The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison potential buyout candidate

missioncanucksfan

I've had to reassess my view of the job Gillis was doing and have come to the conclusion he was in delusion. There's no way I'd blame Garrison for signing with Vancouver for the money he did. It's Gillis who signed this guy. Garrison has been ok, nothing more in my mind. It's a lot of money to spend on a guy that's just ok. There's more than one buy out candidate on this team.

Whats his term? This would be a huge cheque to write. Not something you want ro go to the owners for. And if we were to buyout a d-man it'd be Alex "Brainfart" Edler.

As someone said earlier, only a fool would buy out Garrison, or Edler for that matter. If the team decides to give up on them (a bad idea IMO, considering they are coming off sub-par seasons) both have trade value.

I've had to reassess my view of the job Gillis was doing and have come to the conclusion he was in delusion. There's no way I'd blame Garrison for signing with Vancouver for the money he did. It's Gillis who signed this guy. Garrison has been ok, nothing more in my mind. It's a lot of money to spend on a guy that's just ok. There's more than one buy out candidate on this team.

Vancouver wasn't the only team to make Garrison an offer he was highly coveted and did quite well in a shortened season

again i will say this Hamhuis Edler Garrison and Bieksa all had terrible seasons considering what they have done in the past

Buyout candidate, that's funny. On a offensively poor Canucks team last year, he had the 5th highest point total, first amongst d-men. If the Canucks actually produced like they had in the past offensively, Garrison would have cleared 40 points quite easily. $4.6M cap hit, had 33 points this year, and was a -5. Keep in mind what Dion Phaneuf is getting paid, $7M per season now, and put up 31 points and was a +3. Canucks buyout Garrison, another team re-signs him instantly for more then what he is getting paid now. Stupid thread is stupid.

Archived