The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Maintenance Cost: Audi or BMW

OgS.MVP

Lol at the Ford guy dissing German cars, after driving for about 40 years I will never again drive a North American car. 100 K and they are done like dinner as Tiger used to say

Ignorance at it's finest. Most Fords I see today are breaking 300K and running fine. I just took in a BMW 328i on trade today with 125k kms on it. The thing needs to be wholesaled because it needs so much work and the parts cost too much to fix it and sell it on my lot.

And just so we are clear. I was not dissing German cars, I was pointing out the common issues with them.

I'm sick of people like the OP.

Spoiled brats.

I knew a comment like this would pop up. Why does he make you sick? What is he taking from you? Spoiled because his parents can afford to get him something and your parents can't? So bitter and jealous, don't need to hate...

Why blame the op?

If my parents could have afforded a new car for me when I was young, I would have been ecstatic. Everyone would. Don't be mad at him because you weren't given the same luxury.

As for audi vs bmw... I'd personally go audi. But as another poster suggested, check out Lexus and Infinity. Lexus is consistently ranked amongst the top in reliability. They also look great and perform fairly equally to other luxury cars in the category.

Spoiled because his parents can afford to get him something and your parents can't? Sound so bitter and jealous, don't need to hate...

Spoiled because giving your kids things they haven't earned is no way to teach ones kids the value of money. It's one thing to provide for your kids, it's another thing to give them whatever they want whenever they want.

Ignorance at it's finest. Most Fords I see today are breaking 300K and running fine. I just took in a BMW 328i on trade today with 125k kms on it. The thing needs to be wholesaled because it needs so much work and the parts cost too much to fix it and sell it on my lot.

And just so we are clear. I was not dissing German cars, I was pointing out the common issues with them.

I only like Ford trucks as I find them vastly superior than Dodge and the rest. I absolutely hate the front ends of Dodge trucks they literally look like locomotives especially the older models they're eye sores. As for Mustangs I find them overrated nowadays since they are very common, and the Ford Fusion is a very long and wide car.. I don't mind Ford escapes though.

I will let you know if I am in the market of buying a Ford truck sometime in the future..

Spoiled because giving your kids things they haven't earned is no way to teach ones kids the value of money. It's one thing to provide for your kids, it's another thing to give them whatever they want whenever they want.

He is in Med school though apparently. Im sure this like a early or late present for his outstanding achievement...

You must know the op and his family fairly well to have such insight into their financial values and teachings.

Maybe according to his parents he did earn it. Maybe his parents can afford it and just feel like getting their son a car...So what's your problem? I'm sure if your parents wanted to get you a car as a present you would take it without question.

I know plenty of young kids who literally have everything and their parents just give them money all the time. But none of them are flashy or think they are better than anyone else.

I can't help contrasting the OP's dilema in choosing between an Audi and a BMW to the story on local ctv/global where a girl decided to go to her prom in a burlap bag dress; she planned to use the money otherwise spent on a expensive dress to give to orphaned Filipinos.

I can't help contrasting the OP's dilema in choosing between an Audi and a BMW to the story on local ctv/global where a girl decided to go to her prom in a burlap bag dress; she planned to use the money otherwise spent on a expensive dress to give to orphaned Filipinos.

Thats the fact of life when living in a capitalistic society. We are fortunate enough to have the freedom to choice what we do with our money whether we like it or not. Honestly imo its none of our business to ridicule the OP regarding financial matters.. This thread is no different than somebody seeking advice buying a used car or asking for travel advice. We should stick to the topic that is which is better Audi or BMW and cut the unnecessary BS out.

In uni and needs an audi/beamer....if I'm not mistaken...OP are you Asian and do you still have an "N" slapped onto the back of your car?

I like how everyone in this thread is talking about spoiled college kids. Come to UBC, you'll find a whole boatload of beamers and such.

UVic is like that too around the summer time when theres an influx of international Asian students. One of my Chinese roommates bought a house and BMW shortly after leaving residence in his first year lol. Pretty standard stuff I would say.

In uni and needs an audi/beamer....if I'm not mistaken...OP are you Asian and do you still have an "N" slapped onto the back of your car?

I like how everyone in this thread is talking about spoiled college kids. Come to UBC, you'll find a whole boatload of beamers and such.

Seeing someone with a nice car means they are spoiled? In other words you are the one judging them and being cocky thinking you are better than them because you aren't so called "spoiled"?

Face it I've heard this comment from many people, the people that talk and b!tch about other kids having a nice car are all jealous haters, pure and simple.

Trust me, they haven't. Majority of the people I know don't use cars at all. OP's parents must be rolling in it.

Oh big deal, if his parents can afford to buy him a luxury car then it shouldn't bother you. My parents bought me a brand new 2013 Jetta Diesel, does that make me a douche?

The answer is no, just because my parents bought me a new car or if they had bought me a luxury car wouldn't change who I am.

Lol at the Ford guy dissing German cars, after driving for about 40 years I will never again drive a North American car. 100 K and they are done like dinner as Tiger used to say.

My Mustang is about to hit 200,000kms and has no issues. so no lol

and that's not even a super reliable north american car either

Seeing someone with a nice car means they are spoiled? In other words you are the one judging them and being cocky thinking you are better than them because you aren't so called "spoiled"?

Face it I've heard this comment from many people, the people that talk and b!tch about other kids having a nice car are all jealous haters, pure and simple.

Whoa whoa chill. I was just trying to emphasize a stereotype.

for some reason I feel like you're a 18-21 year old east Indian male who received a nice care from his parents as well

am I way off the mark here or did I get some of those right

Archived