The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] BUF - 03/23/14 - 5PM

Strombone1

I hate to break it to you but we usually lose those games at or near end of the season against those teams: just look at the history since the lockout

2006- 3-2 Loss to Edmonton near the end of the season

2007- 3-2 Loss to Calgary near the end of the season

2008- 2-1 Loss to Edmonton, 7-1 Loss to Calgary at the end of the season

2009- 5-3 Loss to Edmonton near the end of the season

2010- 7-3 Win against Calgary (Henrik was trying to win the scoring title and had a 4 point night)

2011- 4-1 and 2-0 Losses to Edmonton near the end of the season

2012- 3-2 Loss to the flames at the end of the season

2013- 7-2 Loss to the Oilers at the end of the season

The fact that even in 2011 and 2012 we had these losses shows how it is entirely possible for calgary and edmonton to win against us. I totally disagree with the fact that it is 99% certain that we beat them both.

You show it yourself when you point out 2010. We win those games when we have something to play for. The other years we were resting players for the playoffs or falt out didn;t care about the result. If a playoff is on the line you can expect a harder effort.

You show it yourself when you point out 2010. We win those games when we have something to play for. The other years we were resting players for the playoffs or falt out didn;t care about the result. If a playoff is on the line you can expect a harder effort.

this.

Why isn't there any of the lines for either team for tomorrow's game....

I'd say

Burr/Hank/Jensen

Daniel/Kesler/Hansen

Higgins/Matthias/Kassian

Sestito/Richardson/Booth

Dalpe and Zalewski(New Kid)are scratched

Defence

Hamhuis/Edler

Bieksa/Stanton

Garrison/Weber

Tanev injured

Goalies

Lack

Markstrom

Kes buckled his knee in practice and left immediately..hope it's not a big deal and it looked worse than it actually is.

?

I was there and he was the last guy off the ice....was practicing shots right till the end?

These were after practice, so not sure who you saw.

SDC10030_zps1da9af25.jpg

SDC10031_zps604cbe82.jpg

He looked fine to me. ;)

Give it a rest. They're both youngsters who have upside and hurdles to get there, if the fans with a need to have hate-ons could let it go then the rest of us could just watch some good hockey.

Obligatory Coho hurt feelings post.

The first three years they were including 2006 when the oilers squeaked in to the eight slot and went all the way to the finals.

And in 2012 we went 8-1-1 going into the playoffs our only loss in regulation was against calgary. The more surprising one was 2011 we went 7-3-0 going into the playoffs with the two losses to the oilers.

If the team gave up they wouldn't be winning all the other games which they were. What I was originally responding to was saying "its 99% certain that we will beat these teams in the final two games", even you can't agree with that given our history.

Point being?

He has money? He sold his soul to produce trash music and is a pathetic role model for millions of kids. Good for him!

Lol sold his soul? Shut up man. If you don't like someone's music then so be it but there's a reason so many people buy his albums and releases songs every week.... And who said he was a role model? He makes music , if you don't like his personal life who cares. It's about the music. At the end of the day he's more talented then you and can play every instrumental while you sit at home waiting for a draft pick

?

I was there and he was the last guy off the ice....was practicing shots right till the end?

These were after practice, so not sure who you saw.

SDC10030_zps1da9af25.jpg

SDC10031_zps604cbe82.jpg

He looked fine to me. ;)

Ooops, sorry. False alarm Deb.

Just got details it was minor...he left the ice when he 'buckled' it and when asked about it joked and said he had to check his phone lol. Good guy Kes :)

Dallas has 2 games on the Canucks. That's not even who Canucks have to chase, they have to overtake Phoenix who is 5 pts ahead and 2 games up.

I think we have 3% statistical probability to be in 8th. Good news is that 99% chance Canucks will end season with 2 wins (against Calgary and Edmonton)

Dallas has 1 and 2/3 game in hand.

PHX lost tonight and play NYR and PITS in there next two.

If canucks beat buffalo and PHX loses their next two by wednesday canucks will be 3 points out of the playoff spot with PHX having no games in hand and both teams having 9 games remaining. It's a lot closer than the projected stats would show.

Every game counts, start off a role against the sabres.

Big game, Go canucks go.

Lol sold his soul? Shut up man. If you don't like someone's music then so be it but there's a reason so many people buy his albums and releases songs every week.... And who said he was a role model? He makes music , if you don't like his personal life who cares. It's about the music. At the end of the day he's more talented then you and can play every instrumental while you sit at home waiting for a draft pick

Music? I'm sorry I don't consider what he comes out with as music.

Yeah the reason so many people buy his albums is because there are millions of mindless drones like yourself that will listen to what ever is aired on TV and radio 24/7.

A lot of people also buy crack, heroin or eat at McDonalds. Does that make it right or justified?

You sound about 14 so I'm not really going to argue with you.

The Canucks have beaten Nashville,Calgary and Florida this month.

With the Wild,Avalanche and Ducks on deck the Nucks need to face as many sub-.500 clubs as possible and this team is dead last in the NHL.

Canucks could win this one and stayin the race for .500 ,themselves.

Archived