The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not Starting Lou Classless & embarrassing to the Player and Organization another big black eye

CrashCanuck

Lu getting shafted count (some might be justified):

- getting traded by NYI to make way for Rick Dipietro

- getting stripped of 'C' by Canucks

- losing Game 6 starts against CHI and BOS in 2011 playoffs

- getting told he was traded and then trading other guy

- losing starting job for 2014 Olympics despite posting shutout

- being passed over for Heritage Classic for backup goalie

Feel free to add others.

okay to make things short, here is what it all winds down to. Mr Tortorella is playing "Who wants to be a Millionaire coach" and he just used up 2/3 of his life lines; 1) "50/50" on all the decisions he made so far eversince he stepped foot into Vancouver and 1/2 of them just aren't working for the team 2) "ask the audience" well, so far 99% of the audience ranging from experts to regular Joes being asked about his recent stunt can tell you he got another wrong answer to the question. SOOOOOOOOOO.. last life line for him, "call a friend", well he better hope whoever he's calling or his buddy MG is calling will save them and the team from hitting the golf course early or he can pack his bags and fly far far far away from this city.

honestly, who the heck really respects him anyways? He's just full of shiat, I mean he should at least do himself or save himself a tiny particle of respect and admit that his decision might not have been the best and move on rather then go on about he'll do it over again. Ummm.. if have to do it over again, I don't think it's your call anymore? Like I said, I don't see any players dressed in the 'Nucks uniforms will really want to play for this guy and they are not going to buy into his formula anymore. If the organization still want to save abit of hope for this team to go anymore before the Sedins and all the core players disappeared from this team, it's time to find a coach that will fit into the players after this season.

You should have been paying attention for the last 3 years.

I have been. Can you name any time Lu hasn't gotten the start when the other goalie has had inferior numbers to his? If he wanted special treatment, then maybe he has been mistreated. The thing is, he signed the contract expecting to be a number one. He lost his starting positions fair and square. How is that being mistreated.

Boom booom booooom

Lu getting shafted count (some might be justified):

- getting traded by NYI to make way for Rick Dipietro

- being passed over for Heritage Classic for backup goalie

Feel free to add others.

Groundhog%20day_01.jpg

Seeing this now going down to me is all the more reason he should have been played in Heritage Classic.. if this was in the works, why not play him as an act of gratitude for all that he's done for this organization.

I'm so pissed off with the Canucks organization right now.. fools.

Seeing this now going down to me is all the more reason he should have been played in Heritage Classic.. if this was in the works, why not play him as an act of gratitude for all that he's done for this organization.

Yeah! How dare MG work on this deal on and off for two and a half years, send Lu to the PERFECT destination and even retain salary to make it happen?!

What a dick! :picard:

Yes they sholud have started him, so he could get hurt, and ruin the trade. Quote "Fool"

Basically this

"- getting traded by NYI to make way for Rick Dipietro

- being passed over for Heritage Classic for backup goalie"

Losing the C was probably his biggest downfall here - something that should have never happened to begin with because it showed how ridiculous our management was. Even if him getting the C was ridiculous in the first place, it should have never been dropped. This guy was the heart and soul of our city, his name is yelled throughout our building and while the fans dont always treat him "well" their support has always came back.

After losing the C and losing against Boston, there was really no coming back for Luongo though at that point. This isn't even the worst part of it all, the worst part is how our management treated him after by promising a trade and then trading Schneider. So now he was stuck here, but at least he was going to be our #1 Goalie......at least he was guarenteed that position, right? I mean Gillis said it himself on multiple occasions.

Guess again......Lack comes in plays well and Luongo is back riding the bench. 10 million a year to be a benchwarmer just because our back up is putting up some good numbers and we dont have trust in playing our #1 Goalie; who by the way is given no leeway or room for confidence by our coach as his position is quickly stripped anytime he makes a small mistake.

and after it all....we get a heritage classic a game - a game that is a NO brainer for Luongo to start it, almost every fan in this city was expecting him to play in it. Why? Well he's been here for most of his career, he's gotten us much farther as a team than we could have ever gotten without him, and if anybody on this team should have felt entitled to play in that game it should be him.

but nope, we start Lack and yet again Luongo is stuck riding the bench. Our #1 paid player, our #1 fan favourite, the guy who wears #1 on his jersey, the guy who's contributed loads to winning us the presidents trophy 2 times to be #1 in our division......is riding the bench in our heritiage classic game infront of thousands of fans wanting to see him play.

"but he's paid 10 million a year stop being a cry baby"

No, sorry that isn't an argument. This guy was willing to STILL play and try for a cup with the Canucks after this - even after himself saying it hurt that he couldn't play in heritage classic.....but now hours later is traded to Florida. Man he must be smiling now. Every player to play here should be feel like "Vancouver" is a second home; but we basically pushed our all star player out.

and what are we left with? Unproven goalies and a mediocre forward combined with a team that cant score and a coach and GM that are clueless.

These next few years are going to be depressing.....

The chant were just a kick in the face to lack when he wasnt on his game. I agree with Elliot freedman's comment 100%, lack didnt deserve the treatment, it wasnt his call who starts the game.

Its a shame the coaching staff created a controversy bu starting lack, but the fans chanting against and mocking lack were just down right embarrassing...

Today is a sad day being a canucks fan, and i finally understand why ppl say the canucks fans are one of the most ignorant group of fans across the league

Please, a small minority giving the rest a black eye is hardly anything new.

Archived