The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Wow. What happened to Edwin. Getting tired of Francisco at third. Such a downgrade from Lawrie. Strikes out a lot. Is a homerun every once in a while worth it?

Agreed and I could stand to see a little less of Gose as well, cant wait for Rasmus to return.

As bad as the bats have been lately, if the Jays and A's both pull off wins today, Toronto will be up 4.5. Happ is Happ - never know what you'll get but Tillman has been less than stellar as well so maybe if Cabrera can get out if his funk, the top of the order might be able to string some hits together today. A very winnable game.

Looks like Lind and Dickey both suffered minor injuries yesterday. Time methinks to move Francisco to DH and give Tolleson the start at 2nd.

Jays let one get away yesterday. The had the O's on the ropes early, but couldn't get the big hit. A win today from Happ earns the split, which considering the slumping bats lately, would suit me fine.

Re: Sending Gose or Pillar down once Colby returns, I agree with Zaun. I think it will be AG, if only because he and Rasmus are both lefties...

Edited by RUPERTKBD

Looks like Lind and Dickey both suffered minor injuries yesterday. Time methinks to move Francisco to DH and give Tolleson the start at 2nd.

Jays let one get away yesterday. The had the O's on the ropes early, but couldn't get the big hit. A win today from Happ earns the split, which considering the slumping bats lately, would suit me fine.

Re: Sending Gose or Pillar down once Colby returns, I agree with Zaun. I think it will be AG, if only because he and Rasmus are both lefties...

Pillar has already been sent down..when they brought up Mastroianni...now Mastroianni has been sent down and Santos activated....they might keep Gose up when Colby returns because if they send Gose down they will have no outfield bench strength.....Cecil looked to hurt himself as well yesterday..I hope this isnt the beginning of a long line of injuries.

Pillar has already been sent down..when they brought up Mastroianni...now Mastroianni has been sent down and Santos activated....they might keep Gose up when Colby returns because if they send Gose down they will have no outfield bench strength.....Cecil looked to hurt himself as well yesterday..I hope this isnt the beginning of a long line of injuries.

I could see them swapping Gose and Pillar once Colby returns, but we'll see.

I did notice Cecil tweaking something yesterday, but I didn't catch how serious it was. The one that worries me is Dickey. Other than the gopher ball to Davis, I thought he threw well yesterday and a groin issue is something that can linger and cause problems for a while.

Lind's injury was from hitting the ball off his foot, so as long as it isn't broken, i think he'll be back fairly soon. As I said earlier, I think it may be one of those silver lining things. Gibby could put Francisco in the DH spot and have Lawrie back at third, improving the overall defence. (Remember the throwing error just before Davis went yard?)

Another option could be to have Kratz in the DH spot against lefties. Thole can stick to catching RA.

Just wanted to post an old post from someone, which I found interesting.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:45 PM

TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Their batting lineup is SOLID!

Scutoro who's one of the best at seeing pitches an awesome lead off batter!

Arron Hill who has had his best season by far this year and will only be as good or stronger again next year.

Wells I like him, but you can see this year he has really struggled and I think he should be involved in a trade and get a younger outfeilder.

Adam Lind is having one of his best seasons this year passing his homerun carrer record and on pace to hit more he's going to be very strong next year.

Lyle Overbay hasn't put up as big of numbers as last year but is still a solid player and brings good power to the team, and well he has latley been seeing the ball really good.

Encarcion newly required 3rd baseman who took over Scott Rolens position, this kid is young and has talent, very smooth and quick at 3rd base, had wrist surgery last year so his bat speed and timing might take until next year hopefully to come back, but has power and hitting contact he will be a good player again I hope.

Rod Barajois Good catcher works well with Doc, has some power when needed, but is a free agent after this season.

Eric Chavez Back up catcher who reminds me just like Rod has power and has even a stronger arm then Rod so I wouldn't be surprised if he get's the catching role next year.

Randy Ruiz Just called up 2 days ago and this guy has POWER, hitting around .350 in the minors this year, holds 3 minor league records for batting average, came up 2 days ago to play for Toronto hit a Homerun in his first game against the Yankees and in his 2nd game hit a home run as well, will be a good fit for this team.

Travis Snider still a young kid who is currently in the minors and is also supposively ripping it up, leads the minors in Homeruns once again this kid has tons of power and plays right field, so can fill the hole for the loss of Rios I wouldn't be surprised if he will be called up in september since the Blue Jays wont make the playoffs and just test out rookies.

So overall the team is very solid EXCEPT for their pitching they really need to make a change there and then they will be a lot better of a team.

Brandon League should be the closer for this team, best relief pitcher they have...

Cito Gaston have him become the GM/Coach and also hire Joe Carter as an assitant and then Cito can teach him to be a good coach and then Cito can just take over the GM role and then Carter can take over the coaching role!

This is obviously back in 2009, but I liked the EE comment he obviously nailed it on that one. Kind of curious about this Randy Ruiz player, what happened to him? It's like he just vanished.

After this semi-slide, the Jays are still 4.5 games up on the second spot. Though they haven't won a series in the last 3, they came 4-6 out of them. Splitting with the Orioles was important.

They have some leeway to find themselves as a team again. I've gotten far to used to this team falling into massive losing streaks, so it's nice to see they haven't quite done that. Whether or not they can pick themselves up again is something to be seen. But it can happen.

I dont know how I was being a troll, I hate the Blue Jays and am happy everytime they lose, I dont even watch baseball, but I will tune in here and there just to see the Jays lose, or cheer against them

Here's a clue:

If you log into a forum about a sport you don't even watch, just to tell people how much you hate the team most of them cheer for, your home address should be underneath a bridge somewhere.

I don't listen to hip hop, nor do I like it, when I hear it on the radio. For those reasons, I refrain from posting in any threads pertaining to hip hop.

You might want to consider something similar when it comes to baseball.

The Toronto Blue Jays sent reliever Steve Delabar to triple-A on Tuesday while officially recalling infielder Munenori Kawasaki.

The move comes one year after Delabar was voted to the American League all-star team in a fan vote. In 29 appearances this season Delabar is 3-0 with a WHIP of 1.36 and an ERA of 4.68.

The 30-year-old was 5-5 last season in 55 games with one save and his ERA was more than a run lower at 3.22.

Delabar was acquired from the Seattle Mariners in July, 2012 in exchange for outfielder Eric Thames.

Kawasaki, 33, has spent the majority of the season with the triple-A Bisons, where he is hitting .276 with nine runs batted in in 44 games.

Yeah, i dont know what happened to Delebar, but damn am i happy to see Munenori back.

Agreed. How can ya not love Kawasaki. Between him and Reyes, it'll be fun to watch when the cameras are on the dugout. Looking forward to see what kind of chemistry the two of them will have up the middle.

Agreed. How can ya not love Kawasaki. Between him and Reyes, it'll be fun to watch when the cameras are on the dugout. Looking forward to see what kind of chemistry the two of them will have up the middle.

This suggests to me that my earlier musings might have been close to the mark.

If Lind's foot contusion is going to keep him out, do they put Francisco at DH and platoon Moony and Tolleson at 2nd? Having Lawrie back at 3rd, with either of MK or ST at 2nd will certainly help the defense.