The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] BUF - 03/23/14 - 5PM

Strombone1

I'm hoping Phoenix finished with a .500 record the rest of the way

That way we'll make the playoffs :)

You realize the Canucks still have to win the majority of their games too right?

Not to mention Dallas and Winnipeg are right there with us trying to get in.

Yea but this has a hollywood comeback written all over it

The thing about Hollywood comebacks is they're Hollywood because they are ultra rare.

The next week will give us a good idea of where we stand. The Canucks have got to start stringing wins together before they start playing teams that don't suck. They need other teams to lose as well, and a lot.

You realize the Canucks still have to win the majority of their games too right?

Not to mention Dallas and Winnipeg are right there with us trying to get in.

The Canucks have Lack and he's been beyond solid this season

I hope he gets nominated for the Calder trophy

The thing about Hollywood comebacks is they're Hollywood because they are ultra rare.

The next week will give us a good idea of where we stand. The Canucks have got to start stringing wins together before they start playing teams that don't suck. They need other teams to lose as well, and a lot.

Hollywood ending here we come!!! :shock:;)B)

We'll have to win majority of our games and hopefully finish with 94 points

If Phoenix, Winnipeg or Dallas go on .500 records then things might get a little interesting

Finishing with 94 points would mean winning all of our remaining 10 games...

That's not gonna happen.

The more realistic best case scenario is going 7-2-1 and finishing with 89 points. That would mean Dallas has to go 5-7 down the stretch, and Phoenix would have to go 4-6-1.

Both very unlikely, but we'll know alot more by Wednesday after Phoenix and Dallas complete their back-to-backs.

Go Canucks Go

Win this one !

One game at a time and hope Phoenix, Dallas and Winnipeg plays the rest of the season at .500 or less

We're in !

Congrats on Henrik's 1000 games played in the same uniform (in Winnipeg last week) but being honored tonight !

Well deserved honor

GO CANUCKS GO

Finishing with 94 points would mean winning all of our remaining 10 games...

That's not gonna happen.

The more realistic best case scenario is going 7-2-1 and finishing with 89 points. That would mean Dallas has to go 5-7 down the stretch, and Phoenix would have to go 4-6-1.

Both very unlikely, but we'll know alot more by Wednesday after Phoenix and Dallas complete their back-to-backs.

Exactly right

will know by Wednesday for sure

Scenario Standing after Canucks win today, back to back loss from Phoenix to Rangers & Penguins, back to back loss from Dallas to Winnipeg & Chicago, means Winnipeg gets 2 pts for their win against Dallas .. the standing on Tuesday evening would be :

Phoenix 79 pts with 73 games played

Dallas 77 pts with 72 games played

Vancouver 76 pts with 73 games played

Winnipeg 75 pts with 73 games played

This makes the end of the season very interesting.

I haven't given hope for my Nucks team to make the playoffs

Go Canucks Go

You show it yourself when you point out 2010. We win those games when we have something to play for. The other years we were resting players for the playoffs or falt out didn;t care about the result. If a playoff is on the line you can expect a harder effort.

In 2008, the 2-1 loss to Edmonton eliminated us. The 7-1 loss to Calgary (Linden's last game) was in a pointless game.

things are getting very interesting .. I dont mean in the way of making the playoffs .. I mean that with a little good ,, or bad luck , depends on how you see it , the nucks could be looking at a top 6 pick .. lets hope the chips fall our way .. :bigblush:

things are getting very interesting .. I dont mean in the way of making the playoffs .. I mean that with a little good ,, or bad luck , depends on how you see it , the nucks could be looking at a top 6 pick .. lets hope the chips fall our way .. :bigblush:

for that to happen we would need Ottawa to win a game. LMAO

Archived