The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Bye Playoffs?

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Minny got beat by us and the blues today bad and you think there beat any of those teams I mentioned which accounts for 6 of there 8 games left ?

If the Canucks win all their remaining games (highly unlikely). The Wild only need to win 4 out of 8 games.

Still got to chase Dallas and Phoenix.

They can win 2 or 3 of those, maybe even by shootout on a couple but then again you act like Dallas doesn't count, who are ahead of us (more ROW's) and have what 3 games in hand now? If you think the Canucks will beat every single team the rest of the way and both Dallas/Minny completely dying then you my friend are truly warped.

Never said that? I'm saying that you can't say it's completely over. There's still a legit shot we will make it. We are tied with Dallas for points and there down 0-1 for one of there game in hand. I don't see how you see minny winning those games against the kings, bruins , hawks , blues (lost 5-1 today) penguins or even coyotes ?

Green Men ‏@TheGreenMen · 4m

So Torts... you feel comfortable playing Weber on D in overtime, but you don't give Jensen a shift in the 3rd or OT? Makes sense

To be fair to Weber, that was Mathias' man......he let him go to double team the man in the corner.

Never said that? I'm saying that you can't say it's completely over. There's still a legit shot we will make it. We are tied with Dallas for points and there down 0-1 for one of there game in hand. I don't see how you see minny winning those games against the kings, bruins , hawks , blues (lost 5-1 today) penguins or even coyotes ?

:lol:

Playoffs were a long shot anyways.

To that end, I'm not sure why we're benching a player like Jensen. The vets aren't scoring and we want to be building up the confidence of a guy like Jensen for next year. Throw him out there and give him a chance!

Mishandling Jensen by Torts. He plays Kesler in OT who was brutal when he wasn't invisible. Jensen 4 on 4 would have been dangerous. Was excited for Torts for awhile but he's a hard guy to like long-term

It's no !@#$ in use drafting 12 or 13th. Useless.

Yeah, you're right.

I would never want to draft 12th overall.

hamhuis-jpeg1.jpg

The 13th overall pick would be even worse!!

zach-kassian.jpg

**Edit**

Here are a few more notable 12th & 13th overall picks.

Cam Fowler (12th, 2010)

Tyler Myers (12th, 2008)

Ryan McDonagh (12th, 2007)

Marc Staal (12th, 2005)

Lars Eller (13th, 2007)

Jiri Tlusty (13th, 2006)

Drew Stafford (13th, 2004)

Dustin Brown (13th, 2003)

Alexander Semin (13th, 2002)

Ales Hemsky (13th, 2001)

Mattias Ohlund (13th, 1994)

We're just in a part of the hockey cycle people! Keep your hope! GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel:

Dane Fox is currently #1 in OHL playoff scoring. Three other Canuck prospects are in the top twelve including, Cassels, Gaunce and Horvat.

This season is over for the Canucks. Next year is gonna be fun though!

This team is not as bad as the results show. We have been unlucky and had lots of injuries. IMO if we add one good UFA scoring forward like Paul Stastny and maybe a PPQB on the back end, we could come back to the playoffs next year. With Kassian, Jensen and Tanev improving along with possible additions of either Horvat/Shink/Gaunce plus a full year out of Santorelli, we could be in playoffs next year in a comfortable position. We just need luck with injuries on the front end and UFA additions. Buyout Booth and we will have enough cap space to do a major move this off season.

They can win 2 or 3 of those, maybe even by shootout on a couple but then again you act like Dallas doesn't count, who are ahead of us (more ROW's) and have what 3 games in hand now? If you think the Canucks will beat every single team the rest of the way and both Dallas/Minny completely dying then you my friend are truly warped.

According to Sport Stats Club, if we win out and end up with 93 points, we have a 71% chance of being the 8th seed.

I don't even care that Jensen wasn't doing much, you still don't throw him on the 4th line. He's an offensive minded player and he's young. He will only develop if he gets ice time with more skilled players.

All in all, it was a good road trip. It just sucks that Phoenix won 2 straight with their back-up, one of which against Pittsburgh...

According to Sport Stats Club, if we win out and end up with 93 points, we have a 71% chance of being the 8th seed.

if they get to 93 points they surely might get in. 71% chance. But....I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a bold prediction that the Canucks will not go 7-0 to end the season :lol:

Archived