The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flyers Have Tabled a "Substantial" Offer for Kesler AND Edler in Potential Blockbuster

That is garbage. I want B. Schenn back if we are trading Edler and Kesler to them. We are trading two Olympians and established NHL stars for a bunch of low picks and Morin? You must be joking. We don't want picks but we want players that can play in the NHL next year.

my appologies....I shoulda added to my list. My point was that my list package would be a starting point. Just like we have alot of NTC's...so do they. Philly needs to offload roughly 10mil of cap to fit Kes and Edler. They currently have around just over 2mil. Both Couturier and B Schenn make 1mil.

Where is the other $$ coming from?

Mezsaros is the only D without NTC but makes 4mil

Giroux- His NTC kicks in July 1st....Dream on

Voracek- just under 5mil

and I would opt for Morin over Hagg due to Morin being s larger nastier piece of business in from of the net

To be honest, I don't want Kesler. We have enough centers and we shouldn't be trading for another one who's best years are behind him. Edler, I would like to see on the team and I wouldn't mind giving Laughton and pick for him. But I honestly don't see a deal for Kesler happening, I think Homer is just driving up the price for Pittsburgh which is fine with me and smart by him.

I hear ya, that is what I've thought all along. Why go after Kesler when your biggest need is a top dman. That being said it's going to take more than Laughton, although a beauty, still unproven. Starting point is couturier or Schenn for a player like edler. Your fan base would scream bloody murder if coots, so perhaps a Schenn deal could work.

If we're really rebuilding then edler is our second biggest trading chip. If holmgren wants him the price is high and you guys will likely be pissed initially with the trade.

To be honest, I don't want Kesler. We have enough centers and we shouldn't be trading for another one who's best years are behind him. Edler, I would like to see on the team and I wouldn't mind giving Laughton and pick for him. But I honestly don't see a deal for Kesler happening, I think Homer is just driving up the price for Pittsburgh which is fine with me and smart by him.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

It's game on at the poker table and Holmgren just raised.

Exactly, then as Horvat grows and we pull more top prospects out of the next 1 or 2 top ten drafts we can deal for a simmonds.

Remember guys, it's a process haha

Horvat is the guy to step in for Kesler. We are going to get some rental garbage if we are looking for 2nd line impact center for next year, they would not give that up for Kesler!

But the pieces will have to make us better in the future.

I'd take that deal if you remove L. Schenn out of the proposal. Unless Gillis has a trade lined up to flip L. Schenn.

we need to take salary if we expect philly to take 10m in cap. id rather luke schenn than mezaros

Why....there is NO point trading them together unless every prospect worthy of the name in Philli is coming back and even then we'd have to eat serious cap for it to happen.

Kesler ='s Top young player, top prospect and 1st round pick (+?)

Edler ='s Young player, Prospect and 1st round pick (?)

So why trade them together for less?

Draft picks+really young prospects (i.e. Bo Horvat age group). If we get talent like what Pits is giving us/young impact NHL players that have a lot of NHL exp, their ceiling is already capped at 3rd line. Think about it, why would a team trade away a guy that is putting up second line points for an older guy doing the same?

We gain some value just because they are "proven" but give up a lot of value in potential of these players.

Philly simply has to trade one of their young budding centers if they want Kesler. Logistics, cap space and roster spot among the reasons. So yes, we could get a young NHL player that can put 2nd line points for Kesler. Kesler is also a star player and an Olympian, and those type of players aren't usually available for trade, especially when they have a great cap hit and locked for 2 more years with the cap rising. You should also think about why Canucks would trade Kesler for only draft picks or a prospect that might be another Kassian.

Why....there is NO point trading them together unless every prospect worthy of the name in Philli is coming back and even then we'd have to eat serious cap for it to happen.

Kesler ='s Top young player, top prospect and 1st round pick (+?)

Edler ='s Young player, Prospect and 1st round pick (?)

So why trade them together for less?

So we can cut some teams a break

The only real question with Phili is which of Couturier and B. Schenn we are gonna take. Schenn has more scoring upsides, hits more but is somewhat sheltered. His Corsi is not good. Couturier is the more complete, more reliable of the two. Tough choices...

Horvat is the guy to step in for Kesler. We are going to get some rental garbage if we are looking for 2nd line impact center for next year, they would not give that up for Kesler!

Why rush Bo? great player but he is not Nathan mackinnon. He'll start of the 3rd line like most great centers have, especially with his pedigree. B Schenn is far from a rental and would likely be part of the future core.

Simmonds is likely a non starter for them anyways. Holmgren is not thinking well we have insane young centre depth, let's trade our best winger for another centre.

The only real question with Phili is which of Couturier and B. Schenn we are gonna take. Schenn has more scoring upsides, hits more but is somewhat sheltered. His Corsi is not good. Couturier is the more complete, more reliable of the two. Tough choices...

Schenn is all am taking. We need skills and scoring up front. We already have Santos little helper, Richardson and Horvat that could take the last 2 center spots. Schenn is the more valuable player and the one with the higher upside. He could also eventually take H. Sedin's spot in the near future.

I hate to say it but why are people so idiotic about their trade proposals. If the Flyers expect to get Kesler AND Edler in the deal, I expect us to get BOTH Schenn AND Couturier back in the deal.

There must be a benefit in adding Edler in the deal, right now people are giving him away.

So far I've seen is us getting 1 more prospect from Philly and a horrible cap dump roster player.

Philly are prepared to overpay us as is right now for Kesler, so NO WAY we are adding in Edler for just a bit more.

Edler can fetch a very decent prospect and a 1st rounder by himself.

At this rate and all this speculation, the bidding war between two arch rivals can have Kesler himself fetch us what some idiotic proposals are for both Kesler and Edler.

Schenn is all am taking. We need skills and scoring up front. We already have Santos little helper, Richardson and Horvat that could take the last 2 center spots. Schenn is the more valuable player and the one with the higher upside. He could also eventually take H. Sedin's spot in the near future.

Agree! I just thought you were pushing for Nhl ready players over picks/prospects

Why rush Bo? great player but he is not Nathan mackinnon. He'll start of the 3rd line like most great centers have, especially with his pedigree. B Schenn is far from a rental and would likely be part of the future core.

Simmonds is likely a non starter for them anyways. Holmgren is not thinking well we have insane young centre depth, let's trade our best winger for another centre.

Oh yeah, I expect Schenn in the trade, I just got the feeling that you wanted to push for a Simmonds type player over draft picks...Could leave us in a similar spot we are in with Booth. We have enough 3rd liners. Biggest take away from this trade will be capspace.

Edler for Schenn and prospect + contract sounds fair.

Poor Jordan Schroeder...

Archived