOS,MTL,TOR

collectively lack played the better opponents 9 of 11 games vs teams currently in a playoff spot.... Luongo only 5 of 10 games were vs playoff teams...

and yes both goalies are doing their best with a struggling team in front of them.....lack is just doing a better job... and clearly the guy with the stanley cup ring and get paid millions also agrees. but i guess the coaching staff isn't paying attention too right?

If this is Torts decision and he made it alone (without input from MG)... I've got to think that Gillis is not happy cuz Torts put him in a hard place ... serious tension between MG and Luongo relationship.

UNLESS of course, MG is working on a deal for Luongo, then MG directed Torts to play Lack to ensure no injury would ruin any pending deal.

Let's see how this saga turns out. Maybe a reporter can ask Kesler what HE thinks.

wrong, 2 points are more important than any of the side show stuff. Lack is hot, ride the hot hand

All things being equal tho'...ya start Lu. Lu played well in his op at the Olympics. He'd be motivated. Unless there's some new divide & a complete implosion or abdication of leadership in that dressing room...the other goalie had the last loss....so why not tap Lu for this one? The optics are meaningful....and not being able to recognize that at a time such as this...has consequences.

Even Lou Lamoriello saw to it that Brodeur played in Nassau Colisium. This game is not just a regular season game...it's a side-show spectacle like the fair & ferris wheel coming to town...and the stars NEED to be featured.

For some folks this is the only 'Nucks game they'll see live. It's an event about honouring stars & teams....past & present...& Luongo is of those. Good grief...give us Lu!

it was Yankee Stadium. I was there at the game.

anyway, too much snow in soldiers field, but the spectacle is nice.

hope nux don't wet the bed and play a competitive game.

A week ago nobody gave a crap about the winter classic and it was just another game.

Now Luongo doesn't get the start and it's the biggest game of the season and a slap in the face to Lu.

Fans really will complain about anything in this city.

For Canucks' Kassian, outdoor play rite of childhood:

For Vancouver Canucks forward Zack Kassian, growing up in southern Ontario on the shores of Lake Erie meant building a rink and playing a lot of outdoor hockey every winter.

It also meant coming up with creative ways to maintain the ice.

"We built a rink every year," Kassian said. "We used to get out there with our shovels and clean it every night and then we'd even drill little holes so some water would surface to kind of re-flood itself."

Kassian said they used a regular drill with a thicker, longer bit to drill deep enough into the ice each night that the pressure would force water up onto the surface and ensure a smooth sheet the next morning, effectively acting like Mother Nature's Zamboni.

"It took care of itself overnight," Kassian said.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=706981&cmpid=nhl-twt

BhqfQ6ZIgAEJWcn.jpg

Let me guess, you're a Luongo hater.

I bet if Luongo played last night and let the same goal in that Lack did - you would have been calling for his head and saying, bad timing we needed a save there - why can't he make the big save? Soft goal every game....etc...etc...

Bunch of bloody hypocrites.

Do me a favour and go cheer for the Flames.

Archived