The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not Starting Lou Classless & embarrassing to the Player and Organization another big black eye

CrashCanuck

Guest Cuporbust2

I wonder what would people say if Lack won that game? Get over yourselves, Torts made a decision to WIN a game. It has nothing to do with sentimentality and Luongo being the franchise goalie not playing the game. If you haven't seen lately, the Nucks are hovering around that 8th seed just barely. So in the words of John Tortorella. SHUT YER YAP. Nothing but whiners on here. FFS.

Not to mention supporting your starter that was probably let down a little he didn't play as much as he would have liked in Sochi. I know Lu understood that move as price was playing lights out , but this was seriously just unreal. Little things like this make all the difference. If tororella really diesnt have the mental aptitude to understand what the problem is he should never get hired as a coach again.

Only in an inaccurate but catchy song.

If you're grumpy with the "poor Luo story" that may be in part because you don't hear the rest of the story.

So we'll definitely have to agree to disagree. But look at that. We finally agreed on something! :)

Oh I've heard the rest of the story alright. It's just not written very well. :P

Guest Cuporbust2

I suspect torts was brought in to help some of our guys waive their ntcs including lou.

Bwahahahahahahahaha. Good call

Here's the Luongo link, SN was playing it back to back with the Kesler "trade request denial" interview last week. Thought it was pretty funny myself.

http://www.sportsnet...ants-to-or-not/

Funny "advice" that his coach and/or GM may not have found quite as funny.

To quote a poster above who is critical of Tortorella for his decision:

"Little things like this make all the difference."

Luo can talk about trying to keep it in the locker room until he's blue in the face - what he does is spill it in the scrum time and time again, and then feel sorry for himself when the team's interests come before his.

i can drum up a million examples of stars and vets getting sat in big situations for a hot hand / hot bat/ recent performance or back ups riding a little streak with their being no problem what so ever...... if it wasn't for this ridiculous money grab BC place game + luongo standing in front of the media with puppy dog eyes talking about how much he wanted to play in this trumped up BS game no one would care....

I have been pretty happy with the moves Torts has made this year but not starting Louie in such an important game as you said was both classless and stupid. Twice this year you have started Lack over Louie in supposed big games both times we have lost. I have to ask what are you thinking.Lack is the backup whether we go 7 rounds in the shootout or has 2 back to back solid efforts. He is not your bread and butter guy. Now you've put Luongo in a very embarrassing spot that a veteran proven classy guy does not deserve to be. Again the Canuck organization has crap the bed with a classless move that will be the laugh of all the league. Good luck trying to get in the playoffs this last move will serve as the last straw for this team making to the post season.U guys might as well trade Kesler and give Luongo away and any other guys we have that have served us for so many years well. You continue to embarrass players publicly it is embarrassing to have an ownership group who treats its players as such. Come on Gillis Torts give your egos and heads a shake. I have been a Canuck fan since day one and this is almost as bad as the Bill Laforge and Mike Keenan eras. Disgusted long time fan

Okay no stop defending Luongo like he has been playing unbelievable. I am not a Lu hater I like Lu always have always will but I am not going to go blow smoke up his ass. He has been average at best and when a backup comes in and plays lights out and the team needs wins then the hot goalie goes in the net. This is about making the god damn playoffs not about trying to make someone feel good.

Not to mention supporting your starter that was probably let down a little he didn't play as much as he would have liked in Sochi. I know Lu understood that move as price was playing lights out , but this was seriously just unreal. Little things like this make all the difference. If tororella really diesnt have the mental aptitude to understand what the problem is he should never get hired as a coach again.

or maybe if luongo needs to be handled with kid gloves all the time maybe he shouldnt be a pro hockey player .... he gets paid (quite well mind you ) to do what is asked of him from the coaches and management and they are trying to do whats best for the team game in game out not worry about one mentally fragile goalies feelings.. imagine a coach in a pro sport unable to do what he wants to do and dress the line up as he sees fit because he has a player on the team that will melt down .. thats bush league....

Okay no stop defending Luongo like he has been playing unbelievable. I am not a Lu hater I like Lu always have always will but I am not going to go blow smoke up his ass. He has been average at best and when a backup comes in and plays lights out and the team needs wins then the hot goalie goes in the net. This is about making the god damn playoffs not about trying to make someone feel good.

Right, because this team is looking so poised to really rip It up in the playoffs alright.

And what does it matter to say they need to win games.. lack LOST the game, so how would playing Lu have been any worse?

What IS worse is that NOT starting Lu has caused another huge rift and distraction for the team, pissed off fans and alienated both goaltenders.. Worst that would have happened if they played Lu is that they would have lost and that'd be the end of it..

But geniuses like yourself I'm sure don't even consider these things.. You're still stuck on playoffs of all things. Way to follow the team closely and make brain dead comments.keep it up *thumbsup*

or maybe if luongo needs to be handled with kid gloves all the time maybe he shouldnt be a pro hockey player .... he gets paid (quite well mind you ) to do what is asked of him from the coaches and management and they are trying to do whats best for the team game in game out not worry about one mentally fragile goalies feelings.. imagine a coach in a pro sport unable to do what he wants to do and dress the line up as he sees fit because he has a player on the team that will melt down .. thats bush league....

Lou has ALWAYS had to be handled with kid gloves which is why he a) got the monster contract in order to convince him that he should stay in Van B) being named captain which was ridiculous and c) trading Schneider again in order to convince Lou that he should stay in Van despite every indication that he would much rather elsewhere. Simply put he seems to demand special treatment no matter how good or bad he plays. This despite the fact that he has never won a single individual award in the NHL (and his Jennings win with Schneider was a result of Schneider having better numbers than him that year). He's a spoiled crybaby.

There's an element within the Canucks fans that worship Luongo, he can do no wrong in their minds. He's a good goalie, but he's one man on the team and the following is disproportionate to his role. The constant serenading the player with chants of Luo elevates him to all star status and that he is not. Fans seem to swoon over the guy and often over look the rest of the roster and when some thing happens they don't like the howls are also disproportionate. He has 2 legs just like every one else and if he wasn't idolized like he is the highs and lows of his career wouldn't be noticed so much. Now these same fans not content to make Luo a God like player are starting to destroy Lacks & his future in Vcr. They are truly making Vcr a goalies graveyard. As much as Luo is a good goalie I'll be glad when he's gone the distraction he has caused is making a mockery of the team and the city. You'all might think he's the greatest but he was deffinatley #2 in Sochi according to the "expert" coaching staff

Yeah. Torts lost some credibility here. And him trying to justify his move, post-game, was just laughable. Almost uncomfortable.

The thing with these games is that you play your #1 goalie, end of story. Luongo has all the reasons in the world to want out of here.

There's an element within the Canucks fans that worship Luongo, he can do no wrong in their minds. He's a good goalie, but he's one man on the team and the following is disproportionate to his role. The constant serenading the player with chants of Luo elevates him to all star status and that he is not. Fans seem to swoon over the guy and often over look the rest of the roster and when some thing happens they don't like the howls are also disproportionate. He has 2 legs just like every one else and if he wasn't idolized like he is the highs and lows of his career wouldn't be noticed so much. Now these same fans not content to make Luo a God like player are starting to destroy Lacks & his future in Vcr. They are truly making Vcr a goalies graveyard. As much as Luo is a good goalie I'll be glad when he's gone the distraction he has caused is making a mockery of the team and the city. You'all might think he's the greatest but he was deffinatley #2 in Sochi according to the "expert" coaching staff

You're entitled to your perceptions and opinions on the whole Luongo scenario, of course.

But you lose all credibility with your last statement. You make it sound humiliating to be #2 on the greatest hockey team in the world. I don't think Lu minded and neither would any other elite NHL goalie. I'd say Lu being #2 on that team was pretty great.

Right, because this team is looking so poised to really rip It up in the playoffs alright.

And what does it matter to say they need to win games.. lack LOST the game, so how would playing Lu have been any worse?

What IS worse is that NOT starting Lu has caused another huge rift and distraction for the team, pissed off fans and alienated both goaltenders.. Worst that would have happened if they played Lu is that they would have lost and that'd be the end of it..

But geniuses like yourself I'm sure don't even consider these things.. You're still stuck on playoffs of all things. Way to follow the team closely and make brain dead comments.keep it up *thumbsup*

Tortorella was brought in here to make the team win. That's his job and he is going to do what he thinks gives the team the best chance to win. Regardless of what your or my personal opinions on whether this team is good enough to win in the playoffs are irrelevant.

How do you know that if Lu was playing he wouldn't of let in 5 goals? To sit here and argue what ifs with you is completely meaningless. Lack was playing very good and stealing games when you only have so many games left and your goal is to make the playoffs you ride the hot hand.

It started a rift because Lu acts like a little girl anytime he doesn't get what he wants. "I really wanted to play in the outdoor game", this isn't about Luongo getting what he wants its about the team and whats best for the team. And to be honest with you Lu hasn't really blown me away with his play this year. Look at Schneider in NJ okay he got told he was number 1 here then he gets traded to pretty much the same situation he was in here and look what he did he let his goal-tending do the talking he dethroned Brodeur. Lu has not done that, he has been average and average with this teams ability to score is not good enough.

Okay kid this deserves a separate quotation.

Your points that you made are ridiculously stupid and I don't refer to myself as a genius but I can understand why you think I might be when when you compare me to yourself. Now then,

I follow this team way more closely than you do and I have stated many times on this forum, and else where, that this team is far from a Stanley cup favorite. I've stated many times that Edler, Garrison, Burrows, Hansen and Booth (if possible) should all be traded either at the trade deadline or at the draft to create a very quick rebuild and come back next year with a much better chance to win the Stanley cup.

Dont panic guys Lu will certainly start on Tuesday Torts is right we have two grreat goaltenders and he just starts the goalie that gives them the best chance to win even Torts said it after the Heritage classic we will win the cup this year :towel:

Archived