The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MH370 - Presumed Lost in Indian Ocean, Possible Debris Spotting in Reunion

Brad Marchand

I don't have a clue what happened, but it's become quite clear that 2 things are going on:

1. The "authorities" know more than they are letting on

2. The mainstream media is pumping out the same garbage that they always do

There sure is a lot of speculation, but we all have to admit that we are fascinated by it in some morbid, voyeuristic kind of way. But it is one thing to broadcast rumours and speculations on public media channels and another thing to articulate your personal evaluation of these speculations in an Off Topic-thread of a more or less private hockey forum.

I admit that I find this case fascinating and I cannot remember anything like it in my lifetime. Even with the Air France plane, they found the wreckage (I think) immediately, but it took them almost 2 years to recover the blackbox.

I don't have a clue what happened, but it's become quite clear that 2 things are going on:

1. The "authorities" know more than they are letting on

2. The mainstream media is pumping out the same garbage that they always do

Yeah, I'm getting tired of the what-ifs pumped out on CNN every time I tune in..

Can't track a single phone/mobile device?

Where's google's satellites when you need them? How long would it take to photograph South Asia from an elevation of 5km? A few days?

It would be difficult to track phones.

a) If the plane crashed in the ocean, they would have died and would be untraceable

B) Even if they didn't crash in the ocean, the batteries would be dead by now

c) They would have to be in an area with phone service

d) Even if they were in an area with service, think of what happens when you go the US with your phone. Many passengers would not have service due to roaming

e) Not sure what Malaysia Airlines' policy about phones is, but many airlines still make you put your phones in flight mode

As for the satellite idea, there is actually a site with satellite photos of the region, which anyone can look at and flag possible clues.

www.tomnod.com

Rueters are reporting that some of the relatives of the people who were on the plane are threatening to go a hunger strike until the Malaysian authorities tell them the truth , really feel for these people what would be a really fracked up time for them has turned into an even bigger nightmare.

There was one individual that went on camera and said: "I think your government knows in their heart why we want you to answer us. Because you're always tricking us, telling us lies...Respect life, return our relatives. Can everyone read it? Can everyone read it?"

I can't imagine what they are enduring but I also really wonder what their beliefs are in this.

As i have mentioned in this thread my family has strong ties to the aviation industry and i have always had a great interest in aviation myself , this is truly a Mystery for the ages and i have a kind of morbid fascination with it.

Same here. Both my parents were ATC's, my uncle was a high-ranking airport official and my dad, while not a pilot, loves aviation and is quite knowledgeable so this is kinda in my blood too. Sometimes my mom has to literally drag him off his flight simlator lol. :lol:

Like I said earlier, if they wanted to bury this story, all they would have to do is claim it went into the Indian Ocean, wipe their hands, walk away and anyone who questions it will be labelled a conspiracy nut-case who needs to be made fun of.

Anyone who went to this level to take over a plane and fly it elsewhere had a plan in mind. Also, how do they know that 'all the passengers are clean'? What about those two people who got on with phony passports? Did they do a background check on them? A pilot with a flight simulator at home with missing records, a changed flight path before the sign off, a 45,000 foot ascension to knock out the passengers, turned off transponders, no debris fields anywhere, engine pings for 7 hours after takeoff, Then there is Huffington Post and CNN: "Hmm, all this evidence points to it being at the bottom of the Indian Ocean..." Where exactly is the evidence for this? Guesswork isn't news! I'm so sick of this garbage in the media, do some real investigating ffs.

CNN: "A plane went missing, some stuff happened, its probably at the bottom of the Atlantic"

Like I said earlier, if they wanted to bury this story, all they would have to do is claim it went into the Indian Ocean, wipe their hands, walk away and anyone who questions it will be labelled a conspiracy nut-case who needs to be made fun of.

Anyone who went to this level to take over a plane and fly it elsewhere had a plan in mind. Also, how do they know that 'all the passengers are clean'? What about those two people who got on with phony passports? Did they do a background check on them? A pilot with a flight simulator at home with missing records, a changed flight path before the sign off, a 45,000 foot ascension to knock out the passengers, turned off transponders, no debris fields anywhere, engine pings for 7 hours after takeoff, Then there is Huffington Post and CNN: "Hmm, all this evidence points to it being at the bottom of the Indian Ocean..." Where exactly is the evidence for this? Guesswork isn't news! I'm so sick of this garbage in the media, do some real investigating ffs.

CNN: "A plane went missing, some stuff happened, its probably at the bottom of the Atlantic"

It didn't seem like they investigated those individuals involved with the stolen passport and the purchasing of tickets very well. The U.S. has a spy database the size of the moon and they can't or won't look further into this? Kind of like the Canucks and how they have been managed the past few years, this whole investigation has been an epic mismanagement on a grand scale. Because of this I don't think they will ever find the plane. I had confidence several days into it but I've lost what confidence I had in their ability.

I mean, we're almost half a month into this and we're STILL speculating. That tells you all you need to know.

Possible Eyewitnesses? People in the Maldives Islands claim to a see low fying jumbo jet with white and red marking similar to Malaysia Airlines.

The global hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight has shifted to a tiny island in the Maldives, where residents spotted a “low flying jumbo jet” hours after the aircraft disappeared.

Several witnesses in Dhaalu Atoll saw a plane heading south that bore the red stripe and white background of Malaysia Airlines planes.

The sightings, reported by a local news outlet, would have occurred more than seven hours after the plane, carrying 12 crew and 227 mainly Chinese passengers, lost contact with air traffic control and took its sudden westward turn during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in the early hours of Saturday March 8.

“I’ve never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We’ve seen seaplanes, but I’m sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly,” said an witness.

“It’s not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too.” The chances of another aircraft of that size flying over the island at the time were, according to Maldives sources, very low.

Though authorities are yet to confirm the sighting, the plane’s pilot, Captain Zaharie Shah, is believed to have practised landing at Male International Airport in the Maldives on a three-screen flight simulator at his home. The machine has been seized by police.

A report in a Malay language newspaper, Berita Harian, claimed Capt Zaharie also practised at three airports in India and Sri Lanka and a runway at the US military base on Diego De Garcia.

^ Case closed? Mystery solved?

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-maldives-discounted-as-possible-location-for-mh370-20140319-hvkjq.html

Eyewitness reports of a possible sighting of missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 flying near the Maldives have been officially discounted in a statement issued by the Maldives National Defence Force.

These reports were also confirmed by Malaysia's Transport Minister, Hishamuddin Hussein.

"Based on the monitoring up to date, no indication of Flight MH370 has been observed on any military radars in the country,” the statement said.

"Furthermore, the data of radars at Maldives airports have also been analysed and shows no indication of the said flight. The Maldives National Defence Force will continue to render any assistance required by the Maldives Police Service and international authorities on the search for the missing flight and related issues.”

Earlier reports had quoted several residents of Kudahuvadhoo in Dhaal atoll who saw a low-flying aircraft heading in a south-easterly direction on the morning of March 8, prompting speculation that it could have been Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.

The residents said the aircraft had markings similar to the missing Malaysian Airlines plane.

The Maldives news website Minivan News quoted five eyewitnesses who said they saw the aircraft. “It was about 6:30 in the morning, I heard a loud noise and went out to see what it was,” Adam Saeed, a teacher at Kudahuvadhoo school, told the Maldives news website Minivan News.

“I saw a flight flying very low and it had a red straight line in the middle of it. The flight was travelling north-west to south-east,” he said.

Another islander, who identified himself as Hamzath, told Minivan News that he had also seen a low-flying plane heading from north-west to south-east.

“People started talking about it when they realised that the flight that we saw had the same characteristics as of the missing plane,” Hamzath said.

‘‘We are still not saying it is the same plane, we just wanted to report it just in case.”

Another suggested that the reports had been exaggerated.

“A plane did fly near the island,” said the witness who was not named. “It wasn’t that big, as big as people say.”

“These days, people will be out fishing every morning. Around 30 people would always be there in the morning – but no one talked about it then. If it was that noticeable, loud and big, people would talk."

When asked about the possibility of a plane of this size landing on an isolated airstrip in the atolls, Maldives National Defence Force spokesman Major Hussain Ali said this was not possible.

“If you are asking are there any landing strips outside of the main commercial airports, the answer is no,” Major Hussain said.

On a side note, CNN ratings have skyrocketed:

On CNN, the plane rises from misty clouds accompanied by an eerie background score while anchors offer intriguing details — some new, some days old — of the disappearance of Flight 370. The reports, broadcast continually, often are augmented by speculation — sometimes fevered, sometimes tempered — about where the flight might have come to rest. And viewers are eating it up.

The story of the vanished Boeing 777 jet has been exhaustively covered across every form of news media, with television generally leading the way. Each of the broadcast networks began its evening newscast with stories on the plane every night last week, a consensus that happens “once a year at most,” according to Andrew Tyndall, who publishes a weekly report monitoring newscasts.

But it is CNN, the cable network that has been scrambling to find a sustainable business model against its main competitors, Fox News and MSNBC, that has perhaps invested most heavily in the mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

Archived